ADVERTISEMENT

Surprisingly good concert . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Was at Summerfest this weekend and saw some good shows.

Bob Mould absolutely shredded, The Cult and Black Crowes were good too.

But maybe the best show I saw was a band I’d never heard before: Parquet Courts. They were great — kind of have a little Devo/Talking Heads in them, but more 21st century.

That’s one thing I love about Summerfest. I almost always discover a new band to be a fan of, based just on accidentally stumbling on a kick ass show.

Also love this video they did:

But maybe the best show I saw was a band I’d never heard before: Parquet Courts. They were great — kind of have a little Devo/Talking Heads in them, but more 21st century.

That’s one thing I love about Summerfest. I almost always discover a new band to be a fan of, based just on accidentally stumbling on a kick ass show.

Jealous. I was touting this band here 4 years ago. First started hearing them on Night Music, on KSUI…

Thread 'What is the best CLOSING line in pop music history?'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/what-is-the-best-closing-line-in-pop-music-history.244777/

Reactions: torbee
Do BHT & TM's still play at Summerfest? I know that group and the BoDeans used to shut it down every year.

Love Parquet Courts. My youngest was also at the Saturday shows. Had a great time. She didn't know what the Cult was.

The Cult are still touring?...
They are, and Ian Astbury is still a super weird dude, lol

He had an extended rant about concert goers wearing "golf outfits" and much like a certain Nole poster, expressed his disappointment at men wearing shorts.

He also told the entire crowd that no one should go their entire life without visiting India.

And a lot more odd and awkward stage patter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT