ADVERTISEMENT

Swarm Collective Info and Interview with CEO

I hate NIL, it’s obviously going to ruin the game and in many ways it already has. What’s happening now in most situations is pay for play, plain and simple, that’s not compensation for an athlete’s name , image or likeness, it’s just like the old SEC, here’s a bag of cash once you sign the LOI. The rich will get richer to the exclusion of all other programs. Interest will fall for those programs like Iowa that can’t compete, TV ratings will tank, TV contract money will fall off a cliff. Schools won’t be able to sustain themselves financially with Title 9 restrictions in place. End of game. And the overpaid administrators at the member schools stand around with their thumbs up their collective asses wondering what to do about it.

I suggest ensuring amateur athletics continue at member schools by requiring all scholarship athletes to legally decline NIL income in order to sign a LOI. Either that or clearly define what is and is not legitimate NIL compensation. The current situation is a goddamn joke that will level most school’s athletic departments.

I hate NIL, it’s obviously going to ruin the game and in many ways it already has. What’s happening now in most situations is pay for play, plain and simple, that’s not compensation for an athlete’s name , image or likeness, it’s just like the old SEC, here’s a bag of cash once you sign the LOI. The rich will get richer to the exclusion of all other programs. Interest will fall for those programs like Iowa that can’t compete, TV ratings will tank, TV contract money will fall off a cliff. Schools won’t be able to sustain themselves financially with Title 9 restrictions in place. End of game. And the overpaid administrators at the member schools stand around with their thumbs up their collective asses wondering what to do about it.

I suggest ensuring amateur athletics continue at member schools by requiring all scholarship athletes to legally decline NIL income in order to sign a LOI. Either that or clearly define what is and is not legitimate NIL compensation. The current situation is a goddamn joke that will level most school’s athletic departments.
It will lead to more change that will better control the movement of players without prohibiting them completely. I say it will be 4 year employment contracts with the athletic departments or the school and would allow a player to move if head coach changes or hardship waiver such as say a death of parent, etc. the kids can still do NIL but they are in a contract with the school so can’t just move every year to some other school.

I would prefer to have have eligibility restrictions, like the NFL... The NFL has a rule that you have to be out of high school for 3 years... The NCAA needs an NIL restriction. Say, at least enrolled in college and in good academic standing. And if not, go join the XFL.
Blatantly unfair rule.

You are right do don't have to do that, but then you also don't get any right to bitch and moan when Iowa falls down to ISU lvl because they can't pay players enough to come here.
This is the wrong group to “take away” the right to bitch and moan.

It’s always been my opinion that they don’t feel bitching and moaning is a right… it’s more like their purpose in life

Reactions: Bishop1971
It will lead to more change that will better control the movement of players without prohibiting them completely. I say it will be 4 year employment contracts with the athletic departments or the school and would allow a player to move if head coach changes or hardship waiver such as say a death of parent, etc. the kids can still do NIL but they are in a contract with the school so can’t just move every year to some other school.

Lol this would get so messy

If the players are getting nil money then underperforming should mean less desire for their services in appearances, autographs, commercials, so a drop in their personal nil money. I can see without contracts for specific pay fir specific nil usage by players means that what was promised can go bye bye in a hurry. Why pay a freshman wr 5 million over 4 years if he doesn't perform? He shouldn't make that much if there is less demand for his. Services if hia play doesn't warrant it. That's what I can't wait for. Im sure these highschool kids don't have foolproof contracts that are legally binding. Does anyone think Georgia if they did promise 5 million for a freshman wr didn't leave themselves an out in case of poor play, repeated injuries, or any number of issues?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT