ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse and Kentucky To The Sweet 16

It bothers me, but i'm resigned to the fact that the NCAA won't do anything. Too much money at stake. I just dont watch the Blue Blood schools when they are on. Actually, I havent watched more than 10 minutes of any one game so far.

Would love too see a FF with Loyola, Gonzaga, W Virginia, and no one from the Midwest Region. Teams left are KU, Syracuse, Duke, and either Clemson or Auburn. Dont know anything about Clemson, but the rest all cheat their butt off. Sadly, the NCAA has zero degree of integrity, and allows it to happen and will allow it to continue in the name of the all mighty dollar.

One of the things I have noticed watching the teams that play in the tournament the last 3 years, especially those who make it to the sweet 16 and on. Iowa bball has a loooooong way to go, to compete consistently with these quality of teams and players.

The game has changed, excluding the money thing, but now it’s a game of can your guards attack the gaps, get to the rim and finish or kick to a knockdown 3 point shooter or get fouled. Strength is huge, but attacking, finishing, or kick out, do it again and again, either end up with a score at the rim or a wide open 3 for a good shooter. Tough as hell to defend if you have strong players. Hoiberg kind of did that at Iowa State.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
The game has changed, excluding the money thing, but now it’s a game of can your guards attack the gaps, get to the rim and finish or kick to a knockdown 3 point shooter or get fouled. Strength is huge, but attacking, finishing, or kick out, do it again and again, either end up with a score at the rim or a wide open 3 for a good shooter. Tough as hell to defend if you have strong players. Hoiberg kind of did that at Iowa State.

That change was quite a while ago.

Its whats so confusing about Frans aproach of trying to play a bunch of big guys at the same time. And from what I understand he didnt do this at his other stops.

One of the things I have noticed watching the teams that play in the tournament the last 3 years, especially those who make it to the sweet 16 and on. Iowa bball has a loooooong way to go, to compete consistently with these quality of teams and players.

This times 10000! I watch these teams and compare to Iowa and my god. There were some 16 seeds that would of beaten Iowa this year. Most of the 15's & 14's would of given us a game and it was all because of guards.

I'm hopeful next year adding 3 more guards to the mix will help "speed" Iowa up. Look at Syracuse and they start guys all 6-5+, but they are also athletic freaks and know how to play a 2-3 zone correctly.

Sadly, the NCAA has zero degree of integrity, and allows it to happen and will allow it to continue in the name of the all mighty dollar.

Hopefully the FBI case(s) go to trial and that forces the NCAA to act. CBS and the other networks are complicit as well. I understand that during the game isn't the time to discuss the allegations, but if they going to talk about Boeheim's daughter winning her high school championship then they could spend 30 minutes before the final 4 going over the FBI story.

ADVERTISEMENT