ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse

In a statement on behalf of the school, Syracuse Chancellor Kent Syverud wrote, "Syracuse University did not and does not agree with all the conclusions reached by the NCAA, including some of the findings and penalties included in today's report. However, we take the report and the issues it identifies very seriously, particularly those that involve academic integrity and the overall well-being of student-athletes."

says it all....they won an NCAA title didnt they?....GD cheaters...they should fire Boehim...but they won't...

Originally posted by hawk-i bob:

In a statement on behalf of the school, Syracuse Chancellor Kent Syverud wrote, "Syracuse University did not and does not agree with all the conclusions reached by the NCAA, including some of the findings and penalties included in today's report. However, we take the report and the issues it identifies very seriously, particularly those that involve academic integrity and the overall well-being of student-athletes."

says it all....they won an NCAA title didnt they?....GD cheaters...they should fire Boehim...but they won't...
Don't fire him. Cut his contract to about 100k a year and force him to coach the team during the mess HE put them in. Firing him only puts someone else on the hot seat of a team that's going to be extremely short-handed the next few years.

The report also showed cheating dating back to 2001 though rules only allow the NCAA to have sanctions retroactive to 10 years. This allows them to keep their National Championship even though it is now known they had an ineligible player.

Most of these penalties will not be enforced in full. This is just the NCAA waving their arms and saying 'wait we still matter!'

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect these penalties to be greatly reduced by the start of next year. I guess it just shows how much faith I have in the NCAA.

Speaking of academic misconduct, has anything happened to UNC yet?

Originally posted by MTHawkeyes43:
If the NCAA dropped the hammer on Syracuse for a lack of institutional control, what will they do to the Tar Holes and their faux academic classes?
The NCAA said last week the UNC academics thing are basically none of its business. Smh.

Unfortunately, slime still gets to rise to the top in college basketball. It wasn't just good coaching that allowed Syracuse and U Conn to become powerhouse programs under their "great" coaches. Usually if something smells like poop, shit was involved...

Too bad the NCAA doesn't really monitor and enforce recruiting and eligibility rules to make college sports a level playing field.

Wow. Those are some heavy penalties. I'm surprised Boeheim is still there, and I'm real glad Syracuse wasn't invited to join the Big Ten.

Given the recent history of the way the NCAA dealt with Penn St., I truly wonder how many of the sanctions they are laying on Syracuse will stick. They just don't really have the stomach to penalize the big boys.

Originally posted by wyohawk:
Perfect time for Tyler Lydon to get out of his LOI and come to Iowa?

Link
How are they going to lose 12 schollies and still be able to field a team??

Also noticed they have some verbal commits in 2016, FRAN start calling.

They should get a postseason ban next year too. The only reason why they self imposed the ban this year is because they realized they weren't going to make it and thought it would ease the blow.

...this makes one pretty proud of our team this year...damn proud...not easy to compete with bank robbers but Fran does A-OK.

The NCAA's Committee on Infractions has announced significant punishments against the Syracuse men's basketball program and its longtime, Hall of Fame coach, Jim Boeheim. Boeheim will be suspended for the team's first nine ACC games next season and the school will lose three scholarships per year through 2018-19 as punishment for infractions that occurred with the men's basketball program over the past 10 years.

Add this to the list of examples it is dumb to put coaches in the HOF prior to their retirement.

+1

Without reservation, whether Iowa has to fight for every win like an amateur Welter-weight in the ring against a Heavy-weight champ. Without doubt. Without pause.

I hope we are always able to say we are playing by the rules.

Sayyyy...

They got a big bodied center committed as well.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:

Originally posted by wyohawk:
Perfect time for Tyler Lydon to get out of his LOI and come to Iowa?

Link
How are they going to lose 12 schollies and still be able to field a team??

Also noticed they have some verbal commits in 2016, FRAN start calling.
3 per year for the next 4 years.

They are down to 12 scholarship players vs 15? Doesn't seem that significant when you figure they can sign
4-5 star recruits they can plug and play if anyone leaves early.

I have complete faith that the NCAA will cut the punishment in half before the first game next season.

Originally posted by HawkLogic:

They are down to 12 scholarship players vs 15? Doesn't seem that significant when you figure they can sign
4-5 star recruits they can plug and play if anyone leaves early.
13 scholarships in mens basketball. Women can offer 15.

Boeheim has coached Syracuse for 39 years. I guess that's what happens when you become so complacent after a long tenure. Sound familiar?

Originally posted by OldTownPepe:
Boeheim has coached Syracuse for 39 years. I guess that's what happens when you become so complacent after a long tenure. Sound familiar?
You are giving Boeheim WAY too much credit.

Originally posted by OldTownPepe:
No.

Originally posted by IowaHawkIT:
They should get a postseason ban next year too. The only reason why they self imposed the ban this year is because they realized they weren't going to make it and thought it would ease the blow.
I figured when the self-imposed penalties were announced something big was happening. Waiting to hear what Dukie V has to say about his best buddy. Assuming he can get Boehiem's dick out of his mouth long enough to say anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT