ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating for Big10s

pointtheway

Scout Team
Mar 6, 2015
U of I Big10 Wrestling site says:

Tailgating - Tailgating activities (including the consumption of alcohol) are prohibited in University parking lots.

What's up with that? They allow 70000+ football fans to tailgate for many hours before the home games, but don't allow wrestling fans to do the same for a couple hours between sessions?

My guess is it has to do with not wanting to pay for police/security/portapotties/cleanup.

The Vine just down the hill. About a 5-7 min walk depending on crosswalk. Or park on private land next to carver

Reactions: LBlindHawk

Tailgating - Tailgating activities (including the consumption of alcohol) are prohibited in University parking lots.

What's up with that? They allow 70000+ football fans to tailgate for many hours before the home games, but don't allow wrestling fans to do the same for a couple hours between sessions?
If you need it that bad don't go.

We won't be using our parking pass, and are planning to find a private spot to park. A shoulder to shoulder Vine, a Cambus to downtown, and trying to drive somewhere all seem like bad options.

I wont tell if you don't tell if you finish off a beer or two listening to tunes in the parking lot before you walk up. Doubt its will be a big deal, esp if you are not the driver. However pitching a tent and throwing a grill out might get noticed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT