ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating - Michigan Game

HawkAlum01

Rookie
Nov 22, 2005
I’m finally making it back for a game for the first time in about 10 years. Suggestions on good tailgate spots that don’t require you to get passes ahead of time? We’ll have grill, bags, tables/chairs, etc. so looking for a place with some room, not just a parking spot. So excited to be back to watch the Hawks upset Michigan!

I’m finally making it back for a game for the first time in about 10 years. Suggestions on good tailgate spots that don’t require you to get passes ahead of time? We’ll have grill, bags, tables/chairs, etc. so looking for a place with some room, not just a parking spot. So excited to be back to watch the Hawks upset Michigan!
Hancher lot is free. Large parking lot with grass side areas. Bus to and from the game with a little bit of walking.

Hancher lot is free. Large parking lot with grass side areas. Bus to and from the game with a little bit of walking.
Thanks. I have tailgated in that lot before but wasn’t sure if that was still a lot you could get into on gameday without a pass. Glad to hear it’s still open.

What about Melrose? Is that difficult to get into or to get out of after the game? Or is that only college kids there?

Good point! Have to drive back to Green Bay after the game. Otherwise I wouldn’t care. But f it, probably will just do that anyway.

Reactions: BBHawk
Ill be tailgating at Finkbine for the first time in years. None of us have tickets so we were planning on hitting up a bar or something. Is there a good place near finkbine or do we make the 40 minute trek to downtown?

Ill be tailgating at Finkbine for the first time in years. None of us have tickets so we were planning on hitting up a bar or something. Is there a good place near finkbine or do we make the 40 minute trek to downtown?
Wig & Pen and the Vine in Coralville. Pretty close, short walk to the stadium after.

ADVERTISEMENT