ADVERTISEMENT

Take a look: Cheney’s PAC debuts ad targeting Arizona election deniers

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001

A political action committee spearheaded by Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) is out with a new ad urging Arizonans to vote against Kari Lake and Mark Finchem, the Republican candidates for governor and secretary of state, both of whom have falsely claimed the 2020 presidential election was stolen from former president Donald Trump.
The 30-second spot features remarks from Cheney earlier this month at a gathering at Arizona State University in Tempe, Ariz., sponsored by the McCain Institute.
“I don’t know that I have ever voted for a Democrat, but if I lived in Arizona, I absolutely would,” Cheney says, adding that both Lake and Finchem have said “they will only honor the results of an election if they agree with it.”
According to NBC News, which first reported on the ad, Cheney’s Great Task PAC is spending $500,000 on the ad, which will air on broadcast, online and streaming platforms in markets across Arizona.
The Post’s Azi Paybarah covered Cheney’s remarks last month. You can read more about those here.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT