ADVERTISEMENT

Take the three!!!

herkI

HR All-State
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2002
I just re-watched the Michigan game and confirmed my observation from watching it live, our guards passed up good chances at threes coming off of screens. JW really was well covered but I thought JBo and CJ passed up shots they could have taken in rhythm and open. I know the game plan was to work it inside but, c'mon guys, you gotta try a three now and again to stop the opponent from packing the paint. I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed that? I assume we will correct that for the game tomorrow night. I sure hope so. The 44 for Luka was great but the announcers mentioned more than once that the diversity of scorers for Michigan was the difference. I agree.

Reactions: BBHawk
I just re-watched the Michigan game and confirmed my observation from watching it live, our guards passed up good chances at threes coming off of screens. JW really was well covered but I thought JBo and CJ passed up shots they could have taken in rhythm and open. I know the game plan was to work it inside but, c'mon guys, you gotta try a three now and again to stop the opponent from packing the paint. I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed that? I assume we will correct that for the game tomorrow night. I sure hope so. The 44 for Luka was great but the announcers mentioned more than once that the diversity of scorers for Michigan was the difference. I agree.

well they are both hurting pretty bad so there isn’t much we can say.

Why are we focused on what we didn't do on Offense? LOL.....Glaring other issue at hand from that game...

They did pass up some shots but the defense was the issue. If iowA would have scored 100, they would have still lost.

I agree with the OP about JBo and CJ passing on 3s. Usually doesn't happen with JBo, but I think CJ has been a little too reluctant to take shots most of the season. Hard to fault Luka, but it would be nice to some occasional inside-out passing to set up 3s.

As mentioned, defense needs to be much better, especially on the pick and roll. Luka is a nawful help defender, and we need him to just stay put near the basket. Pemsl is just an overall bad defender, who looked especially slow against UM.

Last edited:
Why are we focused on what we didn't do on Offense? LOL.....Glaring other issue at hand from that game...
Point taken but I don't think they would have gone over 100 if we had played our usual game.

Point taken but I don't think they would have gone over 100 if we had played our usual game.
There were some 3s they could have shot but Michigan went all out in stopping our perimeter game and IA destroyed them for it, unfortunately the other facet of the game forgot to catch the bus from IC to Michigan for the game.

UM didn't really pack the paint, instead their game plan was to run our guards off the 3 point line and make Luka beat them but guarding him 1 on 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT