ADVERTISEMENT

Tale of 2 Halves vs UConn. If we play a full game & get to 80+ points vs South Carolina, do we win?

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Last night vs UConn, the 1st half was brutal. We only had 26 pts at halftime. We had more turnovers (12) than made field goals (11).

The 45 point 2nd half looked more like Iowa basketball. Just 4 turnovers in the 2nd half & look at the shooting differences.

How Iowa got their 26 points in the 1st Half:

3-14 (21%) from 3
8-15 (53%) from 2
11-29 (38%) overall

1-3 (33%) FTs
26 POINTS

How Iowa got their 45 points in the 2nd Half:

4-11 (36%) from 3
12-19 (63%) from 2
16-30 (53%) overall

9-11 (81%) FTs
45 POINTS

The Hawks absolutely cannot play like they did yesterday. If they do, the game will be over by halftime.

They need to:
1. Defend well.
2. Shoot well.
3. Protect the ball.

Do these, and they have a chance to win.

I have yet to see a team that can play at the pace Iowa plays. If Iowa is making shots, it will be a good game. South Carolina, the games I have seen, still struggle with defending ball screens and transition defense.

I have yet to see a team that can play at the pace Iowa plays. If Iowa is making shots, it will be a good game. South Carolina, the games I have seen, still struggle with defending ball screens and transition defense.

my goodness, if we shoot like we did in the Elite 8....

How Iowa got to 94 points vs LSU:

13-31 (42%) from 3
19-38 (50%) from 2
32-69 (46%) overall

17-22 (77%) FTs
94 POINTS

Interested to see if South Carolina follows the UConn script and gives up some rebounding to get back on D & limit Iowa's transition game. Another factor is who leaves to double Cardosa when they're in man. Raven Johnson will surely be locked in after the wave off last year.

Referee redemption games always make such a great story.

It would make a great movie. I'm thinking a slow motion shot of a foul, then the whistle blows and it turns from slow motion into real time. The ref makes the call, the crowd erupts, the camera pans to a coach and they are complimenting the call, then they pan to the opposing coach and they are doing the same. The movie announcers start complimenting the call and talk about the adversity the refs had the year before.

I don't think it would attract too many people to the theaters, but I would watch it when it came out on Netflix.

It would make a great movie. I'm thinking a slow motion shot of a foul, then the whistle blows and it turns from slow motion into real time. The ref makes the call, the crowd erupts, the camera pans to a coach and they are complimenting the call, then they pan to the opposing coach and they are doing the same. The movie announcers start complimenting the call and talk about the adversity the refs had the year before.

I don't think it would attract too many people to the theaters, but I would watch it when it came out on Netflix.
With a closeup of the refs with tears of joy in their eyes as they sense their redemption.

Both teams carry the refs off the court on their shoulders.

And the few Russians in the crowd start cheering for Rocky again.

Make it happen.

Marshall is gonna need 4 or 5 3 pointers and Martin is gonna need 20+ points.

South Carolina is much better at perimeter shooting than last year. Won't be able to just pack the lane and let them shoot 3's this year. Gonna be tough for the Hawks.
Of course it will. It's the national championship game. Then again, people were saying the same things last year when Iowa beat undefeated SC in a little game called the national semi-finals. I'm not sure why people seem to have forgotten that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT