ADVERTISEMENT

Taliban confirmed they were paid by Russia

We need to ensure the Taliban don't take the country back over before we leave which is likely they will it is a black hole quagmire.

So you think we should never leave?
I asked if you wanted to leave sooner, or stay longer, and that reads like stay forever.
Is that what you think we should do?

Now, address the major topic at hand. The failure Commander and Chief.

Obama's surge was a failure, right?
Just got over a thousand more Americans killed, untold thousands of Afghans killed, and accomplished what long term?
Unless you're willing to be Hulagu Khan, W.T. Sherman, or the Taliban, you're not going to rule Afghanistan.
I don't want my country to be any of those things.

I think these leaks are aimed at undercutting any effort to get us out of that quagmire.
I'm not surprised that Russia, Iran, and Pakistan are funding efforts to get us to leave Afghanistan.

I see no advantage in further ruining relations with those countries so we can maintain our failed effort to foster a decent vassal in that god forsaken corner of the world.

If you told me I had to vote Trump to get out Afghanistan in the next four years, I'd vote Trump.
If you told me I had to vote Biden to get us out of Afghanistan in the next four years, I'd vote Biden.

Reactions: Nat Algren
You good with what he's doing? Just so we have you on record.
I haven't listened to any of this shit either way for weeks and I feel better for it. I stop by here once in awhile to see whats up with you girls.

I'm on record of not being a Trump fan thats on record go look it up Sally.

Get out sooner. Getting out was one of the few hopes I entertained for Trump.

It was the only hope I had.
He can't even back us up in Syria without the hawks screaming like crazy, yet Congress won't authorize our being there.

The only bright spot in his administration has been not creating any new wars. His failure to get us out of any of the ones he inherited can only cost him.

Reactions: naturalmwa
So you think we should never leave?
I asked if you wanted to leave sooner, or stay longer, and that reads like stay forever.
Is that what you think we should do?

Obama's surge was a failure, right?
Just got over a thousand more Americans killed, untold thousands of Afghans killed, and accomplished what long term?
Unless you're willing to be Hulagu Khan, W.T. Sherman, or the Taliban, you're not going to rule Afghanistan.
I don't want my country to be any of those things.

I think these leaks are aimed at undercutting any effort to get us out of that quagmire.
I'm not surprised that Russia, Iran, and Pakistan are funding efforts to get us to leave Afghanistan.

I see no advantage in further ruining relations with those countries so we can maintain our failed effort to foster a decent vassal in that god forsaken corner of the world.

If you told me I had to vote Trump to get out Afghanistan in the next four years, I'd vote Trump.
If you told me I had to vote Biden to get us out of Afghanistan in the next four years, I'd vote Biden.
Russia is our enemy and Trump is in bed with them. He is a traitor. We need to get out of there yes we failed miserably when we had such a small force go there and then sending a large force to Iraq at same time. Sending us all to Afghanistan only we'd be in an entire whole new world right now. Fully pull out, ok but be prepared to have to deal with them for years to come. THEY and Al-Qaeda are the true 9-11 enemies.

Russia is our enemy

Enemy at what?
They oppose our efforts to overthrow Assad by arming jihadists?
They oppose our coup in Ukraine?
They oppose our efforts to install a puppet government in Afghanistan?

What American thing does Russia threaten in your view?

While our hawks are pushing for more and more sanctions the Europeans are already moving the opposite way.
Why are they not as terrified as you living as they are under the shadow of the bear? That part always confuses me about the bellicosity vis-a-vis Russia in the 21st century.

We need to get out of there yes we failed miserably when we had such a small force go there and then sending a large force to Iraq at same time. Sending us all to Afghanistan only we'd be in an entire whole new world right now.

How you getting them in and out of there?
Through Russia, or Pakistan, or Iran - all of whom are paying people to kill our soldiers?
You really think doubling Obama's surge levels would have accomplished anything more lasting than doubling the casualties?
I'm dubious given how ephemeral the gains were that Panetta touted when drawing down the surge.

Enemy at what?
They oppose our efforts to overthrow Assad by arming jihadists?
They oppose our coup in Ukraine?
They oppose our efforts to install a puppet government in Afghanistan?

What American thing does Russia threaten in your view?

While our hawks are pushing for more and more sanctions the Europeans are already moving the opposite way.
Why are they not as terrified as you living as they are under the shadow of the bear? That part always confuses me about the bellicosity vis-a-vis Russia in the 21st century.

How you getting them in and out of there?
Through Russia, or Pakistan, or Iran - all of whom are paying people to kill our soldiers?
You really think doubling Obama's surge levels would have accomplished anything more lasting than doubling the casualties?
I'm dubious given how ephemeral the gains were that Panetta touted when drawing down the surge.
Russia is interfering in our elections and flooding us with bots spreading disinformation everywhere to further cause our divide and internal fighting so we implode from within as well.

Russia is interfering in our elections and flooding us with bots spreading disinformation everywhere to further cause our divide and internal fighting so we implode from within as well.

Can you understand why they would oppose a demonstrated warmonger with so many disastrous invasions and coups committed with her concurrence, if not advocacy?

All the idiotic bluster about Trump starting WW3 somehow overlooked how many stupid wars Hillary was happy to commit this country to.

How does she get that pass with so much blood on her hands?

I take it you are oblivious to the CIA giving shoulder operated " Stingers " to the Mujaheddin, who then used them to down over 270 Soviet helicopters. That's the way a proxy war works. The Soviets gave North Vietnam Surface to Air Missiles in 1965, ending our free reign to run sorties at will over NV...
I see. So we should reward Putin for killing US so ldiers? Take our troops out of Germany. Invite Russia back into the G7? No. F you and F Trump.

Can you understand why they would oppose a demonstrated warmonger with so many disastrous invasions and coups committed with her concurrence, if not advocacy?

All the idiotic bluster about Trump starting WW3 somehow overlooked how many stupid wars Hillary was happy to commit this country to.

Civilian Airliners Shot Down:

Putin: 1
HRC: 0

Reactions: Chishawk1425

Oh my Lord.

Civilian Airliners Shot Down:

Putin: 1
HRC: 0

What’s sad is that can be easily granted, and yet she has thousands and thousands and thousands (say that a few hundred more times for accuracy) more people dead as direct consequence of her policy decisions.
Why do you support someone who has pushed our country into so many disastrous wars?
What is her foreign policy success?
Convincing Obama that NATO should help jihadists overthrow Qaddafi?
Supporting the Iraq invasion?
Pushing for intervention in Syria and abetting the flow of weapons to the jihadists in that war?
Her utter silence and compete complicity regarding Obama’s partnership with the Saudi dictatorship to install another dictatorship in Yemen?

All that ‘experience’...

I see. So we should reward Putin for killing US so ldiers? Take our troops out of Germany. Invite Russia back into the G7? No. F you and F Trump.

The Germans don’t even want to have German troops in Germany (they obviously don’t give a shit about your bogeyman, they’re too busy working on economic cooperation) and what’s worse is that we’re moving the troops FARTHER EAST toward Russia. And you nitwits act like this is a sop to Putin?

Every time peace is about to breakout, the MIC steps in to prevent so more tax $$$$$ can be siphoned off of the US taxpayer. Let's talk about Lockheed Martiin and Boeing payouts.

Not so much. We armed them. Taught them. And early 80s was in the heart of the Cold War where Russia was the enemy and we were fighting it out, errrr, coldly. But the whole bounties thing circa 2020 is taking it to another level.

Yeah. What part of my post did you not understand with us being in a cold war at the time and making no apologies about funding the rebels. It was BAU for both sides. Fast forward to 2019 and 2020 and GRU is paying guys cash for every US soldier they kill while at the same time trying to joining the G8. Yeah, not at all the same.

Oh my Lord.

Yeah, she was one of the ones that decided you should invade Iraq. Why do you give her a pass for that and all her other terrible decisions that led to hundreds of thousands of needless death and attendant misery?
I really don’t get it.

Yeah, she was one of the ones that decided you should invade Iraq. Why do you give her a pass for that and all her other terrible decisions that led to hundreds of thousands of needless death and attendant misery?
I really don’t get it.
She went off the bad erroneous intel like all others and at a time when we were as united as we'll ever be the sentiment was to invade plus the Intel that was BS later showing Saddam had WMD.

She went off the bad erroneous intel like all others and at a time when we were as united as we'll ever be the sentiment was to invade plus the Intel that was BS later showing Saddam had WMD.

Dude, do think she wasn’t around for the DECADE prior that we bombed and sanctioned Iraq for their non-existent WMD program?
Her freakin’ husband signed the Iraq Liberation Act in 1998!

Do I need to trot out the quotes from all of President Clinton’s advisors telling us about Saddam’s mortal WMD threat?

How they hell could pivot off the position her husband used to bomb and sanction Iraq for his entire presidency?!?

Were you just of an age you had no clue that was going on the decade before you found yourself getting shipped to Iraq?

And then what are the excuses for funneling arms to jihadists in Syria and toppling the Libyan government? Or saying nothing while Obama goes to war against Yemen with Saudi Arabia?

Why do you give her a pass on these things? She has a WORSE track record than Bush, and at least in the case of Bush he went to the Congress to get his wars authorized.

President Clinton could never be bothered to do that, and as Secretary of State Clinton never pushed for Obama to get authorization for the new wars he got us into.

Quit supporting warmgongers.

Dude, do think she wasn’t around for the DECADE prior that we bombed and sanctioned Iraq for their non-existent WMD program?
Her freakin’ husband signed the Iraq Liberation Act in 1998!

Do I need to trot out the quotes from all of President Clinton’s advisors telling us about Saddam’s mortal WMD threat?

How they hell could pivot off the position her husband used to bomb and sanction Iraq for his entire presidency?!?

Were you just of an age you had no clue that was going on the decade before you found yourself getting shipped to Iraq?

And then what are the excuses for funneling arms to jihadists in Syria and toppling the Libyan government? Or saying nothing while Obama goes to war against Yemen with Saudi Arabia?

Why do you give her a pass on these things? She has a WORSE track record than Bush, and at least in the case of Bush he went to the Congress to get his wars authorized.

President Clinton could never be bothered to do that, and as Secretary of State Clinton never pushed for Obama to get authorization for the new wars he got us into.

Quit supporting warmgongers.
Support? I along with the majority of us knew how horrific this shit show Trump administration would be. UN Sanctions on Iraq in the 1990s and no fly zones maintained by the coalition?

Yeah. What part of my post did you not understand with us being in a cold war at the time and making no apologies about funding the rebels. It was BAU for both sides. Fast forward to 2019 and 2020 and GRU is paying guys cash for every US soldier they kill while at the same time trying to joining the G8. Yeah, not at all the same.
Your dismissal is BS. We're in Cold War 2.0. So, your response is invalid. But, if you want something more recent, here you go:

Russia is our enemy and Trump is in bed with them. He is a traitor. We need to get out of there yes we failed miserably when we had such a small force go there and then sending a large force to Iraq at same time. Sending us all to Afghanistan only we'd be in an entire whole new world right now. Fully pull out, ok but be prepared to have to deal with them for years to come. THEY and Al-Qaeda are the true 9-11 enemies.
Oh stop! I'd prefer our leaders talk. It's better than nukes. When talking stops, it's never good.

3 different Russian presidents asked our leaders if they could join the NATO. Clinton once responded, "Sure. Why not? I have no problem with that." 85% of their population sits in the west and they share cultures. Instead, our oligarchs got greedy and started buying Russia's state assets for pennies on the dollar under Yeltsin. A main reason why he is the 3rd most despised person in Russia today. Putin refused to forfeit his country's sovereignty and became Enemy #1. Russia has over $75 TRILLION in natural resources and our billionaires want it. It's $30 Trillion more than 2nd place, USA.

So, what are we looking at now? Russia has pivoted east to China. They have not formed an alliance, but, they are strategic partners. Russia is willing to be the jr. partner in this relationship for obvious reasons. The Chinese and Germans are all over Russia doing business together. Our sanctions have forced them to adopt a de-dollarization policy that will crash the global economy once Saudi Arabia aborts the petro-dollar and they will. Because the US is now a competitor to the KSA. China will promise a larger market share to import more SA oil if they trade in yuan and not dollars. The RAND Corporation said we lose to Russia and China in all war simulations.

Support? I along with the majority of us knew how horrific this shit show Trump administration would be. UN Sanctions on Iraq in the 1990s and no fly zones maintained by the coalition?

The Iraq Liberation Act signed by Clinton changed our policy in Iraq to regime change.
That wasn’t a UN operation, nor was the bombing campaign carried out in ‘98.
Your contention that Hillary was duped by bad intelligence is not sustainable in light of Democratic allegations made leading all the way up to the invasion and certainly well before you could contend that Cheney and Co. were ‘cooking the books’.

Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade and much of his nation's wealth not on providing for the Iraqi people but on developing nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
-- President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address), Jan. 27, 1998

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"No one has done what Saddam Hussein has done, or is thinking of doing. He is producing weapons of mass destruction, and he is qualitatively and quantitatively different from other dictators.""Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

ADVERTISEMENT