ADVERTISEMENT

Talkin' Hawks Podcast: Matt and Laura VandeBerg Interview w/ Cade, talks about his journey to Iowa and Injury

2D_

HR MVP
Apr 3, 2023
This is a must watch. Cade's journey from high school, to Michigan, his injury and how he dealt with it, to finally landing at Iowa. It honestly sounds like a movie plot. This really increased my respect for Cade, because his journey was incredibly tough. Living in an abandoned warehouse while watching Michigan win another title is brutal, and goes to show how dog shit they treated him.

Thanks that was really good. Nice to hear how much Ferentz means to him and what it’s like at practices/meetings. One part that stood out to me was hearing him talk about Ferentz working with the OL every day. Obviously that’s his specialty and I know he was very involved in the OL coaching earlier in his tenure. Makes me wonder if the OL regression the last few years has more to do with the departure of Doyle than anything else.

Reactions: iowaathletes
Yes I watched it yesterday afternoon - the Kirk lineman part at 1:08 was a surprising part to me "...the perfect rep doesnt exist..." when Cade was talking about Kirk and the lineman every week at practice.

A very good listen.
Cades final teams coming out of high school included some big names like USC, Notre Dame..etc.

Reactions: iowaathletes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT