ADVERTISEMENT

Talking Politics is a Waste of Breath.

O-townHawkstar

HR All-State
Sep 28, 2019
Its a waste of breath and time. What comes out is nothing like what you paid for or voted on. Their is no point wasting your time arguing. Corporate Government could care less who you vote for. They own the Country and will do fine either way. Your Vote is just a Glamour Poll.

Its a waste of breath and time. What comes out is nothing like what you paid for or voted on. Their is no point wasting your time arguing. Corporate Government could care less who you vote for. They own the Country and will do fine either way. Your Vote is just a Glamour Poll.

BS.

Meh.

It’s a fool’s game thinking your post will win an argument or change someone’s mind.

Do your research and come to your own conclusions. Voice your opinion and be open to dissent.

Reactions: pink shizzle
VTkduG1.jpg

You are dangerously self-disempowered.
Maybe you have billions of dollars with which to lobby the House and Senate... I don't. Perhaps you're wealthy enough to be politically connected and buy-off members of your local, state and federal agencies. If you're not, then it's high time you became aware that is how our political system works, and has worked, about as long as it's been in existence. We get what's left and a few privileges.

Maybe you have billions of dollars with which to lobby the House and Senate... I don't. Perhaps you're wealthy enough to be politically connected and buy-off members of your local, state and federal agencies. If you're not, then it's high time you became aware that is how our political system works, and has worked, about as long as it's been in existence. We get what's left and a few privileges.

You have the vote. You have editorial pages. You have the right to march and protest. You have a rep and two senators. And you are one of 328 million people that have these things.

You have taken your power away from yourself.

You have the vote. You have editorial pages. You have the right to march and protest. You have a rep and two senators. And you are one of 328 million people that have these things.

You have taken your power away from yourself.
Okay... did what I say totally bounce off of you? Sure, we have the privilege of being able to discuss how totally rigged, hijacked, stacked-against-us the system is, and has been... yes. But, WE ARE NOT THE ESTABLISHMENT. Being part of the masses isn't the establishment that has literally legislated absolute corruption into law, my friend. Electing people who meet the criteria of those with the deepest pockets is hardly going to make a difference.

Expecting improvements (as we see them) to society by waiting on government and politics is like walking through wet concrete.

Reactions: O-townHawkstar
Personally I think it’s helpful because talking politics exposes people to other ideas. If my beliefs can’t stand up to well reasoned scrutiny then that tells me then maybe I need to re-evaluate things.

The problem we have on HROT is that many times there isn’t quality discussion. Whataboutism and tribalism lead people to feel like they can show no weakness or admit that they don’t support certain things their party does, otherwise they are losing.

Things are great for me! If they are not great for you, maybe the problem is you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT