ADVERTISEMENT

Tallahassee Police Officer Killed this am

nolesincebirth

HR Legend
Apr 15, 2003
Most here don’t care but we do have a few Tally posters. Subject was fleeing in a vehicle then turned around and drove right at the officer head-on.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla (WCTV) - A Tallahassee police officer who died in the line of duty was rammed by a suspect’s car early Wednesday morning, TPD Deputy Chief Jason Laursen said in a briefing outside police headquarters.

TPD is not releasing the officer’s name at this time and is asking for privacy for his family.Deputy Chief Laursen said at about 1:30 a.m. the officer spotted the car at the intersection of Capital Circle NW and Northwest Passage.

The car turned around and drove into oncoming traffic, Laursen said, and crashed directly into the officer’s car. The officer died at the hospital. ”We truly lost a hero today,” Tallahassee Mayor John Dailey said.

Most here don’t care but we do have a few Tally posters. Subject was fleeing in a vehicle then turned around and drove right at the officer head-on.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla (WCTV) - A Tallahassee police officer who died in the line of duty was rammed by a suspect’s car early Wednesday morning, TPD Deputy Chief Jason Laursen said in a briefing outside police headquarters.

TPD is not releasing the officer’s name at this time and is asking for privacy for his family.Deputy Chief Laursen said at about 1:30 a.m. the officer spotted the car at the intersection of Capital Circle NW and Northwest Passage.

The car turned around and drove into oncoming traffic, Laursen said, and crashed directly into the officer’s car. The officer died at the hospital. ”We truly lost a hero today,” Tallahassee Mayor John Dailey said.

Dude shot three people and killed the officer in a wrong way collision running from LCSO.

Wow. What a sad story. I wonder if his airbags deployed if police cars have them and if he was wearing a seat belt. Yes, I realize it was a head on collision and he may very well have still been killed had both those been true, but those 2 things reduce the risk of death. It's a damn shame the criminal survived.

Wow. What a sad story. I wonder if his airbags deployed if police cars have them and if he was wearing a seat belt. Yes, I realize it was a head on collision and he may very well have still been killed had both those been true, but those 2 things reduce the risk of death. It's a damn shame the criminal survived.
From the looks of the car in pictures I saw this morning, airbags wouldn’t have mattered.

Was that near that Publix at the corner of North Monroe and Capital Circle on the way to Havana?
Sad news.

Looking at the photo would have been a miracle to survive that impact. Also, it surprises me TPD still has some officers driving those smaller sedans.

That jackleg did a lot of driving to go from Saplin to North Monroe then back to Passage, he could have just put it into a tree

Very sad for officer and his family , only 34 years old and dies on the job , damn

Looking at the photo would have been a miracle to survive that impact. Also, it surprises me TPD still has some officers driving those smaller sedans.

That jackleg did a lot of driving to go from Saplin to North Monroe then back to Passage, he could have just put it into a tree

Very sad for officer and his family , only 34 years old and dies on the job , damn
I think the guy realized he wasn’t going to get away and tried to take the officer with him. As is too often the case, the wrong person died.

Yeah, TPD has a lot of those smaller sedans. LCSO has mainly moved to Tahoes, though I do see a few of the old school Crown Vics.

Yeah, TPD has a lot of those smaller sedans. LCSO has mainly moved to Tahoes, though I do see a few of the old school Crown Vics.
Mass always wins. I used to wonder about those FHP Tahoes. After witnessing enough car accidents, I get it.

Reactions: runkpanole
Mass always wins. I used to wonder about those FHP Tahoes. After witnessing enough car accidents, I get it.
I live in Tally and have 2 neighbors that work for TPD and they both drive SUV's, but I don't think either one is a patrol officer. This was just another senseless act by a p.o.s. with a long criminal record. Of course, he barely had a scrape.

I live in Tally and have 2 neighbors that work for TPD and they both drive SUV's, but I don't think either one is a patrol officer. This was just another senseless act by a p.o.s. with a long criminal record. Of course, he barely had a scrape.

And should have been locked up with the key thrown away long ago, but we keep allowing these animals to walk (or drive) free.

Ban automobiles.

3FR5FEJVPRCV7E3T62N2SRKN4Q.jpg

The suspect. Was probably in the process of turning his life around. Probably getting ready to start medical or law school.

Yeah, and heaven forbid you don't pollute a horrible story with political b.s.
Not political BS. You are obsessed with crime, but always the street crime stuff. Are you a law and order guy, or not? I think not. You either believe in it, or you don’t. I don’t think you really care.

I've seen the aftermath of more than one high speed head on collision. The cars are completely unrecognizable, either a compacted mass of metal or scattered like exploded by a bomb.

What a terrible waste. I didn't see details on the age and family, but I hope they are taken care of as best as possible.

And should have been locked up with the key thrown away long ago, but we keep allowing these animals to walk (or drive) free.
Yep. In good ol' Twin Cities today they caught Jaleel something,something Wah (sp?) with a bunch of stolen property from multiple home break-ins in suburban Woodbury and Cottage Grove. Had some chick with him when arrested, but still looking for 2nd male based on multiple home security camera pics.

This is where it gets real shocking in Libbyland (yes, it's sarcasm)..........our friend Jaleel has already been convicted 5 times for first degree burglary! 5 times and this degenerate is still walking the streets with others whose sole purpose in life is to steal shit out of your house in the middle of the night while you sleep.

(more sarcasm...........we know good ol' Jaleel has only ever robbed law abiding citizens home 6 times, cause that's how many times he's actually been caught! LOL!)

1 bullet, 1 shed, bye-bye Jaleel.

Weird that you call out new guy, but let Biggrey slide.
Not new. Not weird. I got what I expected and wanted. Got him to admit he cares mostly about street crime, then basically also admit he has no clue the connections between white collar crime and street crime, that he’s uninterested in learning how they are connected, nor interested, surely, in exploring the far-reaching and devastating consequences of white collar crime.

Law and order.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT