ADVERTISEMENT

Tampons in men's bathrooms

This thread. 😂
I think we should have a separate thread on weirdest places we've pooped.

Or just continue that conversation here.

I am not proud of this, but when quite drunk in high school I once pooped off a jungle gym at a campground then buried it in the sand. I still feel bad about some kid playing in the sand there and discovering my fossilized feces.

So what was the point of doing it? Kind of like climbing Mt. Everest, just because it was there?
I think so. Exploring boundaries maybe? As an adult I’m more introspective to core motivations. As a 2nd grader? I think I just wanted to see if I could.

Reactions: torbee
I think we should have a separate thread on weirdest places we've pooped.

Or just continue that conversation here.

I am not proud of this, but when quite drunk in high school I once pooped off a jungle gym at a campground then buried it in the sand. I still feel bad about some kid playing in the sand there and discovering my fossilized feces.
I mean, the cats do it. Some might say it was courteous to cover it with sand.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
One time in the middle of the summer, we were out shooting clay pigeons, and the bubble gut hit me. I had to unleash just absolute holy hell on an innocent tree. Luckily I always keep TP in the car for such an occasion. Unluckily the mosquitos were out in force. I had (quite literally) dozens of bug bites on my ass/taint. Sitting was very uncomfortable for a few days.

One time in the middle of the summer, we were out shooting clay pigeons, and the bubble gut hit me. I had to unleash just absolute holy hell on an innocent tree. Luckily I always keep TP in the car for such an occasion. Unluckily the mosquitos were out in force. I had (quite literally) dozens of bug bites on my ass/taint. Sitting was very uncomfortable for a few days.
Yeah, I've had to do the "hang the butt over the downed tree" trick a few times when trout fishing and being several miles from any facilities when the sudden urge hits. There is something liberating about crapping out in the woods, but the TP situation can be an issue. I've lost more than one sock due to necessity.

One time someone sh*t in the urinal in high school. I always respected the effort from the pooper. My response:

ted-frank-stevens.gif

Yeah, I've had to do the "hang the butt over the downed tree" trick a few times when trout fishing and being several miles from any facilities when the sudden urge hits. There is something liberating about crapping out in the woods, but the TP situation can be an issue. I've lost more than one sock due to necessity.

My golf bag, travel toiletries bag, car glove compartment and dog travel bag all have one of these in them. Life changing.

I recommend bidets in general. The warm water tushy one is next level and I enjoy going to my fathers house to take a dump. I am cheap and own the single temperature one. It’s good for hygene, but a warm jet stream elevates the joy of that morning squat.

• Haha
Reactions: thewop and torbee
Why is this needed again?

Transgender identity is generally found in less than 1% of the worldwide population, with figures ranging from <0.1% to 0.6%

31.6 million people (10.1%) in the U.S. have some form of eczema, therefore, there's a greater chance of a person needing lotion entering a restroom than a transgender person needing a tampon.

As far as the tampons go, the majority of women who need them, carry them in their purses (I assume a transgender man would have one in a pocket), so that reduces the above percentage by likelihood of need. That makes the percentage drop even further. Then divide the above percentage further by transgender man vs woman and yet again the % drops.

That said, if I saw one in a restroom it wouldn't trigger me. Just sounds unnecessary from a logistics/statistical point of view.

Last edited:
Why is this needed again?

Transgender identity is generally found in less than 1% of the worldwide population, with figures ranging from <0.1% to 0.6%

31.6 million people (10.1%) in the U.S. have some form of eczema, therefore, there's a greater chance of a person needing lotion entering a restroom than a transgender person.

As far as the tampons go, the majority of women who need them, carry them in their purses (I assume a transgender man would have one in a pocket), so that reduces the above percentage by likelihood of need. That makes the percentage drop even further. Then divide the above percentage further by transgender man vs woman and yet again the % drops.

That said, if I saw one in a restroom it wouldn't trigger me. Just sounds unnecessary from a logistics/statistical point of view.
Tend to agree with this. Definitely more of a virtue-signaling project. Look at us, we are so inclusive we put TAMPONS IN THE "MEN'S" ROOM!!!

Where I differ with our right wing posters is I just DGAF. If it makes them feel good, let 'em do it. Plus, if I ever have a bloody nose and am in the vicinity, I'm taken care of!

We used to do an annual long driving vacation with the kids every summer. One year coming back from Yellowstone, we grabbed fast food somewhere and kids were sound asleep in the van and we were in the middle of nowhere. I mentioned to my no-pic wife that I was going to have to pull over and to my surprise she said "pull over now, I'm not sure I'm going to make it." So I pulled over in total darkness in the mountains and we both scattered and unleashed. It was really unpleasant. And then to top it off, we both heard what seemed like a large animal in a frenzy in the nearby bushes/trees and basically sprinted to the vehicle. It was probably a squirrel, but at the time it seemed like it had to be a bear.

Reactions: torbee
Tend to agree with this. Definitely more of a virtue-signaling project. Look at us, we are so inclusive we put TAMPONS IN THE "MEN'S" ROOM!!!

Where I differ with our right wing posters is I just DGAF. If it makes them feel good, let 'em do it. Plus, if I ever have a bloody nose and am in the vicinity, I'm taken care of!

As long as it's not taxpayer funds I don't really care. I mostly think it's silly and that this trans stuff is kind of insane. But if I'm not paying for it the most I will do is roll my eyes.

I really don’t care either way on this but I have to ask why with such a small percentage of the population this affects is it ok for this to be made an issue when all we heard about biological males winning sports events was such a small sample size it should be just let go?

And how often do you think they will actually be sold in a men's bathroom?

Unless you have large amount of transmen as clients I'm thinking it's going to take you several decades. Probably won't have to even refill the thing for years at a time.
All the more reason to…..not care. The cost of installation is negligible, the product isn’t perishable and they won’t be used often. It will greatly help a very, very small percentage of people. Seems like a win-win to me.

the product isn’t perishable

The shelf life of tampons is about five years — provided they're left in the package undisturbed and not exposed to excessive moisture. Tampons are sanitary products, but they're not packaged and sealed as sterile products. This means bacteria and mold can grow if they're not stored properly.

The shelf life of tampons is about five years — provided they're left in the package undisturbed and not exposed to excessive moisture. Tampons are sanitary products, but they're not packaged and sealed as sterile products. This means bacteria and mold can grow if they're not stored properly.

Five. Years…for a product that costs about 50 cents. Is it essential in every men’s room in America tomorrow? No...but is it worthy of flipping out about? Also no.

Five. Years…for a product that costs about 50 cents. Is it essential in every men’s room in America tomorrow? No...but is it worthy of flipping out about? Also no.
I assume most will quite quickly be smashed from the walls and destroyed.

Really? So we’re all into public vandalism now? What about horny goat weed machines?
Last I read, these were going in schools in one state. I doubt they have horny goat weed machines too. Maybe kids will leave them alone, our school has issues with vandalism in the bathrooms today, these seem like likely targets.

Yeah… we should have public bathroom attendants that look to see what you’ve got downstairs and then give you a ticket for entry into a specific bathroom matching your situation.
I'm not sure that is necessary, but there is no need to cater to insanity. If you are on your period, go into the women's bathroom, problem solved.

Are you going to lose your sh1t if a government building adds 3 new vending machines?

Might write to my rep about it. Not that it's likely to happen in state buildings here since I live in Indiana. Federal buildings I don't know but I'm sure my rep will vote no on that one.

Might write to my rep about it. Not that it's likely to happen in state buildings here since I live in Indiana. Federal buildings I don't know but I'm sure my rep will vote no on that one.
Do federal and state govt buildings put tampon dispensers in women's bathrooms currently? Asking because I have zero clue.

Would you be mad about them paying to put in a snack machine on the 2nd floor if there’s already a machine on 1 and 3? It’s not really necessary and it’s tax dollars…

I used to own this book. Lent it out a lot and it didn't come back one day. Very informative and entertaining read.

51CiCa7ug+L._AC_SY780_.jpg

Would you be mad about them paying to put in a snack machine on the 2nd floor if there’s already a machine on 1 and 3? It’s not really necessary and it’s tax dollars…
Depends. If the snack machines on 1 & 3 aren't getting used and/or there isn't evidence that an additional 2nd floor snack machine would get used. In post #54 I made, what I believe to be, a solid attempt at calculating potential use which should be considered when looking to fund something such as this.

I look at this situation the same way I would if a request was submitted for putting braille on a drive-thru menu. While I support equality, is braille really a necessary expenditure on a drive-thru menu.

ADVERTISEMENT