ADVERTISEMENT

Targeting!

Kirksey still playing for the Packers and Hitch for the Chiefs. Possible Super Bowl meeting to call dibs. Morris still in the league on a roster or practice squad?

Kirksey still playing for the Packers and Hitch for the Chiefs. Possible Super Bowl meeting to call dibs. Morris still in the league on a roster or practice squad?
Hung around a few years on practice squads and call ups, won a ring with New England, then left after multiple injuries.

Actually really good listen to washed up Walkon's last week interviewing Morris.

I was watching some old Iowa highlights and came across this clip of Anthony Hitchens. Awesome hit back then. Penalty and a targeting ejection today! It's wild how the game has changed.

Wow. No kidding. Glad they have removed a lot of this, while exciting, just too dangerous.

And if anyone has not seen the movie Concussion, I highly recommend.

Reactions: papabeef
Can't remember which defender it was but one of the Wisky games at Kinnick (might have been '04) didn't we knock out a few QB's...that hit by the Iowa guy near our sideline was definitely targeting. Maybe Pagel or Considine..

Can't remember which defender it was but one of the Wisky games at Kinnick (might have been '04) didn't we knock out a few QB's...that hit by the Iowa guy near our sideline was definitely targeting. Maybe Pagel or Considine..
In 2002 we knocked out the #1 and #2 QBs for Wisconsin in the same game. But that's the kind of thing that happens when Bob Sanders is on your team.

Reactions: michael.nelson311
In 2002 we knocked out the #1 and #2 QBs for Wisconsin in the same game. But that's the kind of thing that happens when Bob Sanders is on your team.
That's it! Here ya go, it was Pagel wow tough hit on Bollinger. Sorgi got knocked out too but wasn't that bad of a hit.

The Bollinger hit looked worse from the replay angles than it did from the sideline broadcast angle. I thought it was just a good shoulder hit watching it live, but the replays showed what would be a probable targeting call today.

Sorgi's play looked like he realized that this is going to suck a ton when Iowa knows we have to throw, so I'll just be injured and sit the rest of this one out.

Almost forgot, go to 9:04 for the best play call of KoK's tenure as OC. 18 years later and I still tell people about that play. We were so successful with the jailbreak screen that season that it was just a matter of time until Brad pump faked the defense and went over the top. Four Wisconsin defenders bit so hard on the fake and it left both Dallas and Mo wide open for the easy touchdown.

Almost forgot, go to 9:04 for the best play call of KoK's tenure as OC. 18 years later and I still tell people about that play. We were so successful with the jailbreak screen that season that it was just a matter of time until Brad pump faked the defense and went over the top. Four Wisconsin defenders bit so hard on the fake and it left both Dallas and Mo wide open for the easy touchdown.
I think the offensive staff finally decided to appease the message boards back then and run the "fake jailbreak." We had two guys wide open, not sure if we've ever run that play again. I do miss the TE waggle throwback, exhibit 1 is the Cap 1 Bowl to Chandler and exhibit 2 is the Alamo Bowl vs TX.

That was a great call, but an arguably even better one came on the play-action pass to Reisner in the Insight Bowl on third down to ice the game against Missouri.

Wow. No kidding. Glad they have removed a lot of this, while exciting, just too dangerous.

And if anyone has not seen the movie Concussion, I highly recommend.

should have been targeting then .

That was a great call, but an arguably even better one came on the play-action pass to Reisner in the Insight Bowl on third down to ice the game against Missouri.

Reisner should have had the TD, I hate the end of that play, he picked the only path to NOT score, he had two freaking blockers at the 10 yard line! Great playcall for sure.

Was at this Iowa at IU game in ‘12. Yes, definitely can see in less than 10 years how the game has changed with these kind of hits. Anyone over age of 30 was encouraged to make these kind of hits. Also noteworthy that day was kick off being delayed appx 90 minutes due to lightning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT