ADVERTISEMENT

T'Boy White

PHXIowaClub

HB Heisman
Nov 27, 2002
Arizona
I am actually all for Iowa offering any state of Iowa kid they think will help them but I find it hilarious there's an article up on T'Boy White and the schools he's hearing from: Simpson, Iowa, & Iowa State. I've seen these little scat backs have success against Iowa at places like Iowa State so I'm not going to say much but beating out Simpson and Iowa State for a recruit is typically not how you win the West. We will see if Iowa ends up offering. Not sure how great his parenting has been given his name "T'Boy"

Lately, we haven't beaten out Nevada and Utah and couldn't get a visit from a kid this weekend because he'd rather visit Wake Forest, so at this point, we have to beat out whoever we can.

Originally posted by kakohawk:

Lately, we haven't beaten out Nevada and Utah and couldn't get a visit from a kid this weekend because he'd rather visit Wake Forest, so at this point, we have to beat out whoever we can.
I understand your point Kako, but this is a 2016 kid, not somebody who is eligible to sign in a few days. We shouldn't be settling for scraps at this point for that class.

Also, it's not uncommon for kids to get attention from local schools alone going into their senior seasons. This kid may have only one year of varsity experience at this point.

Originally posted by Recruiting Violation:
Originally posted by kakohawk:

I understand your point Kako, but this is a 2016 kid, not somebody who is eligible to sign in a few days. We shouldn't be settling for scraps at this point for that class.

Also, it's not uncommon for kids to get attention from local schools alone going into their senior seasons. This kid may have only one year of varsity experience at this point.
I'm confused by your post. Iowa hasn't offered this young man, at least as of yet so are you complaining because he is "hearing" from Iowa? I expect the staff to cast out a large net and then whittle it down to the kids they really want and have a chance of signing. I will certainly complain when they miss on good targets and then offer fall-back recruits but I won't complain about getting out in front of a large number of potential recruits fro upcoming years.

Edit: I meant to reply to the OP and not the previous post. Sorry, Recruiting Violation.

This post was edited on 1/30 8:10 AM by TankHawk

Does it make anyone feel better that he's originally from Providence, RI and hasn't lived in Iowa very long? You know...he's not some corn fed yokel, he's a real east coast football player.

I think ragging on his name as a means to say he has poor parenting is borderline racist.

But that's none of my business.

Originally posted by Cougar63:
I think ragging on his name as a means to say he has poor parenting is borderline racist.

Not racist. Just stupid.

Interesting that people bash a scat back.

2003 a runner of nearly the same size the did the following:

13 Games (10-3) including a bowl victory over Florida
Att 282
yds 1355
Avg 4.8 ypc
TD 7
6 KR
158yds
26.3ypr

2839713-running-back-fred-russell-of-the-iowa-hawkeyes-gettyimages.jpg

Originally posted by PHXIowaClub:
I am actually all for Iowa offering any state of Iowa kid they think will help them but I find it hilarious there's an article up on T'Boy White and the schools he's hearing from: Simpson, Iowa, & Iowa State. I've seen these little scat backs have success against Iowa at places like Iowa State so I'm not going to say much but beating out Simpson and Iowa State for a recruit is typically not how you win the West. We will see if Iowa ends up offering. Not sure how great his parenting has been given his name "T'Boy"
It's been a rough few years for us. We need whatever help we can get
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by TankHawk:
Edit: I meant to reply to the OP and not the previous post. Sorry, Recruiting Violation.

This post was edited on 1/30 8:10 AM by TankHawk
No worries, Tank! I was a little confused by your reply at first, but saw your edit. :)

Cougar, you are jumping to way too much of a conclusion here...
1) first of all the poster did not rag on his name... in fact he may have actually complimented the kid by saying he could ball because of it
2) and nobody mentioned or alluded to poor parenting in that post... except you by your accusation in yours
3) the racist card.. again? Come on. Put your ACLU card away and get some thicker skin.

for the bashers these are the RB's that IA has offers out to u=in the 2016 class

5* Walker 6'1 210 lbs committed to O$U
4* Moran 5'9 185 lbs uncommitted out of Illinois
4* Falcon 6'1 210 lbs uncommitted out of Michigan
4* McCall 5'11 170 lbs uncommitted out of Ohio
3* Pettaway 5'10 199 lbs uncommitted out of Michigan
3* Takinribade 6'0 205 lbs uncommitted out of Indiana
Stephens 6'0 200 lbs uncommitted out of Texas
Brown 5'11 185 lbs uncommitted out of Georgia

and IA already has Young 5'11 206 lbs.

these coaches are busy recruiting RB's
ARob in 2 seasons ran for 1775 yards, including helping IA to that OB VICTORY. don't forget what Abduhlah did for NEB, at 5'9. and he was a grade 74 3* by ESPN coming out of HS. not exactly a stud recruit coming out of HS.

Originally posted by sabula:

Cougar, you are jumping to way too much of a conclusion here...
1) first of all the poster did not rag on his name... in fact he may have actually complimented the kid by saying he could ball because of it
2) and nobody mentioned or alluded to poor parenting in that post... except you by your accusation in yours
3) the racist card.. again? Come on. Put your ACLU card away and get some thicker skin.
Not sure how great his parenting has been given his name "T'Boy"

Did you somehow miss the above comment when posting your 3 point rebuttal, or are you just an idiot?

This post was edited on 1/30 11:03 PM by paladinhawk

How is it racist to factually state that any parent that names their kid "T-boy" is a moron?

I've never even heard of this kid until just now, and I have no idea what color he is. But his parents are clearly idiots.

Borderline implies blurred understanding of the meaning of the statement.

Sorry the kid's parents didn't name him Pete. Still don't think that's enough to call them morons.

Sorry the kid's parents didn't name him Pete. Still don't think that's enough to call them morons.
Which makes you a "borderline" dumbass.

its a lot better than giving a kid the 1st name "god", there was a BB recruit that Fran tried to recruit who had that for a 1st name,

as to this kid, let him go to ISU and you will rip KF to no end for not offering or not landing this kid.

Do you think Akrum, Tevaun, Jaleel, Jameer, Marcel, and Kevonte's parents were bad parents, too? Just by the sounds of their names?

It is borderline racist, it is definitely prejudice, and if you are too dumb to see that, maybe your parents should have raised you better, "Milburn".

link

Do you think Akrum, Tevaun, Jaleel, Jameer, Marcel, and Kevonte's parents were bad parents, too? Just by the sounds of their names?

It is borderline racist, it is definitely prejudice, and if you are too dumb to see that, maybe your parents should have raised you better, "Milburn".
Comparing those names (which I have never heard anything negative about) vs T'Boy.

Right....

So, is it also borderline racist to question the parenting of someone who names their kid "Moon Unit"? Or, are you suggesting that only a certain race might name a child "T'Boy" and it is you using a racial bias in this thread?

Originally posted by MarkRules:

So, is it also borderline racist to question the parenting of someone who names their kid "Moon Unit"? Or, are you suggesting that only a certain race might name a child "T'Boy" and it is you using a racial bias in this thread?
Again, I wasn't calling him a racist. I was stating that if he expanded on why he questioned T'Boy's parents simply for naming him T'Boy, it could lead down a racist path.

I think T'Boy is a weird name. I also think Jeb, Cleetus, and Skeeter are weird names. I don't question whether or not their parents are capable of being parents because of the names they give their kids. Saying, "Hm, that's weird," isn't prejudice. Saying, "That's weird, his parents must've sucked at their jobs," is.

To answer your question, it is borderline racist and definitely classist, yes.

"and nobody mentioned or alluded to poor parenting in that post... except you by your accusation in yours"

Paladinhawk, did you somehow miss the above comment in my post, where I was responding to Cougar's post and not whatever post you drug up and tried to tie my comment to... or are you just an idiot?

Originally posted by sabula:
"and nobody mentioned or alluded to poor parenting in that post... except you by your accusation in yours"

Paladinhawk, did you somehow miss the above comment in my post, where I was responding to Cougar's post and not whatever post you drug up and tried to tie my comment to... or are you just an idiot?
Go back to the very first post in this thread sabula:

Not sure how great his parenting has been given his name "T'Boy"

If you don't consider that 'an allusion to poor parenting', what exactly is it?

"Racist?" I mean, racist? Maybe stereotyping, but not racist. I remember reading about a set of white parents who chose to name their child Hashtag and I thought the same thing about those parents. One just wonders what the parents are like in other aspects of life, is all. Is it unfair? Of course. But it certainly isn't racist. Society has chosen all too often to mutate the definition of racist and racism to fit their own agenda. T'boy has the "gangsta" stereotype just like Cleetus and Billy Bob have a "redneck" stereotype, just like other names may give the impression that your parents named you while stoned in the 60's.

Not really, I don't see it as being racist, I see it as being trivial as well. I come on man,..T-Boy? That sounds like something Key and Peele would use on their show. Black people just love to give out ignorant names, just cause. Trust me, my cousins name is Tymangelo. Tymangelo............SMH

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Not really, I don't see it as being racist, I see it as being trivial as well. I come on man,..T-Boy? That sounds like something Key and Peele would use on their show. Black people just love to give out ignorant names, just cause. Trust me, my cousins name is Tymangelo. Tymangelo............SMH
sounds like an ice cream flavor. Ts and ps
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Wow this is very ignorant. All you fuccers are stupid speaking on something you don't know about. I go to school with him. His parents are African, his name is pronounced Tuh-boy. So don't try to say he is "ghetto" and uneducated because of his name, because he is very smart and a great person.

Coming out of the purple haze generation, parents were giving their kids a lot of weird names. Most seem to be flowery or drug related. For example I knew a kid named Speed and a one named Pedal. Usually it was a name that the parents thought would make a statement or make them look smarter than everyone else. Most of the time the kids grew up to be find with no big parenting problems.

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Yup. Just like the name La-A. It's a name actually given to a person by her parents. You pronounce that "Ladasha".

Originally posted by Hawksince73:
Does it make anyone feel better that he's originally from Providence, RI and hasn't lived in Iowa very long? You know...he's not some corn fed yokel, he's a real east coast football player.
Yep, just like the kid from North Fayette Valley - moved in from out of state and suddenly he is "meh".

I just saw in an alumni publication that some gave their baby the first name of "Salinger."

Also, I grew up with a kid named Blacker White. Well, I shouldn't say named as Blacker was a nickname used by everyone who knew him, including his parents.

Originally posted by Milburn Stone:

Which makes you a "borderline" dumbass.
Not "borderline" at all!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT