ADVERTISEMENT

TCU - Thanks

“Don’t believe everything you see in the media, know the facts behind a situation before you try to make a situation public,” TCU sophomore cornerback Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson wrote on Twitter. “No one was called the N word. You Twitter fingers need to be cancelled ASAP!”

At least not every kid is batshit crazy these days!

The team decided together a while back they were not going to use the N-word in any context.

Patterson called out this player for saying the word "n*gga" during a meeting. Then this player goes and complain that Patterson used that word when he was just disciplining this player for saying it. You have to be kidding me.

Multiple players are now coming to Patterson's defense. What a joke.

The first strike was "I was promised early playing time which I didn't get."

The twitter replies are on point right now

EeiAx5eUEAAd4td

The team decided together a while back they were not going to use the N-word in any context.

Patterson called out this player for saying the word "n*gga" during a meeting. Then this player goes and complain that Patterson used that word when he was just disciplining this player for saying it. You have to be kidding me.

Multiple players are now coming to Patterson's defense. What a joke.

The first strike was "I was promised early playing time which I didn't get."
playing time? was he at iowa or tcu? did the nfl scouts get told he was a trouble maker?

Glad he's being called out on his BS by fellow teammates.

Also glad he attached the "BLM" hashtag to his post, which closely associates the marxist, divisive organization with his delusional bullshit.
daniels invoked the blm stuff on his podcast with lomax

We have come to the point where a coach has to approach it this way?

“Please don’t use that word in a meeting”
“What word you talking about?”
“You know, the word we aren’t supposed to say”
“Which word dat?”
“You know”
“Mean ni**a”
“Yes, that word”

Followed by
“Coach let someone say ni**a right in front of him, he a racist, blm”

Reactions: dean_oliver222
In his original post, Jordan acknowledged not being happy with the trajectory of his football career at TCU after being ranked the No. 3 recruit in Kansas in the 247Sports composite.

“On the football side of things life has been really rocky since arriving at TCU…I was promised early playing time during recruitment which never happened…” Jordan wrote.

Shocking!!!!!

Then Patterson accused Jordan of using the slur in the team meeting room, according to Jordan. Some TCU players accused Jordan on Twitter of omitting the context of Patterson's use of the word.

"It ain't [about] calling me the n- word.... that never happened... it's [about] the fact that it's not acceptable to be said regardless context...," Jordan tweeted

How about BLM goes after dbags like this fool??? The more I read the more I can't stand this kid....

He used the N-word when saying "don't use the N-word". And I've learned by reading a little more to the story that it becomes offensive when using a "hard r" at the end.

Unreal times
I learned this years ago at an after hour party. Two black guys were tossing the work back and forth, when one of my friends said the same thing, there were like "whoa, you can't say that. Only we can say that." Then went on to explain the hard R. I said that was stupid and if it is offensive, stop using it period. They didn't care, but I think that really adds confusion to a delicate situation.

I learned this years ago at an after hour party. Two black guys were tossing the work back and forth, when one of my friends said the same thing, there were like "whoa, you can't say that. Only we can say that." Then went on to explain the hard R. I said that was stupid and if it is offensive, stop using it period. They didn't care, but I think that really adds confusion to a delicate situation.

OK, just to clarify, white guy cannot say n-word with or without hard R, cannot refer to it in any way except to say "the n-word" (for now anyway).

Person of color can say n-word as long as they do NOT use hard R. What about person of color saying it WITH hard R?

By the way, i'm very against the use of the n-word by anyone...can't stand it and it screams ignorance, but i want to make sure I'm clear on the rules so i know the proper response.

OK, just to clarify, white guy cannot say n-word with or without hard R, cannot refer to it in any way except to say "the n-word" (for now anyway).

Person of color can say n-word as long as they do NOT use hard R. What about person of color saying it WITH hard R?

By the way, i'm very against the use of the n-word by anyone...can't stand it and it screams ignorance, but i want to make sure I'm clear on the rules so i know the proper response.
Is person of color black only?

Ask a 100 people to get 100 different answers. I understand the risk, but am a little fuzzy on the reward.

This is correct for the most part.

Black person = can use -a version freely and -er version in its appropriate historical context, e.g. when discussing slavery, civil rights, etc.

Literally everyone else = never ever use either version. “N-word” only. This is awkward for me as a white man when I’m singing along to rap songs. Ya gotta know the lyrics well enough to know when to let your voice drop out.

Not that hard to follow. Anyone who can’t is either a rube or intentionally being a dumbass in an attempt to make some “point” about double-standards.

Reactions: WDSMHAWK
OK, but what about this one: white kid "singing" along with a song that is sung by a black person and contains the word-in-question. Is he now subject to having his life ruined? He didn't write the song, and one could argue that this kid is giving exposure to a black artist.

OK, but what about this one: white kid "singing" along with a song that is sung by a black person and contains the word-in-question. Is he now subject to having his life ruined? He didn't write the song, and one could argue that this kid is giving exposure to a black artist.

Based on how General Roman handles his rap renditions as a white man, i believe the correct answer would be to ruin that person's life.

Based on how General Roman handles his rap renditions as a white man, i believe the correct answer would be to ruin that person's life.

Ha, I don’t know about ruining the kid’s life, but he definitely shouldn’t sing that word. This part also isn’t that hard. If you’ve ever gone to a house party or an actual rap concert, you’ve learned how to do it.

Ha, I don’t know about ruining the kid’s life, but he definitely shouldn’t sing that word. This part also isn’t that hard. If you’ve ever gone to a house party or an actual rap concert, you’ve learned how to do it.

While my point is actually valid, I truly do understand the toxicity of the word. Where I have a problem is the "selective enforcement" of the rule. Do overweight, middle-aged, white guys start claiming words that only we can say? And have to say them a certain way? Same with other "demographics"--are we going to start dividing up the vocabulary?
I do believe that words have meaning, and using them has consequences--say what you mean and mean what you say. But when we're told which words we can and can't use, who gets to decide that?
Like the word "retarded". Can't use that one any more despite the fact that it's an actual "scientific" term used in a number of areas. Hell, in construction you can use "retarder" to slow concrete from curing. You can't use anything that is a "flame retarder" to make it safer. So because folks would use "retard" or other derivatives off-the-cuff, it got put on the no-go list? And who decided that? Society? Nobody in my area got a ballot.
Like I said, I do understand the point of some of "the words", but the scary part is who the arbiters of this is going to be, and where will it stop?

While my point is actually valid, I truly do understand the toxicity of the word. Where I have a problem is the "selective enforcement" of the rule. Do overweight, middle-aged, white guys start claiming words that only we can say? And have to say them a certain way? Same with other "demographics"--are we going to start dividing up the vocabulary?
I do believe that words have meaning, and using them has consequences--say what you mean and mean what you say. But when we're told which words we can and can't use, who gets to decide that?
Like the word "retarded". Can't use that one any more despite the fact that it's an actual "scientific" term used in a number of areas. Hell, in construction you can use "retarder" to slow concrete from curing. You can't use anything that is a "flame retarder" to make it safer. So because folks would use "retard" or other derivatives off-the-cuff, it got put on the no-go list? And who decided that? Society? Nobody in my area got a ballot.
Like I said, I do understand the point of some of "the words", but the scary part is who the arbiters of this is going to be, and where will it stop?
My question is how many straight blacks, that find the n word offensive, also have no issue with homosexual terms....I bet it's the majority.

You have to handle it like this, basically. 1:32 mark.

Either way you're white so you're racist. Admit your white privilege and inherent racism.

Trust me, I hear you. It’s a weird world we’re living in and I promise you I’m not some left-wing PC nutjob. But as you said, there are certain words that carry such toxicity, for valid historical reasons, that anyone with a lick of common sense and social graces can understand the weight they carry. And here in America the n-bomb pretty much tops that list.

But to show you it’s not all about race, within the past 10 years the word “f—“ to describe a homosexual man has very clearly shifted into the “too toxic” category, and rightfully so. I used to use it the same way I still use “douche” now, i.e. not as a slur against gay men, but toward any man I didn’t like or that did something I thought was ridiculous. Today I wouldn’t dream of using it, and it disgusts me to know I used it freely in the past.

That’s a great example of broader society coming together and agreeing to basically retire a word from common, acceptable use for the right reasons. And it happened very quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT