ADVERTISEMENT

New Story TE Addison Ostrenga commits to Iowa

Don’t get the comparison to guys Iowa got at signing day either. We are a ways away from that. He is a camp offer guy.
hopefully the Ankeny earns an offer too. Must be waiting for a few games this fall to evaluate a little more.

For those of you who think Iowa had to settle for less with this young TE because we missed on a couple others, remember this. Neither Kittle nor Hockenson were highly recruited. Kittle was rated as an 81 3*, and Hock was an 82.5 3*....Addison has a composite on 247 of 83 3*. If he has the raw ability and work ethic, Iowa will make him an NFL caliber TE.

While he may not be a "highly" rated recruit, I have a feeling that PP also had some say in addition to BF in offering this guy. It would not surprise me if when all is said and done Ostrenga ends on the D side if that's where we have a need in a couple years. The guy does a lot of things very well -- runs, tackles and yes catches the ball too. He might flourish as a TE but he seems to exhude equal potential as a LB -- could be an interception machine as a MLB in PP's scheme.

While he may not be a "highly" rated recruit, I have a feeling that PP also had some say in addition to BF in offering this guy. It would not surprise me if when all is said and done Ostrenga ends on the D side if that's where we have a need in a couple years. The guy does a lot of things very well -- runs, tackles and yes catches the ball too. He might flourish as a TE but he seems to exhude equal potential as a LB -- could be an interception machine as a MLB in PP's scheme.
This is where he reminded me of Clark. Started as a walk on linebacker but had too good of hands not to be catching passes. Loves contact like Clark did.

It might just be me, but I believe that MRD is going to regret choosing Auburn. The only reason I could see in him choosing Auburn over Iowa is playing time, and he would probably have to sit a year or so at Iowa. I think Oliver Martin not choosing Iowa coming out of HS hurt him as well, as we had a greater need for WR's when he came out then when he transferred to Iowa.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
It might just be me, but I believe that MRD is going to regret choosing Auburn. The only reason I could see in him choosing Auburn over Iowa is playing time, and he would probably have to sit a year or so at Iowa. I think Oliver Martin not choosing Iowa coming out of HS hurt him as well, as we had a greater need for WR's when he came out then when he transferred to Iowa.
I hope for his sake he doesn't, but looking through Harsin's time at Boise, he doesn't have a good track record of TE usage.

NIL played a role in Auburn too.

I’m sure he’ll turn out alright but always surprised with TE’s that we can’t compete with recruits who are getting big school offers.

Or they turn out like this year and drop a bunch of passes but go ahead. With as many TE’s that we’ve sent to the NFL, we should have our pick of the litter.
Odd that we still battle to get respectable TE prospects (considering those drafted), but, our offense is so incredibly stale and non-flashy.

It’d be a hard sell - which is clearly the case. We just can’t figure it out offensively..

Love ya Kirk but after 20+ years? GTFO. Hang it up.

Reactions: mlb1399
How many black and yellow dildos have you put in your ass? You probably used permanent marker to write “Kirk” on one and “Brian” on your backup.

I’m sure you often use both at the same time.
gmO9yUe.jpg

Or they turn out like this year and drop a bunch of passes but go ahead. With as many TE’s that we’ve sent to the NFL, we should have our pick of the litter.
We? LOL!

Have faith in Iowa's coaches. They know a HELL of a lot more than you do. I (and the NFL) trust them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT