ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***TE Luke Lachey commits to Iowa***

Apr 8, 2003
TE Luke Lachey commits to Iowa

gggyvbiugofrdeej1yyi

Tight end Luke Lachey committed to the Iowa Hawkeyes today.

Blair Sanderson • HawkeyeReport
@BlairRIVALS

Highly recruited tight end Luke Lachey is going to be a Hawkeye. The 6-foot-7, 220-pound Ohio native, who had narrowed his choices down to Iowa and Michigan State in recent weeks, announced his verbal commitment to the Hawkeye coaching staff today.

For Lachey, it was all about the fit and opportunity at Iowa as well as the relationships that he made on his official visit to campus in late June.

"I'd say the culture they have there is what really helped me make the decision," Lachey told HawkeyeReport.com. "I’d also say the bond that I made with the players and the other commits really pushed me there as well."

"I think I’ll fit in really well," said Lachey. "The opportunity is to play a lot and be able to get the ball a lot as well."

For Iowa, it has been offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz, who also coaches the tight ends, along with recruiting director Tyler Barnes, as the main contacts for the Hawkeyes.

"I have a great relationship with them," Lachey said. "They tell me the truth and that’s what I like a lot. They have told me how much work needs to go into it and that there will definitely be opportunities to get the ball."

A three-star prospect, Lachey chose Iowa over scholarship offers from Michigan State, Nebraska, LSU, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Kentucky, Minnesota, Louisville, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Akron, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan, Liberty, Ohio, Princeton, Toledo, Tulane, Yale, and Youngstown State.

Overall, Lachey is commitment No. 22 for the Hawkeyes in the Class of 2020.

See highlights from Lachey's junior year at Grandview Heights in the video below.

pumped! Nice commit! Please tell me we are still holding a spot for Theo. Can’t pass up on a 6’6 athlete who runs like a deer.

I would be very surprised to get Johnson.

At this point I think two TE for the year is probably good.

Lachey looks good, really strong hands. But he’s going to really have to work on his initial acceleration and speed to become an Iowa TE.

I’m excited to see the things we can do with the group of TEs we’re getting in 2020, and the two coming in this year.

Last edited:
Here's all of the commitments from June - July so far.

Class of 2020

Mason Richman committed 6/12 - Article
Yahya Black committed 6/14 - Article 1 - Article 2
Quavon Matthews committed 6/16 - Article
Keylen Gulley committed 6/18 - Article
AJ Lawson committed 6/22 - Article
Brenden Deasfernandes committed 6/23 - Article
Jay Higgins committed 6/23 - Article
Lukas Van Ness committed 6/23 - Article
Reginald Bracy committed 6/24 - Article
Aaron Witt - committed 6/24 - Article
Diante Vines committed 7/3 - Article
Luke Lachey committed 7/10 - Article 1 - Article 2

Class of 2021
Gennings Dunker committed 6/2 - Article 1 - Article 2
Connor Colby committed 6/21 - Article

Class of 2022
Aaron Graves committed 6/25 - Article 1 - Article 2

I would be very surprised to get Johnson.

At this point I think two TE for the year is probably good.

Lachey looks good, really strong hands. But he’s going to really have to work on his initial acceleration and speed to become an Iowa TE.

I’m excited to see the things we can do with the group of TEs we’re getting in 2018, 2019.

I would agree that we don’t take JOHNSON if it wasn’t for the amount of TEs we lose in the next year or two. Unless I’m mistaken even if we take Johnson we will only have 5/6 on scholarship

Johnson is still absolutely a take and we're still in the running. Rob Howe on HN mentioned a little while back that Iowa is looking at possibly 3 TEs this year, and Michigan may have dropped out of the race after he was wowed by his Iowa visit.

Plus, he's too good to pass up if we have a shot. Imagine Fant but more filled out coming out of HS.

I think lee is right where he should be. A bit slow for tight end but an absolute mauler at de. Next Matt Roth. We are fine at TE. DE depth in the near future is key. It’s Waggoner and lee after epoxy and gholston

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT