ADVERTISEMENT

Tea leaves say Teske to PSU

edquinn06

HR All-American
Sep 25, 2014
IA-IL-WI
Info from FRL. Teske has cancelled all visits. Well this isn't good for the 2018 class because i feel Hidlay ends up at NCST with his brother.

Last edited:
Info from FRL. Teske has cancelled all visits. Well this isn't good for the 2018 class because i feel Hidlay ends up at NCST with his brother.
Got to admit. That wasn't the way I wanted to start my morning :-(

Considering Brody (and his family) are supposedly huge Hawk fans, this may be even more of a slap to the face than if he went to ISU...

Considering Brody (and his family) are supposedly huge Hawk fans, this may be even more of a slap to the face than if he went to ISU...

Keep telling yourself that. Would have been a big win for Dresser and State. If true, this actually confuses the situation at PSU...somebody very good is going to sit. Imagine being RBY or Teasdale at 33, go your true freshman year and finish in the top 3 but then have to sit out the next year when you might have a chance to win it all.

Last edited:
I would like to keep Teske because he is an Iowa kid and has potential, but from what I have read, and correct me if I am wrong, he is a natural career 125 and while he has done great in-state he has struggled against the best competition outside the state.

If he wants to be in the line-up at 125, and this is a priority for him, he might have no other choice than to look elsewhere.

Keep telling yourself that. Would have been a big win for Dresser and State. If true, this actually confuses the situation at PSU...somebody very good is going to sit. Imagine being RBY or Teasdale at 33, go your true freshman year and finish in the top 3 but then have to sit out the next year when you might have a chance to win it all.
We should be able to flip one of those two guys.

I would like to keep Teske because he is an Iowa kid and has potential, but from what I have read, and correct me if I am wrong, he is a natural career 125 and while he has done great in-state he has struggled against the best competition outside the state.

If he wants to be in the line-up at 125, and this is a priority for him, he might have no other choice than to look elsewhere.

This. I would really liked to have Teske but then we are playing the growing game with him and Lee.

Umm, I think you took what I was saying wrong. I was saying that it probably hurts worse that he went to PSU than if he went to ISU..

Of course it would have been a huge win for Dresser and ISU.. He was one of their top targets and supposedly was offered almost a full ride..

Never once did I insinuate that ISU didn't want him of that it wasn't a huge miss for ISU..much bigger loss for ISU than Iowa (but that wasn't my point)

Reactions: lionlover
We should be able to flip one of those two guys.

Even when they do the swap, things get Murky:

125: RBY/Teasdale (Teske shirt) Most likely RBY but both will struggle to get down
133:RBY/Teasdale

2020:
125:Teske
133:RBY/Teasdale (One Shirt)

125: Teske
133:??

That's a perfect scenario for all involved. However, if whoever goes next year has immediate success, why wrestle the other guy?

125: RBY/Teasdale (Teske shirt) Most likely RBY but both will struggle to get down

2020:

That's a perfect scenario for all involved. However, if whoever goes next year has immediate success, why wrestle the other guy?
I meant we should be able to flip one of them to Iowa because of the log jam.

You can say whatever you want but there is no way that all three of these guys stay at PSU for their careers. I agree with above saying teske has been great against instate kids and struggled against people outside of Iowa. Would have added good depth to Iowa room but I don't think the sky is falling that he doesn't come to Iowa. I look at it like a great nod to Spencer Lee that he doesn't think he can beat him.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Umm, I think you took what I was saying wrong. I was saying that it probably hurts worse that he went to PSU than if he went to ISU..

Of course it would have been a huge win for Dresser and ISU.. He was one of their top targets and supposedly was offered almost a full ride..

Never once did I insinuate that ISU didn't want him of that it wasn't a huge miss for ISU..much bigger loss for ISU than Iowa (but that wasn't my point)

Umm not really. We have our 125. PSU is recruiting for a 125. So really, we are looking at whether their guy can compete with our guy in a dual or in team points. Teske to State would have given Dresser a key in state recruiting win over Iowa and some momentum.

Umm not really. We have our 125. PSU is recruiting for a 125. So really, we are looking at whether their guy can compete with our guy in a dual or in team points. Teske to State would have given Dresser a key in state recruiting win over Iowa and some momentum.
Ugh. I'm saying that as a Hawk fan (and his whole family too) it stings more that he is going to an actual rival as of right now (you know, the team that has won 6 of the last 7 national titles) than a team that brings back 0 tourney points from last year..

But if ISU is a bigger rival and threat to Iowa in your mind than PSU, okay, you're right..

Ugh. I'm saying that as a Hawk fan (and his whole family too) it stings more that he is going to an actual rival as of right now (you know, the team that has won 6 of the last 7 national titles) than a team that brings back 0 tourney points from last year..

But if ISU is a bigger rival and threat to Iowa in your mind than PSU, okay, you're right..

Would I have rather wanted Teske to go to Oklahoma (which was where he was looking for a long time)? Sure. But looking down the road, we need a true 133. I don't think Teske is that guy. Sure, it stings but it would have stung more if it were a need weight. Overall though, I get PSU. Great program, winning titles. Nifty team pictures and sing alongs. Choosing State over Iowa though? Unacceptable ;)

All of that said, I would have liked him to come because I think he could have been developed into a 33 eventually. Just don't think he wanted to go that route if all of this is true. PSU is getting a good one (again damnit).

Good for him if that's what he feels is best for him. I know many say he is a career 125 but if he outgrows it like many of the "career 125 guys" before him then things will get awkward.

Reactions: B1S3K3SC

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Reactions: B1S3K3SC

Chief. I agree with your statement, but this theory hasn't slowed other top kids from going to PSU over the past years when there were potential logjams.

BTW...my above scenario doesn't work. Neither RBY or Teasdale are college 125s. Both are 133.
and more than likely one goes 141. I think Nlee heads to 149 eventually and one of these guys goes 141 while he RS. I could also see one of these guys grey shirt at the OTC to help spread these guys out.

I think Teske to psu speaks a little to where PSU may feel it is with mchenry....I hope not cuz I really like him and no offense to teske but mchenry is tough.

Does the NY kid Busiello keep to his verbal???

I could see where cortez isnt a starter other than an injury to someone else.

PSU log jam is 149-174. someone(s) will leave. clearly not enough dodge balls to go around.

2020:

Anybody else think that seeing 2022 potential lineups in print looks crazy? 2022 is like flying cars and photon blasters. The first Blade Runner movie was set in 2019. Spencer Lee= replicant? It would explain a lot.

and more than likely one goes 141. I think Nlee heads to 149 eventually and one of these guys goes 141 while he RS. I could also see one of these guys grey shirt at the OTC to help spread these guys out.

I think Teske to psu speaks a little to where PSU may feel it is with mchenry....I hope not cuz I really like him and no offense to teske but mchenry is tough.

Does the NY kid Busiello keep to his verbal???

I could see where cortez isnt a starter other than an injury to someone else.

PSU log jam is 149-174. someone(s) will leave. clearly not enough dodge balls to go around.

Don't ever underestimate the power of the Dodgeball Dunk. You guys have great problems but I just don't think Teasdale and RBY are 125s or 141s. Maybe Teasdale but than I don't know if Nick Lee goes up. To be honest, I think RBY will win the spot and Teasdale will either sit or transfer. That's if everything works out as schedule. Maybe Teasdale goes to Pitt...I don't know. Still going to have the logjam in the mid weights but it will eventually shake itself out.

You coming this weekend? I am going to the game.

Just spit balling here, but Teske to PSU is a tactic to get TnT to up the offer. I am guessing ISU's offer is a full ride and I never saw him going there. No workout partners.

Only my opinion.

Don't ever underestimate the power of the Dodgeball Dunk. You guys have great problems but I just don't think Teasdale and RBY are 125s or 141s. Maybe Teasdale but than I don't know if Nick Lee goes up. To be honest, I think RBY will win the spot and Teasdale will either sit or transfer. That's if everything works out as schedule. Maybe Teasdale goes to Pitt...I don't know. Still going to have the logjam in the mid weights but it will eventually shake itself out.

no, my pops didnt get the report from his Drs we were hoping for. While I think he would say F it and go, my mom isnt having any of it and she currently rules the roost. So we are just having people over to the house.

Make sure you get some pics of the game up on twitter so I can enjoy from afar.

no, my pops didnt get the report from his Drs we were hoping for. While I think he would say F it and go, my mom isnt having any of it and she currently rules the roost. So we are just having people over to the house.

Make sure you get some pics of the game up on twitter so I can enjoy from afar.

Very sorry to hear that bro. Have to be there to support Mom and Pops and will do. Night game is going to be great...just hope its a good one. PSU has a great squad.

Reactions: hlstone

Wow, we are back to this Az? I know this doesn't fit your wishful narrative, however statistically speaking it would be highly unlikely that neither Teasdale or Bravo grow into a 141. Oh wait, but what about Nick Lee right, well he will not be at 141 for his entire career, in fact I doubt we see him at that weight for more then a year or two, maybe never. There may be a logjam at some point but it will be at the middle weights, NOT between 125-141.

Teske's accomplishments are about the same as Carter Happel's, yes? (Aside from bigger Iowa H.S. classification). It just seems odd to me that this board seems mostly lukewarm on Happel and much more fascinated with Teske. Is that because he'll probably be a career 125 (harder to find)?

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
Wow, we are back to this Az? I know this doesn't fit your wishful narrative, however statistically speaking it would be highly unlikely that neither Teasdale or Bravo grow into a 141. Oh wait, but what about Nick Lee right, well he will not be at 141 for his entire career, in fact I doubt we see him at that weight for more then a year or two, maybe never. There may be a logjam at some point but it will be at the middle weights, NOT between 125-141.

Yes. I think RBY is going to be better. Don't get me wrong, I like Teasdale too but Teasdale has had world class training and opponents in PA. RBY has not. Right now, I think RBY beats Teasdale. So...why redshirt the better guy unless he needs it for injury or something else? Plus, I don't think Lee moves up to 149 after Zain leaves. Either way, you are going to have a nice lineup and they seem committed to coming...why you bitching? I think you are the guy that used to dog us out for having Lee, Teasdale, Renteria etc and fans trying to fit the puzzle together. Now, turnabout is fair play.

2020:

Well the new rule is just transfer without penalty , so no real risk for anyone, nice of the Big 10 to accommodate these kids

Well the new rule is just transfer without penalty , so no real risk for anyone, nice of the Big 10 to accommodate these kids

This too. The better guy in the room wins and the other guy hits the bricks. Not like a transfer out has ever come back to haunt PSU

Reactions: JohnBasedow
Chief. I agree with your statement, but this theory hasn't slowed other top kids from going to PSU over the past years when there were potential logjams.

They haven't had this kind of talent...or I should say depth.

They haven't had this kind of talent...or I should say depth.

To your depth point, I would be amazed if they all end up there, not to mention the money aspect(which we DO NOT need to go into here). I would love to see TNT turn one of these young men with this whole point in mind.

Maybe if you are this kind of a wrestler, with off the charts confidence, you just believe in yourself enough that no matter who is in front of you, you will be the guy, the varsity starter. This level of kid has never experienced anything else, right? OR, if they realize they arent up to the task after two years, and see the writing on the wall, then they just transfer out?

Last edited:
Just spit balling here, but Teske to PSU is a tactic to get TnT to up the offer. I am guessing ISU's offer is a full ride and I never saw him going there. No workout partners.

Only my opinion.

I have thought this too. It's a common tactic. Cody is a little sneak, Carl's like Wally Cleaver.

ADVERTISEMENT