ADVERTISEMENT

Teachers' salaries ranked by state... Actual salary and Cost of Living Adjusted

Pay for performance offers a positive incentive for those teachers doing a good job. It offers a combination of positive reinforcement and negative instead of just the negative. End result should be a better situation for the students.
Hey...how about this...performance pay for STUDENTS!!! It offers a combination of positive reinforcement and negative instead of just the negative (sic). End result should be a better situation for the students.

Right?

Um....this is exactly what exists, at least in Illinois. Teachers are evaluated and if they are marked as unsatisfactory or needs improvement they are put on a remediation plan with specific goals to show improvement. If that doesn't happen the teacher is let go. The key is the tool used to evaluate. In Illinois, that is a version of the Danielson model which is...ok. Although, individual districts can modify it as needed. There is no tenure anymore either. Teacher rating is the first item looked at for cutting teachers in a rift situation.
Just out of curiosity, how many times do they observe you over the course of a year?

Pay for performance offers a positive incentive for those teachers doing a good job. It offers a combination of positive reinforcement and negative instead of just the negative. End result should be a better situation for the students.
who's performance? again, if you are tying my performance to what a kid scores on a standardized test, no.
If you have a system for evaluating my classroom, sure, everyday/any day.
Besides, pay for performance in the public sector would be a sham. What are they going to give $1000 bonuses. Several of my friends have bonuses that dwarf a beginning teachers salary just for selling a few chemicals or products and they spend more time on a golf course and vacations than I will in 2 years (and i'm a golf coach).

Before you start bitching, I get it and I'm fine with it, I am not jealous either, just don't go painting a picture of something you aren't willing to pay for. If my principal started handing out performance based bonuses the people in my community would throw a shlt fit.

There are a vast majority of teachers that work their butts off and care for kids, using their own time and money. If you compensated them for that it would be a whole lot of extra $$$$$. If I've learned anything from this board since i've been coming here, people are not willing to pay for what they want. They want all the benefits but not have to pay the tax, unless it's something they value.

who's performance? again, if you are tying my performance to what a kid scores on a standardized test, no.
If you have a system for evaluating my classroom, sure, everyday/any day.
Besides, pay for performance in the public sector would be a sham. What are they going to give $1000 bonuses. Several of my friends have bonuses that dwarf a beginning teachers salary just for selling a few chemicals or products and they spend more time on a golf course and vacations than I will in 2 years (and i'm a golf coach).

Before you start bitching, I get it and I'm fine with it, I am not jealous either, just don't go painting a picture of something you aren't willing to pay for. If my principal started handing out performance based bonuses the people in my community would throw a shlt fit.

There are a vast majority of teachers that work their butts off and care for kids, using their own time and money. If you compensated them for that it would be a whole lot of extra $$$$$. If I've learned anything from this board since i've been coming here, people are not willing to pay for what they want. They want all the benefits but not have to pay the tax, unless it's something they value.

Once again (and hopefully it will be the last time I have to say it) the metrics used for performance pay would not include judging the teacher based on how their students performed on standardized test. If a district uses standardized test to evaluate a teacher's base pay I cant' do anything about that and to be honest....I don't think that is a very good way to evaluate a teacher especially if that is the sole metric the system is using.

Just out of curiosity, how many times do they observe you over the course of a year?

In an evaluation year I will generally have 4-6 informal evaluations and a formal evaluation. In a non-evaluation year I will have maybe 1 or 2 informal evaluations. We also get the opportunity to show things the administrators may have missed on our evaluation. You just have to do a good job at maintaining your records.

Once again (and hopefully it will be the last time I have to say it) the metrics used for performance pay would not include judging the teacher based on how their students performed on standardized test. If a district uses standardized test to evaluate a teacher's base pay I cant' do anything about that and to be honest....I don't think that is a very good way to evaluate a teacher especially if that is the sole metric the system is using.
please address: what you would be willing to give for bonuses, on top of a base, for teachers that are considered proficient? give me a number.
I'm fine with give an adequate teacher their base but what are you willing to have the taxpayer cough up for bonuses.

L O fuqing L.

If you’re making over 50,000 as a year in Iowa, you’re not rich by any means but you certainly ain’t poor. Teachers like to bitch about “not getting paid enough” but I’d bet there are thousands to would take that salary in a heartbeat.

Teachers are the most whinny group of ppl in America. If you don’t think you get paid enough, find a new job.

Yep

All of the teachers I know complain about EVERYTHING all the time.

Actually, no you don't. I've never once said you can't effectively evaluate teachers just as you can anyone else. As far as I know, nobody has said that. You can copy and paste those who have if you wish.
Everywhere I know of teachers are evaluated based on the performance of their students on high-stakes tests. Here in NC, teachers are judged on a color scale from red to blue with blue denoting teachers whose students exceeded their projected growth on...what?...high stakes testing. Feel free to present models OTHER state school systems are using where teachers are monitored by other metrics. Better yet, with your extensive "formal training and professional experience" why don't you design a program that adequately and fairly monitors and scores teachers on all the things they're responsible for.

BTW, you have to pay for it. With no extra money. So what do you plan on cutting to implement it? That must be part of your plan. Let's see it. From a professional.

Another BTW...NC once had a performance based compensation system. How about them apples? When NC led the nation in implementing high-stakes testing they paired it with a bonus system. It was based on test scores so it sucked but it existed. Schools adjusted and started doing very well on the tests. They kept making the tests "harder" and NC teachers kept rising to the "challenge". The bonus system was scrapped. You know why? It cost the state too much money.The tests stayed, of course. Testing companies made too much money off of them to allow them to be tossed. Pearson makes nearly $5B/year off it's US high-stakes tests and other school related activities. Funny what expensive lobbying and large campaign contributions can get you, huh?

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Funding? That isn't a problem. The performance pay would be funded from future pay increases. What it would amount to is a shifting of future pay increases (until the 8%-10% performance pay pool is achieved) from being a guaranteed raise to being one dependant upon the teachers performance. Once the desired level of performance pay is "shifted" the teachers would go back to receiving their regular pay raises AND performance pay.

Had a business do this. They wanted to create an 10% performance pay but didn't want to attempt immediately funding it. They retained 2% per year from the annual pay raise pool for their total wages for 5 years. Of course that meant that the first year the performance pay was based on a comp pool of 2% (which you would have gotten with a 100 score).

Here is an example. An employee currently makes $50K. This year they are scheduled to get a 2% raise which would have put them at $51K instead $1,000 goes into the bonus pool. This employee was a good employee and scored a 125. Their bonus would be $1,250 and total pay would be $51,250. Under those same guidelines an employee with a 75 would be $50,750. Not a big difference but that is because it is only 2% the first year.

Let jump to year 5 in a program that funded 2% yr for 5 year and a 10% performance pay goal.
The employee still has a base of $50K (but next year would again begin receiving raises). The guy who gets a 125 score would get a performance bonus of $6,250 for total compensation of $56,250. The guy with a 75 gets $3,750 or total comp of $53,750.

Would it be good to get the performance pool bigger more quickly? Absolutely but whether a school or private business it isn't likely for anyone to be able to increase their payroll by 8-10%.

Almost forgot 1 thing. For the employee on on probation for poor performance or other issues. They get zero performance pay but the performance pool still gets their contribution for the other employees to receive....it does not go back to the business or school district.

Funding? That isn't a problem. The performance pay would be funded from future pay increases.
What if there are no "future pay increases"? Our pay was frozen for six years. We went from 24th in the country in teacher pay to 47th. What if they say, "Here's how you earn performance pay". You perform according to their metrics and, after a few years, they come back and say, "We're ending the performance pay but we're still judging you based on the established metrics"? What if they did establish a performance pay program that could be judged reasonably fair (they haven't here) but then gutted the supplies budget so you had to spend more of your own money to pay for things you need to do your job (they did that here)?

Funding isn't a problem? As I said, you have no idea what you're talking about. Here's an important question...what precisely do you do for a living and do you perform that job to the best of your ability?

How do teachers feel about those AEA organizations. That is a lot of tax money that doesn’t exactly see the classroom directly.

Funding? That isn't a problem. The performance pay would be funded from future pay increases. What it would amount to is a shifting of future pay increases (until the 8%-10% performance pay pool is achieved) from being a guaranteed raise to being one dependant upon the teachers performance. Once the desired level of performance pay is "shifted" the teachers would go back to receiving their regular pay raises AND performance pay.

Had a business do this. They wanted to create an 10% performance pay but didn't want to attempt immediately funding it. They retained 2% per year from the annual pay raise pool for their total wages for 5 years. Of course that meant that the first year the performance pay was based on a comp pool of 2% (which you would have gotten with a 100 score).

Here is an example. An employee currently makes $50K. This year they are scheduled to get a 2% raise which would have put them at $51K instead $1,000 goes into the bonus pool. This employee was a good employee and scored a 125. Their bonus would be $1,250 and total pay would be $51,250. Under those same guidelines an employee with a 75 would be $50,750. Not a big difference but that is because it is only 2% the first year.

Let jump to year 5 in a program that funded 2% yr for 5 year and a 10% performance pay goal.
The employee still has a base of $50K (but next year would again begin receiving raises). The guy who gets a 125 score would get a performance bonus of $6,250 for total compensation of $56,250. The guy with a 75 gets $3,750 or total comp of $53,750.

Would it be good to get the performance pool bigger more quickly? Absolutely but whether a school or private business it isn't likely for anyone to be able to increase their payroll by 8-10%.

Almost forgot 1 thing. For the employee on on probation for poor performance or other issues. They get zero performance pay but the performance pool still gets their contribution for the other employees to receive....it does not go back to the business or school district.
this assumes a bell curve approach to bonuses and pay. You assume that there will be an equal number of poor and great teachers. This is not the case.
This is just like what all these companies did with the big tax break trump gave. $1000 bonus is easy. Giving a pay raise is hard. When you multiply a pay raise over 40 hours for a year, a $1000 bonus given to a 10 year employee means very little.
It's only revenue neutral is you take from one to give to another. I'm not sure I know of any professional that gets robbed to pay another. We are talking about people with 4 year degrees that by and large do their job well. You will always have more teachers considered proficient than not. It's a profession filled with women, who generally follow the rules better than men.
There is not a pool of candidates out there to take on the number of hires this plan would require.

What if there are no "future pay increases"? Our pay was frozen for six years. We went from 24th in the country in teacher pay to 47th. What if they say, "Here's how you earn performance pay". You perform according to their metrics and, after a few years, they come back and say, "We're ending the performance pay but we're still judging you based on the established metrics"? What if they did establish a performance pay program that could be judged reasonably fair (they haven't here) but then gutted the supplies budget so you had to spend more of your own money to pay for things you need to do your job (they did that here)?

Funding isn't a problem? As I said, you have no idea what you're talking about. Here's an important question...what precisely do you do for a living and do you perform that job to the best of your ability?

You can "What if" anything to death or you can try to be part of the answer to try and find a better solution. I hope you are a rare exception to educators and their willingness to try and seek better solutions to problems.

this assumes a bell curve approach to bonuses and pay. You assume that there will be an equal number of poor and great teachers. This is not the case.
This is just like what all these companies did with the big tax break trump gave. $1000 bonus is easy. Giving a pay raise is hard. When you multiply a pay raise over 40 hours for a year, a $1000 bonus given to a 10 year employee means very little.
It's only revenue neutral is you take from one to give to another. I'm not sure I know of any professional that gets robbed to pay another. We are talking about people with 4 year degrees that by and large do their job well. You will always have more teachers considered proficient than not. It's a profession filled with women, who generally follow the rules better than men.
There is not a pool of candidates out there to take on the number of hires this plan would require.

This happens everyday in in the "other" working world. There are going to be people who come out about the same (who deserve it), people who come out ahead (who deserve it) and people who come out behind (who also deserve it). Everyone gets what they deserve and there is less of an entitlement attitude. There is no reason this cannot also happen in teaching.

I've said it before but this thread is very long. Talented individuals aren't afraid of performance pay. Typically when interviewing people I will talk about performance programs and see how the prospective employee reacts. A lukewarm or none response has more than once made a difference in which candidate we hire.

How much money over there base are you willing to give a proficient teacher? 1k, 5k, 10k? What amount signifies that you did a good job in one of the most important fields to our nations health, economy, and security. Because when it comes down to it, no one will be willing to pay the bonus that the guy selling fertilizer, carpets, or cars get.

What you described was what amounts to a $250 bonus every year for the first five years and after five years you aren't even keeping pace with inflation for the people getting the bonus.

This happens everyday in in the "other" working world. There are going to be people who come out about the same (who deserve it), people who come out ahead (who deserve it) and people who come out behind (who also deserve it). Everyone gets what they deserve and there is less of an entitlement attitude. There is no reason this cannot also happen in teaching.

I've said it before but this thread is very long. Talented individuals aren't afraid of performance pay. Typically when interviewing people I will talk about performance programs and see how the prospective employee reacts. A lukewarm or none response has more than once made a difference in which candidate we hire.
the pay you are describing might work in certain sales industries where education need is limited. Where you can fire or lose employees without much concern for finding new ones. In professional sales, where an education is needed, bonuses are higher as are base salaries.
You don't have a glut of people waiting for education jobs if we run 1/2 or 1/3 off every year. Like I said, Most teacher will meet any criteria given to them for job performance, when you take out dumb metric like standardized test scores.

You can "What if" anything to death or you can try to be part of the answer to try and find a better solution. I hope you are a rare exception to educators and their willingness to try and seek better solutions to problems.
LOL...I already know how it should be done. I’m still waiting for your vast experience in this area to kick in. What’s YOUR plan?

BTW, that wasn’t “what if”...that’s what has happened here. You can’t just ignore it like it’s a hypothetical.

Last edited:
u
I’ll ask again...what precisely do you do and do you do your job to the best of your ability every day?

You wondered why when you said performance pay everyone automatically assumed you were thinking that teachers should be paid based on how students performed on a test. I explained why. So, you probably should have been more specific then if you weren't using the widely accepted definition of the term.
Here's what I said:

No system is perfect, but providing the incentive to increase pay based on performance is a good concept in general, imo. I'm not a fan of the method that links pay to kids' scores on standardized tests. I'd prefer to see the teacher's actual performance evaluated.

If that's not clear enough for you, I don't know what could be written. You seem to be arguing with voices inside your head.

Last edited:
You knew your profession pay before you signed up. I have zero empathy for anyone complaining about their salary or wages. I have family members who are doctors who complain that their over worked and they do not get to see their children/family enough. They make 500,000+ a year but their bitching about their work schedule. I have sibling who is a lawyer and she complains about her long nights and tough work. I tell her every time she starts complaining to call someone who cares. You make over 200k and your complaining. I have told her to quit and find another profession if your not happy. I have a cousin who works for the parks department who makes barely 30K a year but he is one happy SOB. He could care less how he lives, he is loving life and doesn't complain one bit. Every time you ask him about work he smiles and tells you exactly how it is.

People who complain about pay and benefits need to quit and find a new profession.

I'm in education and I don't get paid well but I could care less. I knew teaching wasn't a get rich profession.

Reactions: ghost80
The echo chamber of those in education is really amazing to see in this thread.

I have been a teacher. It has been amusing to watch you all make the usual arguments and deflections all the while wrapping yourselves in sanctimonious faux professionalism.

Need a degree in education to have a reasonable opinion on teaching and educators? Give me a break. Seriously. You are not surgeons .

I believe in merit pay for the simple reason that it allows rewards to flow to the people doing the best. If you as a profession can assign an evaluation to students with very real consequences to those students as a result you too can be evaluated. And yes the public has a right to have an opinion and oversight.

Remember this simple fact. Every major shift in education has been resisted by educators all too ready to proclaim their expertise and superiority as the front line all the while excluding black kids or poor kids or those with disabilities. Don't think so? Go read about the diagnosis of special needs students and proponderance of minority student with the label. Pretty damning and yes it is almost certainly happening in your school while you point the finger at everyone but yourselves. Now cross reference the rates of diagnosis within states that have a bounty system for special education. Funny how across the board those rates of diagnosis go up as a school district makes more money.

The truth is we have great teachers but like any other profession most are average. They should be respected as any professional but the idea that educators are above reproach is ridiculous. When you while about teaching to the test because that is how your school or you get evaluated you leave out a pretty big thing. Why it happened. It happened because you as a profession absolutely refused to police your own and simply dismissed entire parts of the population. The very people in fact that public education is meant to serve the most. The poor and disenfranchised. The kids that don't have parents that care. The ones even on this thread many of you whine about.

Jesus get over yourselves.
Waiting for the solution. You have one? We all know the problem. Black males are failing all over this nation. But you like so many, are telling teachers and people in education it's our job to fix the complete lack of parenting in so many of our communities. I have not read one teacher on her in the years and years of thread after thread slamming what we do by people like you say we are above reproach. That's just horseshit. What I want to hear is a solution to the problems so many of our schools face. There is some good thought splattered around this post but surrounded by more of the same old same old.

When you taught...what did you do to help solve the ills of education, you know, since it's up to us to police our own? Teachers don't think they are better than anybody else. But if there were weekly threads about doctors, lawyers, electricians, firemen, I bet they would get a little or a lot defensive.

Surgeons? You know what they say about surgeons? They are nothing more than mechanics. Somebody else diagnoses the problem and they go in and fix it. Mechanics for the human body.

.The tests stayed, of course. Testing companies made too much money off of them to allow them to be tossed. Pearson makes nearly $5B/year off it's US high-stakes tests and other school related activities. Funny what expensive lobbying and large campaign contributions can get you, huh?

You really don't know what you're talking about.
rPNCqww.jpg

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
The echo chamber of those in education is really amazing to see in this thread.

I have been a teacher. It has been amusing to watch you all make the usual arguments and deflections all the while wrapping yourselves in sanctimonious faux professionalism.

Need a degree in education to have a reasonable opinion on teaching and educators? Give me a break. Seriously. You are not surgeons .

I believe in merit pay for the simple reason that it allows rewards to flow to the people doing the best. If you as a profession can assign an evaluation to students with very real consequences to those students as a result you too can be evaluated. And yes the public has a right to have an opinion and oversight.

Remember this simple fact. Every major shift in education has been resisted by educators all too ready to proclaim their expertise and superiority as the front line all the while excluding black kids or poor kids or those with disabilities. Don't think so? Go read about the diagnosis of special needs students and proponderance of minority student with the label. Pretty damning and yes it is almost certainly happening in your school while you point the finger at everyone but yourselves. Now cross reference the rates of diagnosis within states that have a bounty system for special education. Funny how across the board those rates of diagnosis go up as a school district makes more money.

The truth is we have great teachers but like any other profession most are average. They should be respected as any professional but the idea that educators are above reproach is ridiculous. When you while about teaching to the test because that is how your school or you get evaluated you leave out a pretty big thing. Why it happened. It happened because you as a profession absolutely refused to police your own and simply dismissed entire parts of the population. The very people in fact that public education is meant to serve the most. The poor and disenfranchised. The kids that don't have parents that care. The ones even on this thread many of you whine about.

Jesus get over yourselves.

What's astounding are the mouth breathers like you who keep bringing up merit pay but have yet to supply a system that will work. You don't want it wrapped around student achievement because that's obviously not possible. So you then move onto talking about how teachers should be evaluated, which is exactly what's going on right now. Bottom line is you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
Here's what I said:

No system is perfect, but providing the incentive to increase pay based on performance is a good concept in general, imo. I'm not a fan of the method that links pay to kids' scores on standardized tests. I'd prefer to see the teacher's actual performance evaluated.

If that's not clear enough for you, I don't know what could be written. You seem to be arguing with voices inside your head.

And before this post? Because that's what I was responding to in any post where I equated people saying "performance pay" to student testing. And if you weren't in on that part of the debate then I wasn't talking to you.

In an evaluation year I will generally have 4-6 informal evaluations and a formal evaluation. In a non-evaluation year I will have maybe 1 or 2 informal evaluations. We also get the opportunity to show things the administrators may have missed on our evaluation. You just have to do a good job at maintaining your records.

At my school we have an informal one every week and a formal every 3 years per state law.

At my school we have an informal one every week and a formal every 3 years per state law.
Wow. I’m lucky if I see an admin in my classroom once a month. We get two or three formal evals a year depending on where we are in the renewal cycle.

My very first year I had an AP who was constantly in my room. He would walk in for ten or fifteen minutes and walk around talking to the kids. I’d put him at a table with a group sometimes and make him work through whatever they were doing. He also did my three formal evals. When he told me what he thought about my classroom, I listened because I knew that he KNEW what I was doing.

He left at the end of the year and I haven’t had an admin like that in the 25 years since. I had one guy who would do my evals and never once set foot in my room. He said he “knew” I was doing a good job. Guess I would have gotten a performance bonus from him, huh?

u

I’ll ask again...what precisely do you do and do you do your job to the best of your ability every day?

I've already told you what I do for a living.

Guessing I do it quite well. My compensation (including performance pay) is in the top 25 of my
profession but guess what? I don't really care because I love what I do and am paid quite well for doing it.

I have had a position where I was underpaid. Instead of bitchin about it I went and got a different job instead.

We get a formal every other year for "tenured" teachers (although tenure really doesn't mean much anymore). For non-tenured teachers it is every year.

Wow. I’m lucky if I see an admin in my classroom once a month. We get two or three formal evals a year depending on where we are in the renewal cycle.

My very first year I had an AP who was constantly in my room. He would walk in for ten or fifteen minutes and walk around talking to the kids. I’d put him at a table with a group sometimes and make him work through whatever they were doing. He also did my three formal evals. When he told me what he thought about my classroom, I listened because I knew that he KNEW what I was doing.

He left at the end of the year and I haven’t had an admin like that in the 25 years since. I had one guy who would do my evals and never once set foot in my room. He said he “knew” I was doing a good job. Guess I would have gotten a performance bonus from him, huh?

Yup. You show me a bad teacher "milking the government teat" just collecting a paycheck and I'll show you an administration not doing their job.

Ya, it's not a big deal to me because we're always busy. The Principal before this one never came in, never did a formal eval either. He actually forgot to change the name of one of our teachers formal which was exactly like the others. He got let go after about 7 years. It was actually awful working for him because he had no clue what you were teaching and he'd always side with the kids or parents so he didn't look like a fool.

I've already told you what I do for a living.

Guessing I do it quite well. My compensation (including performance pay) is in the top 25 of my
profession but guess what? I don't really care because I love what I do and am paid quite well for doing it.

I have had a position where I was underpaid. Instead of bitchin about it I went and got a different job instead.
You didn’t respond to either part of my question. Curious.

Humor me...what do you do precisely and do you do it to the best of your ability every day. Simple questions. No reason to avoid them.

Last edited:
Haven't been evasive. Don't feel a need to "humor" you because if you find "humor' reading my bio you are a sick twist.

My resume would show I have 2 distinctly different careers. One of which spans over 14 years and has involved HR functions including recruitment and compensation.

I currently live in DM but have ties in many places and poop at 6:30AM and then again about 7:15pm (you wanted specifics).

Your turn. Where do you teach, what do you teach, and how long? (I'll pass on your poop schedule but if you want to humor me you can post your favorite poop gif).

You didn’t respond to either part of my question. Curious.

Humor me...what do you do precisely and do you do it to the best of your ability every day. Simple questions. No reason to avoid them.

Haven't been evasive. Don't feel a need to "humor" you because if you find "humor' reading my bio you are a sick twist.

My resume would show I have 2 distinctly different careers. One of which spans over 14 years and has involved HR functions including recruitment and compensation.

I currently live in DM but have ties in many places and poop at 6:30AM and then again about 7:15pm (you wanted specifics).

Your turn. Where do you teach, what do you teach, and how long? (I'll pass on your poop schedule but if you want to humor me you can post your favorite poop gif).

Sorry, forgot. I do my jobs thoroughly and to the best of my ability everyday. That includes wiping until the paper is clean.

Sorry, forgot. I do my jobs thoroughly and to the best of my ability everyday. That includes wiping until the paper is clean.
So you're an HR functionary (figures) and you do your best every single day. Just out of curiosity...can you do a better job than you're doing right now?

Reactions: bojihawk44
So you're an HR functionary (figures) and you do your best every single day. Just out of curiosity...can you do a better job than you're doing right now?

Already answered that but I can go into that further AFTER you answer my questions.

BTW, I do have one more question. Do you even like to teach or is teaching just a way to pay the bills while you really do what you enjoy...coaching.

Just asking because that is the way you come across on HROT.

Already answered that but I can go into that further AFTER you answer my questions.

BTW, I do have one more question. Do you even like to teach or is teaching just a way to pay the bills while you really do what you enjoy...coaching.

Just asking because that is the way you come across on HROT.
Soooo...you think you’re doing the best you possibly can. I would assume you believe that’s true about most people in your profession although you could be suffering from the delusion that you know more about everything than most folks. That is the way you come across on HROT. But let’s go with the former...if it’s true...how would “performance pay” incentivize you to do a better job when you’re already doing the best you can do?

BTW, when used as a verb, “humor” has nothing to do with being funny. It is kinda funny you didn’t know that, however.

Last edited:

We finally found him. Congrats man, you're the one person on the planet who is on the top of their game and does their absolute best every single day. Kudos to you.

We finally found him. Congrats man, you're the one person on the planet who is on the top of their game and does their absolute best every single day. Kudos to you.
But he requires performance pay apparently to do his best work. I wonder who pays him to wipe his ass?

Reactions: bojihawk44
Soooo...you think you’re doing the best you possibly can. I would assume you believe that’s true about most people in your profession although you could be suffering from the delusion that you know more about everything than most folks. That is the way you come across on HROT. But let’s go with the former...if it’s true...how would “performance pay” incentivize you to do a better job when you’re already doing the best you can do?
he won't answer this question.
And if he is really in HR, he knows how passionate people can be when they have issues at work. This is dwarfed by the passion that people have when it comes to their children. So the HR issues that come up at school can be far far more dramatic than any work setting. Why do teachers worry about collective bargaining issues: it's because of this very thing.

ADVERTISEMENT