ADVERTISEMENT

Team

butchinmi

HR MVP
Mar 20, 2015
I just re-watched the meet and the thing that most impressed me was the "team." What I mean by that is the guys on the bench, including the starters, and how engaged they were throughout.

The non-starters and their involvement was flat out awesome. Costello, Glynn, Moody, Happel, Nelson, Cash and I'm sure I left someone out. Others have said it but they just look like a very close "band of brothers" type team.

That stuff always leaves a lasting impression on me. It's always great to be "the guy." But when you are not and can put your goals and dreams aside and have pure enjoyment for a teammate who is reaching their dreams, that's a great teammate and why the "room guy" is so important to a program!

I just re-watched the meet and the thing that most impressed me was the "team." What I mean by that is the guys on the bench, including the starters, and how engaged they were throughout.

The non-starters and their involvement was flat out awesome. Costello, Glynn, Moody, Happel, Nelson, Cash and I'm sure I left someone out. Others have said it but they just look like a very close "band of brothers" type team.

That stuff always leaves a lasting impression on me. It's always great to be "the guy." But when you are not and can put your goals and dreams aside and have pure enjoyment for a teammate who is reaching their dreams, that's a great teammate and why the "room guy" is so important to a program!

I can’t say that I have ever seen an Iowa team cheering each other on like these guys do!!! It’s great to see

It is a lot of f*n to watch and I am sure it is f*n for those wrestlers too. I will say this is one of the bigger changes that occurred I think around the time Bull/Kemdawg/SpencerLee came in. I remember the Gilman/Brooks teams and prior stated many times if everyone focuses and takes care of their weight the pieces will fall into place. Only worry about what you can control. While this is certainly true, I think this team has a different outlook and I think there is a lot of accountability to each other as teammates. It also helps when majority of your team is ranked top 5 and the rest round out the top 10.

I re-watched most of the matches. Some folks said Kemdawg was gassed at the end. I didn't see it. Looked strong, still pretty quick in the third. I think he's over whatever he had.

Judge for yourself

I agree.He took some deep breaths, but he did not look gassed like at Indiana.

Also..... his season ending injury miraculously healed overnite..........WOW
images

Let’s not forget who Kem was wrestling. The kid he wrestle is a bad ass. I thought he did great against him.
Tom said afterwards that Kem’s opponent is tough, but alluded that Kem took him out of his strength (i.e. difficult to score on) by putting him in the hole with the stall call and getting that first TD.

Reactions: BootsTiggley
I could you not love having Spencer Lee, Max Murin, and Jeremiah Moody as teammates.

Reactions: butchinmi

Noticed that, too, when watching the replay last night. The only person on the bench who didn't seem to be into it was the girl buried in her phone while Cass was abusing his guy.

Iowa just pounded the snot out of a
solid Purdue team. There was no give. A lot for you guys to be excited about right now.

And enough cannot be said about Paul Glynn. To be completely engaged and supportive shows all the class and character that anyone can have at this stage in a career.

He could easily be starting on 99% of any team in the country. The hawks are very lucky to have him, and his quality in the room!

I re-watched most of the matches. Some folks said Kemdawg was gassed at the end. I didn't see it. Looked strong, still pretty quick in the third. I think he's over whatever he had.

Judge for yourself
I agree - he took shots throughout. Kept shooting. Scoring even late. Just because he was breathing hard doesn’t mean he was gassed. Also he took Lydy to deep water and drowned him.

Reactions: HipPawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT