ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale in the Portal

PD3 was ineligible. If he were eligible he would have wrestled first semester.

Coming into the year 41 was a huge question mark. Muring was not a sure fire AA by any means.
Murin was definitely a question mark. But a 125 lb Teasdale with little to no college experience was the "magic" the Hawks needed at 141? Dohkay!

Teasdale was a low risk / high reward prospect, that's about it. I would venture to say he received about the same amount of scholarship money as I did last year. He was on a "prove it" deal in more ways than one, IMO. Sink or swim, up to him.

Definitely. Which is why it is so hilarious all the people who thought that the Brands would be able to help him.
This take is certainly out of context. I believed TNT would be able to help him. Based on good information I had about Teasdale's experience at PSU, Iowa was offering a team and coaches which were far more conducive to a life which included getting rid of his Desmond and wrestling.

The person in the throughs of addiction have to have the willingness to admit defeat and be willing to go to any lengths to live free of addiction. If this decision isn't made and adhered to then, don't expect someone to just get their shit together.
Helping someone and giving to others is really what a persons legacy is. The Brands do this and are going to leave a lasting legacy. They learned this from Gable. It's one of the reasons I am proud to be an Iowa fan. For decades Iowa coaches have cared about every wrestler on their teams. I doubt it was any different with Teasdale.
It's also naive to believe no good came from this, or that Brands didn't in some way help Teasdale. He may one day implement lessons learned under his experience with Brands. Once he admits he has a problem.

Last edited:
I concur, overplay to the Nth degree.
Yeah it’s Utopia bro, however, not my expectations.
Here’s the thought on Champs.

Lee-could be upset, not likely.

DeSanto 1-1 vs. Suriano lost by 1 to Mckenna. Maybe we’ll find out how he stacks up against Gross at Midlands, forgot Gross was back. Is it unreasonable he can’t beat them all?

I am just high on Teasdale (not smoking anything) don’t expect Murin here. He’s the biggest stretch.

Young-if he builds off of last years NCAA’s He’s gonna be a tough out.

Marinelli-just don’t see how it’s not possible to be a champ. He’s got a big chip on his shoulder.

Kem Dawg-if he’s healthy and in good shape; with Zahid moving up and ORS from Hall & Amine. It’s a wide open bracket. He’s gotta be hungry.

We have seven returning AA’s and should AA at 141, 184 & 285.
In years past we’ve had glaring holes, not this year.
The overall program is on a firm foundation, hence, the excitement.

The smoking reference is so ironical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT