ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale now back?

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
This is now being reported. I have NO ill-will against the kid and hope that he gets to compete and does so to the very best of his ability!

That being said. I am not sure how you can "withdraw from classes" due to some serious reported problems. Be "gone" for what seems like a very short time if any because he is reported to be training with the club.

Then be back on the team AND possible get a waiver for the semester to boot!!!

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/...zm1JMHobm7a-gFdbumYqUcXB33d4lqITk92c4kz2-mEaw

It’s some BS how he leaves the team before Howard commits anywhere, but is back with the team like nothing ever happened as soon as they land Howard. There’s something fishy about the whole situation.

Sounds like nothing that abnormal for a freshman in college imo. Got a little out of hand with the partying and wasn’t taking class serious. Took some time off and is ready for a fresh start. Hate to see wasted talent, so hope he makes the most of it. Definitely could go either way from here.

If his problems escalated or were prevalent all semester, he may have dug himself a hole and needed to withdraw. It is possible that he was failing all his classes because of his problem - whatever it is. Was he trying to correct it and in the process got way behind in classes? Is he gaming the system because he screwed around all semester and now wants another chance? Is he legitimately trying to get his life together after being in a situation that was beyond his control and doing all the right things now? Who knows? Does not seem like good idea to start bashing him or Cael though. Time will tell what kind of person he is.

I would say there’s only about 2 options.
1. His his health issue wasn’t that bad if it only took 3 weeks to get over.
2. He still has the health issue and in which case Cael just doesn’t care about it.

Reactions: Gobblin
It says "He announced he was leaving for Health reasons on Nov, 20. In less then 3 weeks it is announced that he is back Wrestling with the club???

Then Keal says he could get a waiver??? What am I not understanding here?

My guess is that he was late to address the issue, the fix was straightforward and accomplished smoothly, and the prognosis is positive.

If those are the circumstances, is it wrong for Teasdale (and those who support him) to explore every available avenue to maximize pursuit of the original goals he had set for himself as a student athlete?

Reactions: just_somebody
It can be sugar coated any way you want and a families personal troubles should not be public. My question is, the university should be involved and if he was failing,drinking on drugs or all of the above you would think his scholly would be taking away and be suspended for atleast a season. Very odd that he could just withdrawl half way through the semester then reregister with no penalties. Odd and suspicious in deed. The only thing that would make any sence is it that it was not any of these things and maybe was a personal problem that was diagnosed and treated effctively enough to be readmitted.

From an article:

“Yes,” Sanderson said, his voice rising when asked if Teasdale could wrestle at the Jan. 1-2 Southern Scuffle. “I think he could get back on our team maybe Saturday, once finals are over and it’s a new semester.”

Teasdale was seen rolling around with Brady Berge during Nittany Lion Wrestling Club practice on Tuesday afternoon in the Lorenzo Wrestling Complex.

Because Teasdale withdrew from school, Sanderson said there is a possibility he could get a waiver for that semester and still have a full redshirt available. He said they are working on getting that waiver."

Damn if Cael pulls this off then he's a genius and found a way for guys to compete even when not taking classes.

It can be sugar coated any way you want and a families personal troubles should not be public. My question is, the university should be involved and if he was failing,drinking on drugs or all of the above you would think his scholly would be taking away and be suspended for atleast a season. Very odd that he could just withdrawl half way through the semester then reregister with no penalties. Odd and suspicious in deed.
Scholly taken away? Even better for Cael if he can get him back on the team.

Hope he's got it all together and is ready to roll. A lot of work went into getting himself to this point, glad he believes he is back on track.

I believe his HS to College success will match something like what Jeva was able to do. High profile kid that was a really good HS wrestler and an average college one, which is two things that are better than my athletic accomplishments. I wish him well.

Who on here doesn't want to see him vs. Spencer at some point down the road?

Its magical he has been Carlified. Hey I think I came up with a new NCAA terminology.
Carlified : to be cleared of all previous wrong doings free and clear of all NCAA infractions.
I kid I do hope his health is well and he gets back on track

Last edited:
Good luck to Teasdale. Hope his health is truly where it needs to be. With that said, I’d love to be a fly on the wall in Howard’s household. My UNeducated guess was he thought he’d be penciled in at 33.

25 Teske
33 Teasdale
41 RYB

That line up is for years to come as well but I’m sure one of our PSU friends know how the line up could work out. Oh well, best of luck and Go Hawks.

PS I love that we have Cashman and Ybarra.

Reactions: Grip220
Hope he's got it all together and is ready to roll. A lot of work went into getting himself to this point, glad he believes he is back on track.

I believe his HS to College success will match something like what Jeva was able to do. High profile kid that was a really good HS wrestler and an average college one, which is two things that are better than my athletic accomplishments. I wish him well.

Who on here doesn't want to see him vs. Spencer at some point down the road?

^ This. Oh yeah. :)

Good luck to Teasdale. Hope his health is truly where it needs to be. With that said, I’d love to be a fly on the wall in Howard’s household. My UNeducated guess was he thought he’d be penciled in at 33.

25 Teske
33 Teasdale
41 RYB

That line up is for years to come as well but I’m sure one of our PSU friends know how the line up could work out. Oh well, best of luck and Go Hawks.

Everyone has to earn his spot in the lineup. Not a foreign concept to anyone on the team, and hopefully not to any recruit.

I guess I disagree with most on here. I don’t wish him well with his wrestling career at PSU. He screwed over our hawks bad and I really hope he fails as a wrestler. I hope his life is a success but every time he puts on the PSU singlet I hope he gets his ass stuck.

I guess I disagree with most on here. I don’t wish him well with his wrestling career at PSU. He screwed over our hawks bad and I really hope he fails as a wrestler. I hope his life is a success but every time he puts on the PSU singlet I hope he gets his ass stuck.
Dont get me wrong I get your point of view. But these are kids and wrestlers so I personally cannot have to much ill will.

Because its Carl. Ruth gets drunk runs into Taco Bell wins National Championship later. Win at all cost that's his moto.
lol, as opposed to playing with guns, getting shot, not telling police entire truth about how and who else and only getting a 1 Dual suspension....all to beat ISU. lol, dude please, every coach does what is best for the student athlete. Unless their hands are tied or they really think the athlete is bad for the program. What would you do for your son if he found himself in a fixable tough position? Damn, The hate for Cael is very toxic here, WOW

Last edited:
From an article:

“Yes,” Sanderson said, his voice rising when asked if Teasdale could wrestle at the Jan. 1-2 Southern Scuffle. “I think he could get back on our team maybe Saturday, once finals are over and it’s a new semester.”

Teasdale was seen rolling around with Brady Berge during Nittany Lion Wrestling Club practice on Tuesday afternoon in the Lorenzo Wrestling Complex.

Because Teasdale withdrew from school, Sanderson said there is a possibility he could get a waiver for that semester and still have a full redshirt available. He said they are working on getting that waiver."

Damn if Cael pulls this off then he's a genius and found a way for guys to compete even when not taking classes.

Someone smarter than Cael is coming up with this.

lol, as opposed to playing with guns, getting shot, not telling police entire truth about how and who else and only getting a 1 game suspension....all to beat ISU. lol, dude please, every coach does what is best for the student athlete. Unless their hands are tied or they really think the athlete is bad for the program. What would you do for your son if he found himself in a fixable tough position? Damn, The hate for Cael is very toxic here, WOW

“1 game suspension”.... You serious, Clark?

I would say there’s only about 2 options.
1. His his health issue wasn’t that bad if it only took 3 weeks to get over.
2. He still has the health issue and in which case Cael just doesn’t care about it.

What makes you think it was three weeks? Three weeks ago, he Tweeted “I have left Penn State.” He didn’t say when he left.

Reactions: lionlover
Wasn't there talk about Teasdale possibly waiting till the last minute to sign with PSU to intentionally screw over the Hawks? If that was indeed the case I wish him well in life after wrestling but other than that...

Wasn't there talk about Teasdale possibly waiting till the last minute to sign with PSU to intentionally screw over the Hawks? If that was indeed the case I wish him well in life after wrestling but other than that...

Yeah, but it was Cael who put him up to it. Right, Don?

from the sounds of it it probably currumvented some drug testing rules to withdraw and also gives him a option of a 6th year down the road if he runs into any problems later on. Cael always looking out for the best interest of his athletes. Good guy
Or he impregnated an alien's dwarf daughter on campus. Since that particular species' life span is only a few weeks, the coast is clear now and there's a fresh batch of alien midgets to enjoy.
tenor.gif

25 Teske
33 Teasdale
41 RYB

So you think Howard’s decision to come to Penn State was based on him not believing Teasdale’s stated intention to return for the spring semester? And you’re thinking that as a fly on the wall in the Howard house you would hear them saying, “Damn, he was serious”?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT