ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

Thom,

Last I heard he was not enrolled but living in the area and working out like crazy. I think there are some things need to be figured out-- resident vs non resident rules. All I can say is TnT will do this by the book -- and the expectation is he will be enrolled in the somewhat near future.

<<he could workout with the HWC, correct?>>

I am not positive on the exact rules of what workouts he can attend etc.. I will say that this is technically offseason ( at least for the collegiate guys) so workouts are voluntary -- and Im pretty sure he can attend a voluntary workout.

He hasn't wrestled a match in college yet. We don't really know where he stands right now, but he was blue chip coming out of hs. Depends on development from there. Now that he's presumably working with Lee, Tom, and Terry, have to like his chances at developing.

Also depends where his priorities are at.

Times have changed. Pretty damn hard to be the best wrestler in the country these days if wrestling isn't your top priority.

But again, he's in the right environment for that too.

Thanks for the reply. G.O.T. fan like me I see...I like Tormund too.

Bud light for proclamation of an Iowan. :)
giphy.gif

But has he drank a Busch light is the real question

I'll have you know that Iowa does not in any way have the market cornered on Busch Light consumption. ;)

As to Vall's question and Vodka's point . . . does his clock even really matter? We know he has at least 4 years (like Randy said), and there will be debate, fights, and insults exchanged about the potential for a 5th year for the next 4 years. In the near term, there are more pressing questions about how he gets onto the mat in any of those years.

this kid is a talent, sky's the limit, but I don't think he has ever been a good student. my question is the same as when he was at pnst who is going to take his tests for him.i hope mr lee can impress on him the importance of an education. way more important than making iowas lineup. not many people get rich in wrestling.

Certified..bonafide...stud..no joke. If he gets his stuff together, he will be a problem at any weight. I watched him for years light people up. He’s not your gullibon or some other anomaly, the kid is that good. His only losses in folk and free were tight and he was the aggressor in all of them and had chances to win. I expect him to be great, not just good. Especially in the Iowa room as a light weight.

If grades are an issue, he could go to Kirkwood and get the grades up.
If the grades are up, it may be enough to enroll at IA second semester?

Reactions: TNHAWK79
There is only one reason that Cael kept recruiting Teasdale after he committed to Iowa, because he had the ability win national titles. Teasdale fit his mold of top P4P and elite talent that is ready to go. I predict that if Teasdale ends up on the roster at Iowa he will be a force to be reckoned with. He truly has uncanny ability and exceptional quickness.

Am I the only one who hopes that he goes on a Mormon mission and active duty while growing 7 inches an still maintaining his weight? Because there is nothing this board would love more than if Iowa had a 30-year old, 6'1" wrestler at 133 lbs.

Seriously, whatever he does, I hope it works out for him. But, the whole 6'1" thing would be sweet.

A couple of things to clarify:
Has the clock to utilize the 5 years to get 4 years of competition started? Does his enrolling at PSU, then withdrawing mean the clock started ticking or not?
The five-year clock for a D1 athlete starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college.

Teasdale meets the requirements for RTC practices, therefore, there is no obstacle to him participating with the HWC now through the first week of October.

Reactions: SurgeonMMA
According to the people on BWI Cael was working his magic so that his first semester of enrollment didn't exist. Seemed like a stretch then but wouldn't surprise me PSU found a way.

That's one option, the other is that they apply for the injury shirt once Teasdale is a senior and if Rasheed got one I don't see why Teasdale wouldn't.

I honestly don't understand the objection to Rasheed's request for an additional year.

His redshirt year, he wrestled one competition day (one open). His redshirt sophomore year, he wrestled two competition days (one open, one dual).

Which of these shouldn't count?

Reactions: PSU197276
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT