ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Cruz Armed Services Committee attendance

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
Perhaps that explains why his foreign policy comments are so incredibly stupid and dangerous.
I'm sure yours are well thought out and intelligent. I'd like to see you in a debate with Ted Cruz.

Originally posted by What W...us Do?:
Perhaps that explains why his foreign policy comments are so incredibly stupid and dangerous.
I don't know if that makes much of a difference. Senator Cotton of Arkansas, who drafted the notorious open letter to Iran, has perfect attendance.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TJ8869:
Originally posted by What W...us Do?:
I don't know if that makes much of a difference. Senator Cotton of Arkansas, who drafted the notorious open letter to Iran, has perfect attendance.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Nicely done.

Originally posted by IMCC965:
I'm sure yours are well thought out and intelligent. I'd like to see you in a debate with Ted Cruz.
Translation: A Republican skips a bunch of committee hearings and he's a freaking genius. Bruce Braley skips committee work and he's an insult to all service members.

Originally posted by lucas80:
Translation: A Republican skips a bunch of committee hearings and he's a freaking genius. Bruce Braley skips committee work and he's an insult to all service members.
Well that's true, but Cruz would still wipe the floor with Braley in a debate.

"But Professor Smith, I was in class every day...had 100% attendance....I sat in the front row.....I was the last one to leave.......we talked on several occasions......I really thought you liked me" "I don't understand why you gave me an "F"[/B]?

"Because that's all you did.....you came into my classroom and stunk it up......that's it. You flunked the exams, flunked the home assignments, flunked the special project. You're really a dumbass if you think I give out grades for attendance". "You really deserve a G....not an F you stupid moron".

Bring this back

Dunce-cap-in-corner.jpg

This post was edited on 4/1 4:29 AM by sijoint

Originally posted by sijoint:

"But Professor Smith, I was in class every day...had 100% attendance....I sat in the front row.....I was the last one to leave.......we talked on several occasions......I really thought you liked me" "I don't understand why you gave me an "F"[/B]?

"Because that's all you did.....you came into my classroom and stunk it up......that's it. You flunked the exams, flunked the home assignments, flunked the special project. You're really a dumbass if you think I give out grades for attendance". "You really deserve a G....not an F you stupid moron".

Bring this back

ec

I think you missed the point of my post. My point is that Bruce Braley was called unpatriotic and lacked caring for veterans because he missed a number of Veterans Committee meetings, mainly because he was running for Senate.

We now see that Cruz missed Armed Services Committee meetings, he claims it is because he is running for President. Is he unpatriotic and uncaring for the safety of all Americans? Will the Koch Brothers spend millions in attack ads against him on this topic? Will Joni Ernst disassociate herself from him and call for his resignation, calling him unfit to serve?

Originally posted by theiacowtipper:
Originally posted by sijoint:

Bring this back

ec

I think you missed the point of my post. My point is that Bruce Braley was called unpatriotic and lacked caring for veterans because he missed a number of Veterans Committee meetings, mainly because he was running for Senate.

We now see that Cruz missed Armed Services Committee meetings, he claims it is because he is running for President. Is he unpatriotic and uncaring for the safety of all Americans? Will the Koch Brothers spend millions in attack ads against him on this topic? Will Joni Ernst disassociate herself from him and call for his resignation, calling him unfit to serve?
No, you got my point..... you're saying there a correlation between attending the meetings and their success as a committee member? I'm sure if you if you don't attend the meetings you'd be less informed......less effective, but that is only speculation. I was under the impression that Braley was criticized for being unproductive as a committee member in addition to his not attending the meetings. If Cruz is an unproductive/done nothing committee member, he needs to be criticized as well. He (and Braley) should not be criticised solely on their attendance record.
Unpatriotic and uncaring for the safety of all Americans? S..t...r.....e......t........c.........h!
Why are you so bothered by the Koch brothers' participation in our current election process? Why do you even bring them up in this discussion....they have a right to contribute to campaigns. Stop whinning. Another point.... you're suggesting there is a correlation between how much money is spent on a candidate and winning that election?......nope.
Braley is old news....I know it still hurts you deeply that he lost, but he lost because the voters decided/ they wanted someone else to represent them. You need to get over it.

This post was edited on 4/1 11:43 AM by sijoint

Select Your Own Image!

It's just political warfare. When your side does it, it's fine. When the other does it, they are unpatriotic. Message boards exist for this sort of back and forth nonsense that it deadly important to ideologues.

The republicans accused Braley of being ineffective because he missed the ads. They accused him, as nearly as I can remember, of not caring for the veterans of this country. I brought up Koch because they are the ones who paid for the messages. If they are concerned by him missing the meetings, I'm sure they are concerned about Cruz missing arguably more important meetings.

I am sure you know where I was going with my post. We have politicians criticizing other politicians for doing things their own side does. Republicans criticizing Hillary for private email usage when Rice and Powell did the same thing. It happens on both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT