ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune about to weigh in?

If it’s that NW has a positive case and it’s pausing workouts then not much of a story.

Well, they already wrote their story on the Hawks several days ago, so ......

Who was it that said that Covid-19 isn't a dangerous illness for college-age kids?
Let’s wait and see if he had a heart issue that they were not aware of before he contracted COVID19. There have been cases where COVID19 led doctors to identify health issues that no one was aware of before the COVID diagnosis. Bottom line though, let’s pull for a full recovery for the young man,

I'm fine with them not having football if they feel it need cancelled(would suck but oh well)....I'm NOT fine with them saying football is too dangerous but classes bars parties etc are acceptable!!

People in charge of this country are always ass backwards and tend to make no sense

Who was it that said that Covid-19 isn't a dangerous illness for college-age kids?
You're talkin about a berry big exception to the rule. but of course if you're on the negative I want to stay at home oh my God the sky is falling page then this is the perfect story for you. But that doesn't change the reality that is miniscule as far as the number of people to say to do effects in an adverse

I’m wondering how many Football players, professors/staff, school kids and teachers will die before we wake up from this pretend fantasy that everything is normal....
It's not just college it's all schools. Hell we have some guinea pigs schools already starting and it's not sounding good at some of them!!

Wake up politicians!!!

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I’m wondering how many Football players, professors/staff, school kids and teachers will die before we wake up from this pretend fantasy that everything is normal....
How many have so far?

I am cool with cancelling football. It will be fun watching schools cut $100,000,000

Reactions: GolfHacker1
You're talkin about a berry big exception to the rule. but of course if you're on the negative I want to stay at home oh my God the sky is falling page then this is the perfect story for you. But that doesn't change the reality that is miniscule as far as the number of people to say to do effects in an adverse
So you are saying it is dangerous for out-of-shape, overweight college students?

How many have so far?

I am cool with cancelling football. It will be fun watching schools cut $100,000,000
On second thought...I give up. Some people will never wake up from no pandemic fantasy land

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: littlez
this is a great point. overweight linemen (offensive & defensive) are more susceptible to this virus.

elderly (and overweight) coaches are susceptible, as well.
An "overweight" division 1 offensive or defensive lineman is still in much better cardiovascular condition than 90% of the population.

just admit it. Vaccine or everything needs to stop.

Nope, I think most everywhere else in the developed world has proven that you can get this thing under control with widespread mask usage and targeted measures and tracing...however we here in the US are living in a make believe fantasy that there is no virus...or it’s just a common cold, or whatever the newest talking points are from Fox News.

That’s the most infuriating thing, I want to go back to some semblance of normal as much as anyone. But understand that can’t happen safely unless about 40% of the country gets out of delusion land. We are literally one of the only developed countries that hasn’t been able to knock this thing down and move on with our lives...

Nope, I think most everywhere else in the developed world has proven that you can get this thing under control with widespread mask usage and targeted measures and tracing...however we here in the US are living in a make believe fantasy that there is no virus...or it’s just a common cold, or whatever the newest talking points are from Fox News.

That’s the most infuriating thing, I want to go back to some semblance of normal as much as anyone. But understand that can’t happen safely unless about 40% of the country gets out of delusion land. We are literally one of the only developed countries that hasn’t been able to knock this thing down and move on with our lives...
Other countries are not full of obese people.

other counties didn’t hold private proms so little girls were not too sad.

other counties likely are not tying 50 boats together on lakes partying.

would love to know of the people that died how many were obese, smokers, vapers, alcoholics, and drug addicts. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for any that fall into those groups. Bad life choices led to bad outcomes.

United States should tax obesity. It’s a big problem.

Last edited:

forced to wear masks here since april under threat of being fined yet being told here we are one of the worst hot spots..tell us again how it all works

Other countries are not full of obese people.

other counties didn’t hold private proms so little girls were not too sad.

other counties likely are not tying 50 boats together on lakes partying.

would love to know of the people that died how many were obese, smokers, vapers, alcoholics, and drug addicts. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for any that fall into those groups. Bad life choices led to bad outcomes.

United States should tax obesity. It’s a big problem.
What do you expect when the government tells me people to eat crap loads of carbs?

Sounds like you don't have sympathy for most of America...why you even here?

Let’s wait and see if he had a heart issue that they were not aware of before he contracted COVID19. There have been cases where COVID19 led doctors to identify health issues that no one was aware of before the COVID diagnosis. Bottom line though, let’s pull for a full recovery for the young man,
They are finding this in a lot of people now where Covid has caused heart issues including myocarditis which athletes are already at an increased risk for. Also found where the damage done to the heart looks like the person had a heart attack bud didn’t.

Libs just can't get Fox News out of their heads. I might agree with you on some issues until you bring politics into everything. Let me ask you, what if there is never a vaccine? Should we just move into socially distant caves?

They are finding this in a lot of people now where Covid has caused heart issues including myocarditis which athletes are already at an increased risk for. Also found where the damage done to the heart looks like the person had a heart attack bud didn’t.

Why are athletes at higher risk for myocarditis?

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Let's go back into hiding and do it properly this time. Shut EVERYTHING down and have people in the protective suits go around and just light this country on fire. Burn everything down and we'll start from scratch. Fire kills the virus, so the virus can't spread if everything is burnt to the ground.......#thinkingmangif

Then in about 5 years when everything is rebuilt, then...maybe then.....we can have sports again.

And think of all the lives we saved by doing it.............

Right because heart issues are just the flu....right?

Yes, every single side effect from Covid people also get from the flu.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/irt/2012/351979/

"Acute myocarditis is a well-known complication of influenza infection."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/sy...ns triggered,, respiratory and kidney failure).

Other possible serious complications triggered by flu can include inflammation of the heart (myocarditis), brain (encephalitis) or muscle (myositis, rhabdomyolysis) tissues, and multi-organ failure (for example, respiratory and kidney failure).

Wake up politicians!!!

Yes, especially the Trump GOP cult members. You could look it up, of course, but the states that continue to have the worst issues are those who have GOP governors who ignorantly bow to the sage medical advice of Guru Trump.

No strategy will work if a significant number of people refuse to follow it.
You could have the greatest offensive coordinator in the history of football, but if 3 or 4 of the 11 offensive players consistently believe they know better and do whatever the hell they want on every play, I don't think the offense is going to work very well.

I believe it was Knute Rockne, or maybe it was Hayden Fry, who said, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread." Or maybe it was Alexander Pope back in 1711....

Yes, every single side effect from Covid people also get from the flu.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/irt/2012/351979/

"Acute myocarditis is a well-known complication of influenza infection."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm#:~:text=Flu Complications,-Most people who&text=Other possible serious complications triggered,, respiratory and kidney failure).

Other possible serious complications triggered by flu can include inflammation of the heart (myocarditis), brain (encephalitis) or muscle (myositis, rhabdomyolysis) tissues, and multi-organ failure (for example, respiratory and kidney failure).

The fact that football and basketball have been played during the flu season for a million years should hopefully cause some of you to pull your heads out of your asses.

This is not new at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT