ADVERTISEMENT

Teen’s ear piercing gets his dad arrested at their Arkansas home, video shows

beanerhawk

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Don't see this every day. Not sure this is good use of tax payers dollars but.

Tontitown police said the arrest came after receiving a tip about a “welfare concern” from a resource officer at the school Sherland’s son attends, the department said in an April 22 news release.

The teen arrived at school Thursday with the piercing and told fellow students that “his dad was drunk and put him in a choke hold and shoved the piercing in his ear,” police said.

Officers went to Sherland’s home and tried to speak with him about the situation, but he refused and police left, the release said. Officers returned later in the day “to make a probable cause arrest,” adding that Sherland “refused to comply.”

“Tontitown officers contacted the Washington County Prosecutor’s Office to discuss the incident,” the release said. Sherland is accused of violating a law that prohibits body piercings or art for children under age 16 and for doing so in an “unlicensed facility.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-ear-piercing-gets-dad-155857691.html

Sherland is accused of violating a law that prohibits body piercings or art for children under age 16 and for doing so in an “unlicensed facility.”
Kids under 16 can’t get ears pierced? Or is it that it wasn’t in a licensed facility? My 10 year old got her ears pierced at age 8. I think it’s cultural for most Indian girls to get theirs at age 1 or so.

Kids under 16 can’t get ears pierced? Or is it that it wasn’t in a licensed facility? My 10 year old got her ears pierced at age 8. I think it’s cultural for most Indian girls to get theirs at age 1 or so.
dumbest thing I ever heard of, when I was a kid my sister and our cousins all had theirs done as toddlers. Late 70's/ early 80's.

Obviously they believe they have an abusive father on their hands and we're looking for anything to charge him with to get him to comply with the rest of it.

I have no problem with this.

Reactions: drew_hawk
The entire Hispanic population in the States would be in jail if this were a criminal act that was enforced. I think it's wrong to pierce the ears of a child that can't give consent.

Personally, I think the article's title is incorrect. It should read:

Dad arrested for being an abusive prick, video shows​

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT