ADVERTISEMENT

Televised or Streamed Game Day Experience

Dec 2, 2023
Lived far from IOWA for decades, but catch every one of their games on TV at home or our local I-Club game watches. IOWA’s home game, pre-game experience, is one of the best my wife and I have experienced, as we have attended many college games throughout the years. Is there any televised or streaming source that fully covers the pageantry of the IOWA pre-game traditions leading to kickoff?

It’s always disappointing when broadcasts only show a few seconds of the SWARM or, sometimes, not at all. It would be so great, for home games, to watch the entire Kinnick rituals: the fans going crazy, the band, the entrance video, the music, the SWARM, taking the field, in addition to the pregame interviews. Some sundry video of folks tailgating around Kinnick, with possibly some drone footage of all the action around the stadium, would be an added bonus. Really miss the coverage of the faithful coming in on the train, but I understand that tradition is now a relic.

The televised games sometimes have a little bit of this action, but very limited. I was just curious if there were any off-the-beaten-path resources that may do a good job of capturing this before the home games’ kickoff. TIA. On IOWA. GO HAWKS!

I highly doubt it for regular season games. You probably remember when the tv stations would show the band pre-game for a bit of time and the playing of the national anthem. No games are crowded together so much that sometimes you miss the start of a game on tv. Also, they need to get more commercials in now that the bidding war for games is so high

Lived far from IOWA for decades, but catch every one of their games on TV at home or our local I-Club game watches. IOWA’s home game, pre-game experience, is one of the best my wife and I have experienced, as we have attended many college games throughout the years. Is there any televised or streaming source that fully covers the pageantry of the IOWA pre-game traditions leading to kickoff?

It’s always disappointing when broadcasts only show a few seconds of the SWARM or, sometimes, not at all. It would be so great, for home games, to watch the entire Kinnick rituals: the fans going crazy, the band, the entrance video, the music, the SWARM, taking the field, in addition to the pregame interviews. Some sundry video of folks tailgating around Kinnick, with possibly some drone footage of all the action around the stadium, would be an added bonus. Really miss the coverage of the faithful coming in on the train, but I understand that tradition is now a relic.

The televised games sometimes have a little bit of this action, but very limited. I was just curious if there were any off-the-beaten-path resources that may do a good job of capturing this before the home games’ kickoff. TIA. On IOWA. GO HAWKS!
No.

Yes sadly it's gone. I guess the train had gotten where it needed a ton of work and they decided not to spend the money. I still think if they'd wanted they could've raised that money. For my grandchildren riding the train was a staple and their best early memory of the gameday experience. When it's just my wife and I we didn't use it but other members of our family always did. I thought it added to the tradition of Kinnick. But the almighty dollar ruled I guess.

Yes sadly it's gone. I guess the train had gotten where it needed a ton of work and they decided not to spend the money. I still think if they'd wanted they could've raised that money. For my grandchildren riding the train was a staple and their best early memory of the gameday experience. When it's just my wife and I we didn't use it but other members of our family always did. I thought it added to the tradition of Kinnick. But the almighty dollar ruled I guess.
I never took it myself, always parked in the lot north of the stadium, but I know a lot of people that did

it was a really cool tradition that is sadly gone :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT