ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me about The Black Keys in concert

TJ8869

HB King
Dec 7, 2006
I love - absolutely love - their albums, but I've never seem them live. They are playing a music festival in Cincinnati in June and I'm planning to go.

Is it going to be worth the $69? I'm not a big music festival guy. I'm not real keen on sharing a Port-O-Let with thousands of drunken hippies.

Also, since they are just a two-man band I assume their studio albums include a lot of overdubbing. How does that translate to their live shows? Do they bring on additional musicians or is it just Patrick and Dan?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

i actually think they tour with some other musicians now, but back when i saw them (when they were touring on rubber factory) it was just the two of them.

and man, could they fill up a room with sound. patrick sat up front, next to the edge of the stage, and dan used a lot of pedals to get different sounds. turn that combo up to 11 and they didn't need any other musicians.

if they still play like that, i'd spend the dough.

Thank you, sir. I kind of wish they were playing an indoor venue rather than an outdoor festival, but I'm really looking forward to seeing them either way.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I saw them in KC a year ago. They had other people play with the band for some of the concert and the other part of it was just the two of them. They were awesome in concert and Patrick is very animated on the drums.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT