ADVERTISEMENT

Telling tweet

I guarantee there is some actuary that has done the math on lawsuits and liability, that is the primary driving force behind B1G cancelling. It's about safety, not player safety, financial safety for the institutions. Even if every player signed a waiver to play and not sue, (which nobody with a lawyer will do), is such a waiver bullet proof? All it will take is one player with a high power ambulance chaser to file suit, the flood gates open. Even if the suit fails, that is a lot of $$s spent on legal costs for the universitys. How do you insulate yourself from being sued by fans going to stadiums. The potential unknown variables of liability costs is why we don't have a season.

It seems like participating in a voluntary activity waives your claim to sue, but we know that isn't the case. I am left leaning, I want a season, but I would be hesitant to attend a game in person. Economically, this is devastating for any college town, so I can't fathom how they survive if there isn't a season. Can a season be successful with selling every 3rd row and mask requirements? There has to be a better thought out solution.
Cmon, no fan would be able to sue the university for a willful choice, (by the fan) of attending a game. Thats not going to happen and those actuaries would certainly know that as well......

Reactions: redghost1974
Yes, I am the guy disrobing in his garage and showering before hugging and kissing my family when i get home, that has been with family that can't see loved ones when in our ICU, watch people die, seen them in ICUs for weeks, and worked 6+ days a week since mid march. Again, I'm certainly not a lefty, but the people taking it serious (right, left or in the middle on a political spectrum) are not the reason we don't have football this year - these people did did everything we could to help the outcome be different. It's easy to see in this thread those that made those decisions hard, and are the main reason our country has failed miserably getting this under control....long wind way of say get bent.
Let me know when you are in Indiana next I will get friends and family out in the street to clap as you drive by.

Reactions: RothMatt
Yes, I am the guy disrobing in his garage and showering before hugging and kissing my family when i get home, that has been with family that can't see loved ones when in our ICU, watch people die, seen them in ICUs for weeks, and worked 6+ days a week since mid march. Again, I'm certainly not a lefty, but the people taking it serious (right, left or in the middle on a political spectrum) are not the reason we don't have football this year - these people did did everything we could to help the outcome be different. It's easy to see in this thread those that made those decisions hard, and are the main reason our country has failed miserably getting this under control....long wind way of say get bent.
Thanks for all you do man.

I guarantee there is some actuary that has done the math on lawsuits and liability, that is the primary driving force behind B1G cancelling. It's about safety, not player safety, financial safety for the institutions. Even if every player signed a waiver to play and not sue, (which nobody with a lawyer will do), is such a waiver bullet proof? All it will take is one player with a high power ambulance chaser to file suit, the flood gates open. Even if the suit fails, that is a lot of $$s spent on legal costs for the universitys. How do you insulate yourself from being sued by fans going to stadiums. The potential unknown variables of liability costs is why we don't have a season.

It seems like participating in a voluntary activity waives your claim to sue, but we know that isn't the case. I am left leaning, I want a season, but I would be hesitant to attend a game in person. Economically, this is devastating for any college town, so I can't fathom how they survive if there isn't a season. Can a season be successful with selling every 3rd row and mask requirements? There has to be a better thought out solution.
Wait til the covid is all over and they miss football and have to limit people or shut down!

Lefty political agenda? I guess our working everyday to care for Covid patients over the past 5+ mos was just pretend. I’ll be sure to tell my critical care team- we didn’t know
so as a physician you're advocating for everyone to stay home until there's a vaccine?

so as a physician you're advocating for everyone to stay home until there's a vaccine?
Socizl distancing, mask, quarantine if sick or exposed. It's not rocket science but there are a lot of idiots out there.

Oh, and get the effing vaccine when it becomes approved and available. Did you know that ~30% of your fellow countrymen have said that they will refuse to get immunized?

Socizl distancing, mask, quarantine if sick or exposed. It's not rocket science but there are a lot of idiots out there.

Oh, and get the effing vaccine when it becomes approved and available. Did you know that ~30% of your fellow countrymen have said that they will refuse to get immunized?

I'm surprised it isn't more than 30% actually

I am not a physician. And no, but masking, distancing, and restriction on gathering sizes are the only options since testing, tracing are grossly inadequate, and a vaccine that can be distributed widely is a long ways off.

Bullshit- the season was canceled under the guise of PLAYER SAFETY. At least that’s what we assume, the incompetent jack ass in the front office won’t tell us.
if it was not player safety , what was it ?

So let them idiots get sick. Who cares?

If people are high risk of serious illness they should treat everybody they encounter with extreme caution. I fail to see why that changes if kids are in school and sports are bing played. Makes zero sense.

if I had a decent chance of dying from Covid my actions wouldn’t get loose just because football was cancelled. What kind of logic is that?
Logic is not something the left understands IMO. Nor facts.

The same reason dems aren't condemning the bull**** going on in some of their cities. It's political son, and if you can't see it there isn’t much hope for you
hey stupid that is not much of a reason , its political ? what a dipshit .

I 100% guarantee he’s going to say it’s a ploy to get Trump out of office despite Trump doing literally everything and anything to get the boot himself.
good call . i got the typical trumptard answer , which meant i did not get a answer . there are some really stupid people on here .

Reactions: Cydkar
To be fair, 15/22 states with Democratic governors have canceled high school football and 25/26 states with Republican governors are playing high school football (two still undecided). So, it would appear to be somewhat political.
This!

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Kevin Warren ought to be ashamed of himself for allowing his lefty political agenda to ultimately be the deciding factor.

Bet the seniors just want to puke.

And his son is playing football in the SEC. So do what I say not what I do. He is bad for the Big Ten

good call . i got the typical trumptard answer , which meant i did not get a answer . there are some really stupid people on here .
You called someone stupid at least twice, trumptard, and use very caustic responses almost every time. Folks are just having a conversation, enjoy it or leave it. Don't let it get you bent.
Asteroids are going to hit around election day so everything will be alright.

Fortunately, the HAWKEYE State made the right call and was one of only states to play Baseball and Softball, this summer. Thank you, Governor Reynolds !!!
Iowa is the only state that plays summer baseball and softball sanctioned through the state high school associations. I coach football in Alabama and had our first regular season game last Thursday. Everything on the field went great. The administration was losing their minds with the lack of social distancing in the stands though.

You called someone stupid at least twice, trumptard, and use very caustic responses almost every time. Folks are just having a conversation, enjoy it or leave it. Don't let it get you bent.
Asteroids are going to hit around election day so everything will be alright.
hopefully you posted this to everyone who got caustic . lol

hey buckwheat how come you never answered my question ? still thinking ? lol
Papabeef, obviously you're a racist.
Why don't you just go away. I don't want you to hurt yourself trying real hard to type big words like "trumptard" over and over again, and then come November when DT wins again.... you jump off a bridge.(very likely)

Papabeef, obviously you're a racist.
Why don't you just go away. I don't want you to hurt yourself trying real hard to type big words like "trumptard" over and over again, and then come November when DT wins again.... you jump off a bridge.(very likely)
why a racist ? trump is white .

Iowa is the only state that plays summer baseball and softball sanctioned through the state high school associations. I coach football in Alabama and had our first regular season game last Thursday. Everything on the field went great. The administration was losing their minds with the lack of social distancing in the stands though.

Why doesn't the 'administration' with the help of you, plus other coaches, make Social distancing in the stands a requirement to attend game? It's the same with the IDIOTS that run Bars in college towns……..they could require their 'patrons' social distance, but the IDIOTS that run college bars are only about 1 thing, so they do not.

Reactions: papabeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT