16:35PITTDevin Street 66 yard pass from Tino Sunseri (Kevin Harper kick)70
1:27PITTKevin Harper 37 yard field goal100
28:57IOWAMike Meyer 22 yard field goal103
36:27PITTCameron Saddler 30 yard pass from Ronald Jones (Kevin Harper kick)173
3:11PITTDrew Carswell 4 yard pass from Tino Sunseri (Kevin Harper kick)243
1:16IOWAJames Vandenberg 1 yard run (Mike Meyer kick)2410
412:09PITTKevin Harper 24 yard field goal2710
9:55IOWAKeenan Davis 14 yard pass from James Vandenberg (Mike Meyer kick)2717
6:19IOWAKevonte Martin-Manley 25 yard pass from James Vandenberg (Mike Meyer kick)2724
2:51IOWAKevonte Martin-Manley 22 yard pass from James Vandenberg (Mike Meyer kick)2731

This game always crosses my mind when Iowa is up. It did last week too when Iowa was up 27-10 with 12:53 left in the game-- 44 more seconds than this game.

Carzy what can happen when you don't throw in the towel down 27-10, early in the 4th quarter.
giphy.gif

Still can't believe Pitt IIRC running the hurry up offense up 17 points. A series or two of ball control and no way do we comeback.

Reactions: cosmo90
I almost left when the Hawks went down 24-3, but I figured I would wait to see how the next drive turned out. Eventually, it was to KMM in seam repeatedly, and Pitt never adjusted. The last TD drive seemed like a foregone conclusion before it began.

The Tyler Sash ricochet game vs. Indiana had a similar feel, but the comeback started earlier.

Reactions: FWIW4922463
I almost left when the Hawks went down 24-3, but I figured I would wait to see how the next drive turned out. Eventually, it was to KMM in seam repeatedly, and Pitt never adjusted. The last TD drive seemed like a foregone conclusion before it began.

The Tyler Sash ricochet game vs. Indiana had a similar feel, but the comeback started earlier.
I watched that game with the worst hangover of my life in a downtown Milwaukee 4 star hotel that I booked off Priceline for $20

I watched another video in another thread that had Long leading us down field. There is a night and day difference in how he threw the ball and Vandenberg. Vandenberg just wound up and used his shoulder and then arm. Chuck seemed to just stand there and with a quick arm and flick of the wrist and launched the ball.

Reactions: BBHawk
I forgot that Aaron Donald was on that Pitt team. First of many sacks I’d watch from him

I watched another video in another thread that had Long leading us down field. There is a night and day difference in how he threw the ball and Vandenberg. Vandenberg just wound up and used his shoulder and then arm. Chuck seemed to just stand there and with a quick arm and flick of the wrist and launched the ball.
It honestly looks like it hurt Vandenberg every time he threw. In my head I'm hearing Chet Steadman grunt every time he releases the ball.

Carzy what can happen when you don't throw in the towel down 27-10, early in the 4th quarter.
ISU might have done better playing Dekkers earlier in the game. Iowa's defense totally got in Purdy's head and Campbell benched him way too late. Maybe it might have been a game had Dekkers started the second half, he was dinking and dunking pretty well against Iowa's defense, but to be fair, the defense was in "let's just finish this up and go home" mode so they probably weren't fully focused.

Reactions: haightt
ISU might have done better playing Dekkers earlier in the game. Iowa's defense totally got in Purdy's head and Campbell benched him way too late. Maybe it might have been a game had Dekkers started the second half, he was dinking and dunking pretty well against Iowa's defense, but to be fair, the defense was in "let's just finish this up and go home" mode so they probably weren't fully focused.
C'mon man. He came in during mop up duty and circumstances were greatly different than if he had started the game. He would have been brutalized also.

My son was telling me we were going to win as in kept trying to get him to leave with me. He was 9, and he cried happy tears when we won and kept telling me he told me so. Little shit had a lot of faith and not a lot of common sense. He a sophomore there this year.

2011-2014 were rough years. Frustrating 4 year stretch but still much better than many teams worst stretch over the last 20 years!

I remember that game, what an amazing comeback! It stands out for me because we had just moved into our new house, and we didn’t have cable yet, so I had to listen to that game. It was nostalgic, I enjoyed it.

C'mon man. He came in during mop up duty and circumstances were greatly different than if he had started the game. He would have been brutalized also.
Yeah, there's no point in having two of your quarterbacks destroyed mentally in one game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT