ADVERTISEMENT

Tenet

Thought the movie was really good. Think it's going to hold up better Than Interstellar

Reactions: Fluffles
is this an Iowa rule?
Theater I went to in Mennomme Falls. Smaller theater outside of Milwaukee. It was a private screening though no one else bought a ticket. Not sure what the state rule is. Depends on size of theater I assume. It did 20 million this weekend that's pretty good all things considered. I'm sure it will get its money back from international markets.

is this an Iowa rule?

I saw it in a CEC LDX theater, where you can pick your seats and they pretty much have it at 40% capacity. It was with my brother and me, and two other people in the theater. You pick your seat when you buy your ticket and they have seats blocked off. I think Iowa is full open on movie theaters, it depends on the companies running them.

i heard something about contact less fountain drinks at our local theaters. Have no clue what that is

Visuals were great. Story was pretty lackluster. Nolan is getting into the M. Night realm of trying too hard.

Theater I went to in Mennomme Falls. Smaller theater outside of Milwaukee. It was a private screening though no one else bought a ticket. Not sure what the state rule is. Depends on size of theater I assume. It did 20 million this weekend that's pretty good all things considered. I'm sure it will get its money back from international markets.
>200 million budget. What awful timing. I'll stream it in a few months when it's on Amazon or Vudu.

Visuals were great. Story was pretty lackluster. Nolan is getting into the M. Night realm of trying too hard.
Nolan is nowhere near that universe yet. I think it holds up it's not perfect but still better than most anything being put out there in tent pole arena.

>200 million budget. What awful timing. I'll stream it in a few months when it's on Amazon or Vudu.
HBO Max ftw. It was great visually and fun to watch. Obviously written for sequels and a franchise of video games which kind of bites but I get it. That's the only way you're getting something that looks like it filmed the way it was. I'd probably catch a sequel in the theaters. It's the kind of movie you really should see in a theater.

HBO Max ftw. It was great visually and fun to watch. Obviously written for sequels and a franchise of video games which kind of bites but I get it. That's the only way you're getting something that looks like it filmed the way it was. I'd probably catch a sequel in the theaters. It's the kind of movie you really should see in a theater.
How would we know if the next movie is a sequel or prequel?

I finally saw this and these pretty much sum up my feelings in a much more amusing manner than I can do.

It confused the hell out of me. Reminded me of Inception, in that regard. I enjoyed it, but I also have no idea what I just watched.

How would we know if the next movie is a sequel or prequel?
That's a good point. I should have said next movie.
LOL. Maybe my joke was too subtle. I'll try again:

No matter what the plot is of the next movie, or at which point in time it occurs, won't it depend on your point of view (i.e. which direction you are moving in time) whether it is a sequel or prequel?

It confused the hell out of me. Reminded me of Inception, in that regard. I enjoyed it, but I also have no idea what I just watched.
I thought inception made more sense, or at least was better explained. It's a silly premise, but once you got past that the movie was very entertaining and fun to watch.

I'm still not sure wth happened in this movie. I think my biggest issue is there are times where characters just seem to randomly switch from moving backwards in time to moving forwards in time and things just don't line up like they should. I don't know if it does or not, but it "feels" like the movie isn't following its own rules on how time travel works and I think that's what bothered me the most. That's why I liked inception better. Inception had a silly premise, but at least the movie followed its own rules. Tenet might have, but it doesn't feel that way and it was so confusing on what was going on I couldn't figure out if it was or not. Also, the movie isn't good enough for me to want to watch it 3 more times to try and figure it out.

Reactions: TennNole17
LOL. Maybe my joke was too subtle. I'll try again:

No matter what the plot is of the next movie, or at which point in time it occurs, won't it depend on your point of view (i.e. which direction you are moving in time) whether it is a sequel or prequel?
No I got it completely but you're also correct. It won't be either. Before he was leading a temporal pincer movement, he thought he was chomping on cyanide for the CIA where he encounters people who he recruited who are now recruiting him for a brand new type of warfare. It will be a sequel and prequel if they show what lead to him recruiting himself into this

Reactions: MeetTheFerentz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT