ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee school board votes unanimously to ban book about the Holocaust

I bet that's not true. We hear the ridiculous comparison to nazis from both sides all the time. I bet some of them have read it.
It’s a MAGAt thing, sorry. Everything is the Holocaust to that cult of morons.

i-love-the-poorly-educated-trump.gif

Are you fricken serious!? Lol the left has been beating the nazi drum for years. Lol

Dude…. Equating people to Nazis (totalitarian, fascist, racist) is just a LITTLE different than equating personal inconveniences (mask mandates, quarantines, vaccination cards) with the struggles of Jews during the Holocaust (stripped of property, forced relocation, mass extermination).

Im sure there are far worse things in the search history of their children’s phones that these parents dont bother checking than what is in this book they want to ban

Reactions: gohawks50
We read this in college during a holocaust literature class. I just had my 11 year old read it for his elementary school language arts class when he was required to do a book on historical fiction.

It's based on the author's own fathers experience during the war. Jews are mice, Nazi's are cats, American's are dogs, and Polish are pigs.
You read this in college no problem. Now you need to make your 11 year old read it?
I'm lost for words on how stupid this whole argument is.
No one is hiding anything. Kids don't give a shit about history, not a single fvck.

Get over yourself and the personal attacks. Postulate my ass. If my kids were in 8th grade and this was part of their curriculum, I wouldn't get my panties in a wad. My subsequent posts indicated I was not defending the decision, but that I suspected the board was responding to the wishes of parents and community.
If you can't understand that then there's a s..t ton more you could have learned.
So you interpret "you could have learned more" as a personal attack, call out said personal attack, and finish up with returning the same "personal attack" back to sender? And then call Joel a dummy and old fart next post?

Yeah, this is why people give you shit for not being so bright.... Not because you're a republican. Consistently mind blowing lack of self awareness/hypocrisy just BAU for Goldie

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyHawk
You read this in college no problem. Now you need to make your 11 year old read it?
No one is hiding anything. Kids don't give a shit about history, not a single fvck.
Kids don’t care about “history” because their parents don’t care about it.....unless it is “purified, homogenized and deemed “appropriate” by parents and elders. Sadly, there is very little room for “the truth” in history as it is passed on.
Some one once said that history “is written by the winners”....and that truthism is what often times, hurts the facts.

Reactions: bojihawk44
So you interpret "you could have learned more" as a personal attack, call out said personal attack, and finish up with returning the same "personal attack" back to sender? And then call Joel a dummy and old fart next post?

Yeah, this is why people give you shit for not being so bright.... Not because you're a republican. Consistently mind blowing lack of self awareness/hypocrisy just BAU for Goldie

BAU that some use a difference of opinion to attack me.
Lack of self awareness my effing ass.
Your real reason for attacking me is in your sentence “not because you’re a Republican”.
Yes. It. Is.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Kids don’t care about “history” because their parents don’t care about it.....unless it is “purified, homogenized and deemed “appropriate” by parents and elders. Sadly, there is very little room for “the truth” in history as it is passed on.
Some one once said that history “is written by the winners”....and that truthism is what often times, hurts the facts.
I love WWII history, but it's such a vast topic. One book will not impede learning.
I would not make my children sit there and watch the holocaust scenes on TV with me. Never has that once crossed my mind. It has never crossed my mind to not teach them about it, just that there is a time and place. Lately their has been a movement, I don't know what to call it. People are being outraged at things they weren't outraged about 8 years ago. That is the battle some are fighting.

You all turned out woke as fvck just fine with America's censored educational system. Now you all need a full force take over.

That’s the thing.
Once again I am NOT opposed to learning about the Holocaust in school.
All the HELL I remarked on was that maybe this particular school board acceded to the wishes of their constituents who thought 8th graders might be more ready for this particular book in say 11th or 12th grade.
Then we have the usual suspects jumping in (on purpose?) making stuff up, saying things that are irrelevant and yes, out of left field.
Seriously?

I think you’re probably right. But not sure about the relevance here.
you know the relevance, but I will bite in case you are not just playing ignorant.

The relevance is that these mouthbreathers are just doing this as a show to “own the libs” and they aren’t really concerned about their children seeing a not very detailed illustration of a mouse nipple or a mouse genital.

you know the relevance, but I will bite in case you are not just playing ignorant.

The relevance is that these mouthbreathers are just doing this as a show to “own the libs” and they aren’t really concerned about their children seeing a not very detailed illustration of a mouse nipple or a mouse genital.
I can’t vouch for any mouthbreathers concerns, so I won’t argue your point.

I love WWII history, but it's such a vast topic. One book will not impede learning.
I would not make my children sit there and watch the holocaust scenes on TV with me. Never has that once crossed my mind. It has never crossed my mind to not teach them about it, just that there is a time and place. Lately their has been a movement, I don't know what to call it. People are being outraged at things they weren't outraged about 8 years ago. That is the battle some are fighting.

You all turned out woke as fvck just fine with America's censored educational system. Now you all need a full force take over.
You're a weird dude. Supporting ah unhinged anti-vaxxer last night and this garbage today.

I feel sorry for your kids.

You're a weird dude. Supporting ah unhinged anti-vaxxer last night and this garbage today.

I feel sorry for your kids.
I'm just here to argue.
You should feel sorry for my kids, we live a horrible life. I'm also the worst dad.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
Pro Tip: If you don’t want to be labeled Nazis, stop appealing to guys in Camp Auschwitz shirts, or conventions full of people shouting “Heil Trump”, or Tennessee Holocaust book censors.
Lol. The other side calls people nazis and thats wrong!

No that's your side.

But, but, but, it's OK if our side does it!

• Haha
Reactions: cjr1310
Some days you’re more of a dummy than others, Joel.
FYI the Beverly Hillbillies were not from Tennessee. The Scopes trial was roughly 100 years ago, when many rural Americans shared a similar idea rejecting evolution.
If you believe Tennessee is caught in some isolated time-freeze warp and things have not changed, you’re at a place in your own life that you must be happy with. Speaking of provincial shallowness...
You don’t have to spend any energy pondering that, so I suppose that’s good for an old fart like you.
It is revealed that Granny was originally from the hills of Tennessee in The Beverly Hillbillies: Elly Races Jethrine (1962). In the following episode, The Beverly Hillbillies: The Great Feud (1962), that she and her family were specifically from Napoleon, Tennessee. We also find out the Mr. Drysdale's family was from the same town and that his mother's side of his family, the Bodkins, had been involved in a family feud with granny's family, the Moses family.

BAU that some use a difference of opinion to attack me.
Lack of self awareness my effing ass.
Your real reason for attacking me is in your sentence “not because you’re a Republican”.
Yes. It. Is.
You don't get "attacked", you get called out for your stupidity, hypocrisy and ignorance.

Reactions: goldmom
The holocaust aspect has been hashed out pretty well. The justification also reveals another issue.

Mouse nudity? We have some real prudes in this country.

Reactions: gohawks50

Well tell me then why Germany feels it is in the best interests of their children to mandate/require AKL their early teen school children to learn about the holocaust and the terror the Nazis ( Germans) wrought upon their fellow Europeans.
I witnessed personally literally thousands of school aged kids in Nuremberg on a SATURDAY no less touring the “documentation center” there fulfilling part of their requirement on WW2/holocaust education. If Germans of today believe it is in their best interests to fully educate and expose their kids to “facts” why is it a bad idea for Americans to let our youth understand the truth about, say race relations and the role of slavery in America?

Well tell me then why Germany feels it is in the best interests of their children to mandate/require AKL their early teen school children to learn about the holocaust and the terror the Nazis ( Germans) wrought upon their fellow Europeans.
I witnessed personally literally thousands of school aged kids in Nuremberg on a SATURDAY no less touring the “documentation center” there fulfilling part of their requirement on WW2/holocaust education. If Germans of today believe it is in their best interests to fully educate and expose their kids to “facts” why is it a bad idea for Americans to let our youth understand the truth about, say race relations and the role of slavery in America?
How about we beat one topic to death before beginning a re-hash of another one?

I was completely correct in what I said -- these are religious folk that get their panties in a bunch about cussing and swearing, not people interested in removing teachings about the holocaust for whatever nefarious reason. (as the discussion in linked material below indicates)

Last edited:
I was completely correct in what I said -- these are religious folk that get their panties in a bunch about cussing and swearing, not people interested in removing teachings about the holocaust for whatever nefarious reason. (as the discussion in linked material below indicates)

Chris has a rosy interpretation of that discussion. That said, you can sign up for his newsletter to get his latest work on critical race theory, homelessness, addiction, progressivism, and other afflictions.

Chris has a rosy interpretation of that discussion. That said, you can sign up for his newsletter to get his latest work on critical race theory, homelessness, addiction, progressivism, and other afflictions.

I didn't bother to read his comments. I read the discussion.

No, it was one of many books I read in College in a holocaust literature class. The ATOS reading level is 3.2. That's equivalent to 3rd grade reading level. I know, for you, that is difficult to comprehend. He had to read a historical fiction book for a school assignment. The book was of his choosing and I recommended he consider it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT