ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee

Aug 12, 2016
Alright, do we stand a chance in this game? I haven't paid much attention to them this year, I just know they were ranked #1 for a while. 29-5 with wins against Kentucky and Gonzaga. How do we match up with them? What are their strengths?

New season and different pressures, Hell yes we have a Chance. Keep shooting well and finally get some real play from Cook. I think we are in it.

Reactions: Moral
Alright, do we stand a chance in this game? I haven't paid much attention to them this year, I just know they were ranked #1 for a while. 29-5 with wins against Kentucky and Gonzaga. How do we match up with them? What are their strengths?
They stand a chance in any game if they play their game & can get shots to fall

Reactions: hawkfan1963
Gonna need to play their best, no doubt about it.

Hopefully it's a later game to give us any extra rest we can get! Yes, we....I need some rest too :D

Reactions: Hawkeye_Pride06
Need to play like we did against Michigan in that home game. Make threes and free throws. Do a better job on the boards and limit turnovers. I know, easier said than done.

Colgate is giving UT fits. Iowa has pretty good shot at Sweet16 if Colgate wins. If UT wins, Iowa could still have a shot if they continue to shoot well and and Tyler cook and Moss show up.

I had Iowa beating Cincinnnati and losing to UT. Would be great to see Iowa win.....at very least make it a game.

Tennessee is far from unbeatable. They hit a pair of very late threes against mighty Colgate (#15 seed), or they wouldn't be playing anybody on Sunday.

Of course the Vols are good, but it's mostly about Iowa. Get some early rebounds, keep hitting shots, play smart and with energy, and the team that gave Michigan its biggest loss of the year most certainly can beat Tennessee.

Reactions: JAMAM
Tyler Smith went there

and they killed us a few years ago in the Gator Bowl.

That's all I got

Reactions: GRT2B1
Colgate gave Tennessee everything they wanted. Tennessee hasn't looked very good these last couple of games. I think there still tired from that Kentucky game. Jbo has no shot at guarding Bone, but he is lazy on defense and think JBo will be able to get off some threes. Will have to put Moss or Dailey on Bone. Iowa has size advantage inside and should dominate them. Tennessee lives and dies by the three.
This is should be fun!

Reactions: Moral
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/tennessee-volunteers/stats

They really wanted to push the pace early against Colgate when they had control of the game. They started with kind of a traditional 3 forward lineup where I saw all three post up at least once. 7 guys played meaningful minutes.

They rank in the 200's in 3 pointers allowed. They're in the 300's in 3 point attempts although they do shoot a good percent from the arc. Colgate played a zone that forced UT to settle which bit them until the end when they connected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT