ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible Christmas movies thread

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I was channel surfing after Iowa crushed Wisconsin and came upon Jingle All The Way starring Arnold. I only caught the last 15 minutes, but, is part of the premise really that people cannot see that Arnold's character, and Turboman are not one and the same? Does the visor somehow mask the Austrian accent?
Other suggestions for bad Christmas movies?

The Santa Clause was a terrible takeoff of Miracle on 34th Street.

And Tim Allen’s a snitch.

I was channel surfing after Iowa crushed Wisconsin and came upon Jingle All The Way starring Arnold. I only caught the last 15 minutes, but, is part of the premise really that people cannot see that Arnold's character, and Turboman are not one and the same? Does the visor somehow mask the Austrian accent?
Other suggestions for bad Christmas movies?
No, that’s not really the premise.

Nothing quite like a made for TV Christmas movie.

I do want to see this Mel Gibson Christmas movie (Fatman). Maybe check it out if this LSU FLorida game gets boring.

Turn on the Hallmark Channel right now.

Some late 30-something year old actress you may recognize by face but not by name. Shortly before Christmas she returns to the small hell hole she grew up in, but now it is Christmas and she and Dad hug and tell each other how much they love each other (no incest or bestiality on the Hallmark channel.

91wYLF1FakL._SL1500_.jpg

Seems like it's been forever since a new "tradition type" Christmas movie has come out. A movie like Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Elf, A Christmas Story, Polar Express, etc.

Seems like it's been forever since a new "tradition type" Christmas movie has come out. A movie like Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Elf, A Christmas Story, Polar Express, etc.

I was thinking about this too. The only thing I could come up with is having a "Christmas" movie is controversial. There are a million commericals that have all Christmas themed everything but can't say the word for fear of offending someone. Heck, Christmas isn't even a religious holiday to many anymore and we still can't say it.

Edit- didn't want to derail a thread to make it political nor do I believe that people don't have the right to celebrate whatever they want.

I never liked Christmas Vacation, besides the 10 second cleavage scene. It was more slapstick, dumb funny? I dunno - just didn’t do anything for me.

interesting tidbit

Not a fan of “A Christmas Story.” “Christmas Story” (Joulutarina), a Finnish film, is much better. It tells the story of Santa Claus.

I know what the reaction will be, but...

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (w/ Jim Carrey)

Elf

I'd be good with never even seeing an ad including either again.
Elf is a national fvcking treasure, A NATIONAL FVCKING TREASURE.

• Love
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Elf is a national fvcking treasure, A NATIONAL FVCKING TREASURE.

Will Ferrell is a horrible, unfunny actor who ruins everything he touches. The only good thing he ever did was the SNL "Cowbell" skit.

Sorry, facts

Office Christmas Party is pretty good. Not really a family movie though so a bit different from your list.

ADVERTISEMENT