ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Brands Quote re: Spencer Lee

tigerguy_

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2003
Taken from Blair's article on the front page:

Q: Do you ever take the time to reflect back on what Spencer Lee did this year? It’s pretty amazing given the injury he had a year ago.

BRANDS: I don’t know that I sit back and reflect. I am really pleased with the way he competed. He was impressive down the stretch and impressive out front. What he did was not easy and to be able to come back from not just a knee injury, but a shoulder injury as well. He is probably stronger and better than he ever has been and that’s a testament to his work ethic........

To think that he is even stronger is crazy, because I thought from the first time seeing him wrestle that his strength/grip must be insanely strong already.

Taken from Blair's article on the front page:

Q: Do you ever take the time to reflect back on what Spencer Lee did this year? It’s pretty amazing given the injury he had a year ago.

BRANDS: I don’t know that I sit back and reflect. I am really pleased with the way he competed. He was impressive down the stretch and impressive out front. What he did was not easy and to be able to come back from not just a knee injury, but a shoulder injury as well. He is probably stronger and better than he ever has been and that’s a testament to his work ethic........

To think that he is even stronger is crazy, because I thought from the first time seeing him wrestle that his strength/grip must be insanely strong already.
as gibbons mention in the dual against tOSU, Lee must be the best rope climber with grip he has in his hands and forearms

Hate Iowa but will be Pennsylvania proud when he goes down as the best wrestler that school has ever had.

I imagine many from Iowa are “Iowa Proud” that it took a great wrestler from Iowa State to finally get that PSU program to the top, despite being located right in the center of arguably the best wrestling state in the country.

Last edited:
Oh look, the resident dumbfck is here.

I really L I K E you!

I have my own personal stalker. As the saying goes,"You aren't a true forum poster until you have your own stalker!"

Thanks for letting me know all my hard work has paid off. Keep up the good work and I just may send you an autographed photo!

I thought Hall was from Kentucky
Hall is NOT from MN! Michigan, I guess is his identity. New rule in MN in regards to not repeating Varsity seasons has been installed. The "Hall Rule" in regards to being a Redshirt 7th grader. Sad really. He is very smart book wise. His daddy is making out just fine at Happy Valley. wtf

EDIT: Sorry for thread jacking this away from Lee

Last edited:
Because Hall repeated 7th grade, MN now has a rule installed which states a wrestler is only allowed 6 seasons to participate in varsity (maybe JV) competition.
Iowa needs to implement this and get some of those kids wrestling varsity. Way too many forfeits in dual meets

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT