ADVERTISEMENT

Teske/Sasso/R. Jordan/Hidlay

Tom Brands said in an interview with Todd Connor that the weekend of Sept 23rd will be Iowa's big recruiting weekend. I hope all of those guys and a few more will be in attendance. Also Sasso has a more realistic chance of wrestling 41 then Lugo.

Last edited:
Any news on any of these folks?

Any news on any of these folks?

Teske, Sasso, R. Jordan and Hidlay

News is, Rocky is a better fisherman than wrestler.

Rocky Jordan‏@rocky_jordan2
3x state champ, bass fishing 2x state champ, wrestling

DBlFc-NXUAEdaWC.jpg

Last edited:
Teske was at the Cyclone RTC practice outside of Jack Trice during the tailgate on Saturday. Along with Bennett, Reeves, Schriever, Ayala, Lara, Shapiro, Roland, Kesterson and Biscoglia - according to CF..

Dresser really needs to get some good news to keep the fans semi excited. Flipping a commit from UW/LaCrosse isn't enough.

He's finding out that getting an east coast kid to Ames is a bit tougher than getting them to VT. There simply aren't enough elite kids in the midwest to do it. Since the Iowa high school powers seem to shift every 3-4 years, I guess he's trying to make a splash with Fort Dodge area right now. It does make sense from a logistics standpoint, so we'll see if Teske is that splash.

Dresser has Sasso, Brayton Lee and Will Lewan scheduled for visits this fall, see if he lands them or not though. He has definitely been focusing on Iowa it seems big time..

Teske was at the Cyclone RTC practice outside of Jack Trice during the tailgate on Saturday. Along with Bennett, Reeves, Schriever, Ayala, Lara, Shapiro, Roland, Kesterson and Biscoglia - according to CF..
Teske has attended workouts in Ames for a long time. That is due to proximity, nothing related to the program.

I am hearing its between Iowa and PSU.

ISU is not out of it, but they are a distant third.
This is technically correct. I would give ISU a 5% chance. Dresser would really have to pull off a miracle, but he is working hard at it.

I'd put PSU in the lead right now. Spencer Lee is a problem for this, and imo Teske should not be a top priority for the Hawks because of Lee. Still don't think Teske ever becomes a full size 33.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Did they have a workout at the Humboldt CRTC fundraiser a couple weeks ago too? Had to have been, since he was at that.. No way he would be there other than for a workout and it's close proximity..

And to add to that - he has been to multiple CRTC fundraisers.

Last edited:
No workout in Humboldt, just a fundraiser. Been 2 in Humboldt & he was been at both

No workout in Humboldt, just a fundraiser. Been 2 in Humboldt & he was been at both

I was being sarcastic, I know there wasn't a workout - mr crabs said he only goes to Ames to workout and has nothing to do with the program. ISU is out*

*5% chance now that someone else said that ISU was a distant 3rd.

Reactions: natchrlman
Did they have a workout at the Humboldt CRTC fundraiser a couple weeks ago too? Had to have been, since he was at that.. No way he would be there other than for a workout and it's close proximity..

And to add to that - he has been to multiple CRTC fundraisers.

It's not like Humboldt is halfway across the state, it's 25 minutes away from FD. It would go along with the idea that Dresser is trying really hard by inviting him to all of these events.

It's not like Humboldt is halfway across the state, it's 25 minutes away from FD. It would go along with the idea that Dresser is trying really hard by inviting him to all of these events.
I agree Dresser seems to be trying really hard - My point was that the notion he has zero interest in the program and only goes to the CRTC practices is unfounded.

Reactions: buf87
I was being sarcastic, I know there wasn't a workout - mr crabs said he only goes to Ames to workout and has nothing to do with the program. ISU is out*

Gotcha!

I never said ISU was out, so that is simply not true. I think it is between Iowa and PSU. There are minimal chances that other things could occur, but not going to list them all.

From what I heard second hand, he likes ISU, but the team sucks so he is having a hard time getting past that. So, Cael can sell him on being the starting 125 on a dynasty, and Brands can sell him on being a world team member at the lighter weights.

If Iowa and ISU were the same distance from his house, there is no doubt where he would be visiting more often.

Reactions: B1S3K3SC
Just a thought but do you think he would be welcomed to practice there if he said he had no interest in the program or refused to attend any fundraisers? I think crab legs is inferring that any interest he may have is due to proximity and location.

Just a thought but do you think he would be welcomed to practice there if he said he had no interest in the program or refused to attend any fundraisers? I think crab legs is inferring that any interest he may have is due to proximity and location.
Yes. He would. The CRTC is open to any high-school wrestler who lives within 250 miles of Iowa State University and who finished in the Top 4 in the state Folkstyle tournament or in the Top 4 in the state Freestyle or Greco competitions. If Teske committed today to Iowa or PSU, he would still be welcomed there.

Crabs was throwing out "second hand info" that I called BS on.

Reactions: Mpchillin
And secondly. While proximity is a plus, he is going there because practices are ran by Brent Metcalf, Mike Zadick and DSJ. His interest is in the coaches. Not the past team or program that Jackson ran.

And secondly. While proximity is a plus, he is going there because practices are ran by Brent Metcalf, Mike Zadick and DSJ. His interest is in the coaches. Not the past team or program that Jackson ran.
Was he going there before they were there or is this a new thing started by the new coaches?

I never said ISU was out, so that is simply not true. I think it is between Iowa and PSU. There are minimal chances that other things could occur, but not going to list them all.

From what I heard second hand, he likes ISU, but the team sucks so he is having a hard time getting past that. So, Cael can sell him on being the starting 125 on a dynasty, and Brands can sell him on being a world team member at the lighter weights.

If Iowa and ISU were the same distance from his house, there is no doubt where he would be visiting more often.

All of this is just you guessing. You have zero clue to what Brands & Sanderson are "selling" him. Just as you have zero idea ISU has "5%" chance of landing him. I know an ex FD state champ and ICCC AA whom is also a big hawk fan. He knows the kids in that room. From what he said Teske has no leader and likes Minn, PSU, Iowa & ISU. It's about coaches, training partners, & how comfortable he is with the school. The part of not wanting to go on a bad team was never brought at all.

Reactions: buf87 and B1S3K3SC
All of this is just you guessing. You have zero clue to what Brands & Sanderson are "selling" him. Just as you have zero idea ISU has "5%" chance of landing him. I know an ex FD state champ and ICCC AA whom is also a big hawk fan. He knows the kids in that room. From what he said Teske has no leader and likes Minn, PSU, Iowa & ISU. It's about coaches, training partners, & how comfortable he is with the school. The part of not wanting to go on a bad team was never brought at all.
You, sir, need to read better. I never said I knew what Brands or Sanderson are selling. I just know what they have to sell.

Im not just guessing. I spoke with someone on Saturday who works at FDSH and asked Teske about it on Friday.

Reactions: FD_HWC
Losing a local kid to PSU will be a bunch of salt on a fairly large sore that just won't heal.

The CRTC was started by Dresser & staff, but I think Teske may have been coming to some CWC practices with Pausons. Not 100% on that though

THIS. It's not like Minny losing Hall to PSU or PSU losing Lee to Iowa. These guys are world class. Teske is very good, but not world class.

If Spencer or Teske were surefire 125 and 133, I would be thinking differently. I do think Tom thinks that everything will fall into place weight wise. However, Teske would not even be the most credentialed Iowa kid on the team if we got him. I do like him though, and think he has a lot of potential in the right hands.

Perfect. So your secondhand info is better than Crabs?
I choose to believe Crabs because I am a Hawk fan

Goodness, you ISU fans sure are testy. Sheesh.
You can understand the frustration from ISU fans. The staff came on board with lots of hoopla and have yet to snag an elite or top 20 recruit, to date. Dresser is going to be pretty disappointed if Teske doesn't end up there considering the emphasis he has put into his recruitment... from many reports.

It's also a big priority to beat the Hawks for his services. Teske is a bigger need, from many angles, for ISU than he is for the Hawks.

Reactions: crablegs1
Yes. He would. The CRTC is open to any high-school wrestler who lives within 250 miles of Iowa State University and who finished in the Top 4 in the state Folkstyle tournament or in the Top 4 in the state Freestyle or Greco competitions. If Teske committed today to Iowa or PSU, he would still be welcomed there.

Crabs was throwing out "second hand info" that I called BS on.

That's not true. Often, when people commit elsewhere the coaches tell them they aren't invited anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT