ADVERTISEMENT

Teske's top 5

I'm still going with the Hawks ... He comes from a Hawkeye family ... Brody is very low key as is his dad ... I grew up with his father and I truly believe in the end Brody dons the black and gold ... No insider information ... Just my "gut" feeling ... If it's not Iowa then I think he ends up in Ames.

I think he's at PSU if Suriano leaves.
I'm fine if he goes to PSU if Suriano leaves, so long as Suriano comes here.

Suriano has already said he wants to go 133. Teske is small for 133. He'd slot in at 125 for Penn State. Let Teasdale and RBY duke it out at 133, with the loser moping on the bench and the winner wrestling Suriano in CHA.

Up 6-0 in the dual after 133, I'd take that.

I'm not sure how Minnesota gets put on that list. PSU is really good right now, ISU has a change of direction and it's close to home, Iowa is Iowa. What does Minnesota bring to the table in this recruiting battle?

Minnesota is still a pretty strong program and Sanders is starting to get talked about as a fine coach as can be attested to by Lizak making the Finals.

You are just so spoiled with having Brands, Brands, Dennis, Ramos(formerly), McDonough, Gilman and Clark that you understandably can't see what other teams have to offer!

Reactions: Jaybird319
I'm not sure how Minnesota gets put on that list. PSU is really good right now, ISU has a change of direction and it's close to home, Iowa is Iowa. What does Minnesota bring to the table in this recruiting battle?
Coached their 125 lber to a higher finisher than Gilman last year. :) Also, Sanders a very good coach. McKee X 2 to practice with. Team with the highest GPA in the big ten. New facilities too. Not like the one Iowa is getting though.

EDIT: He beat me to it.

Reactions: 9Hawks

It sounds like he wants to stay close to home. Which makes PSU a real long shot. IMHO

Suriano has already said he wants to go 133. Teske is small for 133. He'd slot in at 125 for Penn State. Let Teasdale and RBY duke it out at 133, with the loser moping on the bench and the winner wrestling Suriano in CHA.

12-0. FIFY :D

It sounds like he wants to stay close to home. Which makes PSU a real long shot. IMHO
He took an unofficial earlier in the summer and will take an official visit this fall. Maybe he doesn't know where PA is on a map because that's a whole lotta interest and time and expense for a long shot. I don't expect him to sign with PSU, but he is interested in PSU, and it seems as more than a passing fancy.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
He took an unofficial earlier in the summer and will take an official visit this fall. Maybe he doesn't know where PA is on a map because that's a whole lotta interest and time and expense for a long shot. I don't expect him to sign with PSU, but he is interested in PSU, and it seems as more than a passing fancy.

And you'll have an opening for him soon.

PSU
ISU
IOWA
UNI
MINNESOTA

Reactions: el dub and Novakht
He is nuts to go anywhere but Iowa unless he just doesn't project to a spot there. ISU can likely offer more money but he won't be as good in that room. I think PSU would be a huge error in judgment for a number of reasons although if he went there and it goes south then he might have some interesting tales to tell.

Taking a free visit is one thing. Being really interested is another. If I were his parents, I would say take the visit to be sure, even if you want to stay close to home. At least you will be sure and you can say you looked at it. Maybe he only wants PSU and is just filling his list up with schools that are close, but I am guessing that he wants to stay close to home. No inside info at all, just reading the tea leaves. Disclaimer: I am wrong way more than I am right. I should change my name to -
lookright gowrong.

The debate is Teske vs Pat Glory, not Teske vs Suriano, although if Suriano leaves, Teske may get more interest. Otherwise, Glory is a target long term.
You just made a good point about why Teske may or may not go to MN - Patrick Mckee.
I think Teske ends up at UNI.

He's deciding September 1. Doubt there's a fall visit in order.

Reactions: PinsNpints

Link to Suriano saying that?

Taking a free visit is one thing. Being really interested is another. If I were his parents, I would say take the visit to be sure, even if you want to stay close to home. At least you will be sure and you can say you looked at it. Maybe he only wants PSU and is just filling his list up with schools that are close, but I am guessing that he wants to stay close to home. No inside info at all, just reading the tea leaves. Disclaimer: I am wrong way more than I am right. I should change my name to -
lookright gowrong.

If Teske took an unofficial visit to PSU (or any other school, for that matter), it wasn't free.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT