ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla “Dramatically” Slashes Prices As Stock Plummets

Because on the most recent investor call Elon said they won’t begin mass production until 2024.

Ahh right, difference between production and mass production, factories/lines usually take around a year or so to ramp. So both can and will likely be true. Production start Q3/Q4 2023, 12 month ramp, Q3/Q4 2024 high volume / mass production.

Ahh right, difference between production and mass production, factories/lines usually take around a year or so to ramp. So both can and will likely be true. Production start Q3/Q4 2023, 12 month ramp, Q3/Q4 2024 high volume / mass production.
The Cybertruck is so behind schedule that some auto experts wonder if it has become another example of Mr. Musk’s penchant for pushing technological boundaries to the brink of disaster, Ewing writes. In 2018, his determination to build a highly automated assembly line for the Model 3 sedan led to “production hell” and nearly killed the company before he opted for more standard manufacturing practices. This time it’s the use of stainless steel for the Cybertruck’s body that has industry experts shaking their heads. Stainless steel resists corrosion and doesn’t need to be painted, eliminating a production cost and the need for environmentally toxic chemical coatings. But it is also expensive and difficult to shape and weld. Stainless steel is typically heavier than the steel used in most other cars, reducing driving range.

Tesla said in an earnings report last month that it would begin producing the Cybertruck before the end of this year. But Mr. Musk qualified that statement during a conference call with analysts and investors, saying the company wouldn’t begin making the vehicle in large numbers until 2024. When Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck, it said the vehicle would go on sale in 2021.

I think hybrid is solid right now and a great stop gap until electric becomes fully green and practical.

I get 40mph gallon in the 22 Toyota Camry Hybrid work owned car.

I get 30 in my 19 Camaro SS.

Not a big difference.

I am sure it would be more of a difference as most of that is highway miles with a climb from 2000 feet to 5500 over the pass and back down again.

Put in about 100 straight highway miles, depending on route, and between 50 and 100 city miles per day.

Dude was already caught sponsoring a hit piece that showed in the video they used the tech wasn’t even activated. His own hitpiece proved dude is a conman. Believe him if you will.

What he won’t disclose is that both Tesla AND SpaceX are competitors of his crappy software company.
So he’s doctoring the videos and falsifying the tests? Has Tesla sued him? Seems like a slam dunk case. If not, why not?

So he’s doctoring the videos and falsifying the tests? Has Tesla sued him? Seems like a slam dunk case. If not, why not?

Yes. He is doctoring videos.

Here is an example.

“slow it down and the PRND and AP wheel disappear.”

They were wiped because it would show the system was not engaged.

I do hope this asshole gets sued. Elon just hired a new General Counsel attorney for the legal team.

Last edited:
Yes. He is doctoring videos.

Here is an example.

“slow it down and the PRND and AP wheel disappear.”

There were wiped because it would show the system was not engaged.

I do hope this asshole gets sued. Elon just hired a new General Counsel attorney for the legal team.

Should be easy to prove if that’s the case, so I’d expect them to sue. Otherwise, sounds like an empty Trump threat.

Should be easy to prove if that’s the case, so I’d expect them to sue. Otherwise, sounds like an empty Trump threat.

Proving defamation and harm is notoriously difficult. I fully expect him to get slapped with a cease and desist order eventually. When exactly, I don’t know. Musk has bigger fish to fry than some jealous douchebag running a smear campaign against a competitor.

Nah, not if they’re doctoring videos.
I suspect Tesla doesn’t want to expose all the problems.

The problem with Dan’s claims is that his entire premise is based on a strawman. Tesla formally markets and delivers autopilot and FSD as Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance System. The driver is fully responsible for operation of the vehicle at all times. When autopilot is engaged, just the same as “cruise control” is engaged on a normal car, the driver is responsible! When FSD is engaged, the driver is fully responsible! Tesla states this very clearly in every warning in the car. You may not use FSD without reading and agreeing to this stipulation over and over. FSD does not come turned “on” with any Tesla. You have to read and agree to the terms. Tesla actively ensures driver use the software responsibly. Drivers get 5 strikes and then lose access.

Dan’s claims are baseless that is why the NHTSA does nothing. He wasted $7 million tonight. What a jackass.

The problem with Dan’s claims is that his entire premise is based on a strawman. Tesla formally markets and delivers autopilot and FSD as Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance System. The driver is fully responsible for operation of the vehicle at all times. When autopilot is engaged, just the same as “cruise control” is engaged on a normal car. When FSD is engaged, the driver is fully responsible! Tesla states this very clearly in every warning in the car. You may not use FSD without reading and agreeing to this stipulation over and over. FSD does not come turned “on” with any Tesla. You have to read and agree to the terms. Tesla actively ensures driver use the software responsibly. Drivers get 5 strikes and then lose access.

Dan’s claims are baseless that is why the NHTSA does nothing. He wasted $7 million tonight. What a jackass.
Sounds like deceptive advertising then. Should be Not Full Self-Driving.

Sounds like deceptive advertising then. Should be Not Full Self-Driving.

Perhaps. The name Full Self Driving is aspirational. FSD is sold stating it will be feature complete in the future. Not presently. The FSD software a customer buys explicitly states “Beta” ie in development. Again, Dan is misleading people. Just like he misled you.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Perhaps. The name Full Self Driving is aspirational. FSD is sold stating it will be feature complete in the future. Not presently. The FSD software a customer buys explicitly states “Beta” ie in development. Again, Dan is misleading people. Just like he misled you.
Hmmm…I’ve always thought Musk and Tesla are misleading people by calling it Full Self-Driving. It’s nothing if the sort if you have to keep hands on the wheel and pay attention to everything that’s going on and be ready to react.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Hmmm…I’ve always thought Musk and Tesla are misleading people by calling it Full Self-Driving. It’s nothing if the sort if you have to keep hands on the wheel and pay attention to everything that’s going on and be ready to react.
It’s aspirational!

Hopefully Honda follows a similar marketing strategy for the next civic and claims it’s a spaceship…cause that what they would have liked it to be!

It’s aspirational!

Hopefully Honda follows a similar marketing strategy for the next civic and claims it’s a spaceship…cause that what they would have liked it to be!
Yep, that’s my point.

All the bragging about FSD, but when it runs over kids and stops short…”Hey, we told you it’s Beta! You signed paperwork!”

It’s aspirational!

Some day cars will drive themselves and i hope all the ungrateful punks along the way never get access. :)

Yep, that’s my point.

All the bragging about FSD, but when it runs over kids and stops short…”Hey, we told you it’s Beta! You signed paperwork!”

It hasn’t run over any kids. 90 million miles(?), no such incident.

I have asked Dan O’Dowd directly on Twitter:

“If FSD is so dangerous, where are the high profile accidents?”

Crickets from Dan….because…Surprise!

THERE ARENT ANY! HELLO!

THERE ARENT ANY! HELLO!
Probably because most people are keeping hands on wheel and paying attention and not relying on FSD (as you say Tesla commands them to do).

Look, I think it would be cool if this is functional someday. It will be interesting if Tesla sues this guy or if they just sit quietly knowing he’s actually not full of shit.

Probably because most people are keeping hands on wheel and paying attention and not relying on FSD (as you say Tesla commands them to do).

Look, I think it would be cool if this is functional someday. It will be interesting if Tesla sues this guy or if they just sit quietly knowing he’s actually not full of shit.

There are no high profile accidents because FSD + an attentive driver is MUCH MUCH safer than an average driver. Tesla and insurers have the data to back it up.

Teslas don’t allow you to stare at your phone while driving. You get an immediate audible alert and on screen red warning (Pay attention immediately!) If FSD is engaged and you stare at your phone too long, you get a strike and the system disengages. Back to manual driving. Five strikes, you lose access.

There are safeguards, dickhead Dan doesn’t mention them. Why?

The California DOT recently tested both Autopilot and FSD. Guess what? Still nothing from them about banning the software. Only a dummy Cali State Representative pushing to change the name of FSD. NOT to disallow the software on the roads. Only caught up on the name. That should tell you plenty. It’s not about the software / technology.

THERE ARENT ANY! HELLO!
You are a gullible rube.

WashingtonCNN —
A driver told authorities that their Tesla’s “full-self-driving” software braked unexpectedly and triggered an eight-car pileup in the San Francisco Bay Area last month that led to nine people being treated for minor injuries including one juvenile who was hospitalized, according to a California Highway Patrol traffic crash report.

Teslas account for 273 of nearly 400 US crashes involving driver-assist systems

US automakers reported nearly 400 crashes in 10 months involving vehicles with partially automated driver-assist systems, including 273 with Teslas, according to statistics released by federal safety regulators.

Tesla driver first to be charged in fatal crash involving Autopilot​

A Tesla driver involved in a fatal wreck in California over two years ago while using Autopilot has been charged with two counts of vehicular manslaughter.

Huh.

Tesla recalling nearly 363,000 vehicles equipped with ‘Full Self-Driving’​

A software update?
oh-no.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT