ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla no longer accepting Bitcoin.

I gave you a frame of reference in the post. Basically, if we don't get a handle on climate change, whatever damages mines for batteries make won't matter.
And you think cars in the US are the major contributing factor to the climate changing?

No.
Until China and India address their manufacturing pollution, anything you, I or any amount of "regular" people do is essentially useless.

Funny you bring that up. China is making the switch to EVs much faster than the US. They are going to eat our lunch while our government and special interests drag their feet grabbing for every last dirty polluting dollar they can get their greedy little hands on.

Funny you bring that up. China is making the switch to EVs much faster than the US. They are going to eat our lunch while our government and special interests drag their feet grabbing for every last dirty polluting dollar they can get their greedy little hands on.
Again, manufacturing, not personal vehicles

No.
Until China and India address their manufacturing pollution, anything you, I or any amount of "regular" people do is essentially useless.
"Why don't the other countries lead on this issue?" is totally a position a Trump bagger would take.

Again, manufacturing, not personal vehicles
The major carbon emissions come from driving the cars, not producing them. And before you bring up some irrelevant to this discussion tangent like, "But China uses so much coal power", we are talking about the contribution of cars to carbon emissions, not power generation. That's a different issue that also needs to be addressed.

"Why don't the other countries lead on this issue?" is totally a position a Trump bagger would take.
If you have a way of convincing China and India to change their manufacturing practices, please share - I'd be 100% on board.
The major carbon emissions come from driving the cars, not producing them. And before you bring up some irrelevant to this discussion tangent like, "But China uses so much coal power", we are talking about the contribution of cars to carbon emissions, not power generation. That's a different issue that also needs to be addressed.
No, we are talking about damage from any and all manufacturing that contributes to climate change.

If you have a way of convincing China and India to change their manufacturing practices, please share - I'd be 100% on board.

No, we are talking about damage from any and all manufacturing that contributes to climate change.
I mean, if you think the only option is to return to an 18th century economy I guess that is an option that would save us from climate change but I don't think there will be very many people that get on board with that.

As for China and India, it's not an easy fix but saying, "You first" isn't a method that will work very well, and even if it does then all the benefits of being the leader of something go to them. We are giving up jobs and economic growth by doing that.

Figure-1.png

china%20emissions_0.jpg

I mean, if you think the only option is to return to an 18th century economy I guess that is an option that would save us from climate change but I don't think there will be very many people that get on board with that.

As for China and India, it's not an easy fix but saying, "You first" isn't a method that will work very well, and even if it does then all the benefits of being the leader of something go to them. We are giving up jobs and economic growth by doing that.
Again, you still seem to be under the impression the US is in a position to make a significant impact - it's not. No matter what the US does, climate will continue to change because of Asia.
If you think Asian countries will change their practices based on US examples, how's the human rights issue going over there???

Again, you still seem to be under the impression the US is in a position to make a significant impact - it's not. No matter what the US does, climate will continue to change because of Asia.
If you think Asian countries will change their practices based on US examples, how's the human rights issue going over there???

This seems like a deflection. We cannot control them, we can control what our country chooses to encourage and subsidize.

End all fossil fuel subsidies now and let the market decide. We can’t do that because there are too many fossil fuel and legacy auto lobbyists controlling out government policy. Oil, nat gas, and coal companies are not properly bearing the cost their pollution has on the environment. They never have been held accountable, ever!

These companies are the biggest corporate welfare queens after defense spending. They cannot compete on a level playing field, the only way they will survive is to continue to cheat and continue to pollute our rivers, lakes, oceans, and the air we breathe without repercussions.

This seems like a deflection. We cannot control them, we can control what our country chooses to encourage and subsidize.

End all fossil fuel subsidies now and let the market decide. We can’t do that because there are too many fossil fuel and legacy auto lobbyists controlling out government policy. Oil, nat gas, and coal companies are not properly bearing the cost their pollution has on the environment. They never have been held accountable, ever!

These companies are the biggest corporate welfare queens after defense spending. They cannot compete on a level playing field, the only way they will survive is to continue to cheat and continue to pollute our rivers, lakes, oceans, and the air we breathe without repercussions.
Your missing the point. If you want the theater and optics, have at it. But if you want to see an actual impact, keep searching.

I don't follow this closely, but how old is that info?

January 28, 2021
Cybertruck's design turned out to be incredibly inviting, but Tesla made some changes to its original appearance, which was unveiled at the presentation. However, for now, the company has finished all the development of the pickup, and is no longer iterating at the design level, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said during the Q4 2020 Earnings Call.
Tesla will first need to set mass production of 4680 battery cells that will power the electric pickup truck, which will probably only happen by the end of 2021. In this regard, Musk said that if the company is lucky, the first few deliveries of Cybertruck will begin in 2021, but mass production is not expected until 2022.

The mirror thing is kind of funny. Bumping into archaic law:

In the case of side mirrors - they are required by law in the U.S. (Europe already allows the use of cameras and displays), which means that they must stay in this form or something similar.
However, since owners are allowed to modify their vehicles, the side mirrors will probably be removable. As we understand, Tesla will make them easily removable so the owner could use cameras/displays instead.

I'm going out on a limb and expecting the company that most engineers want to go work for will come up with a windshield wiper. Just kind of hard to imagine the project gets this far, and falters on a windshield wiper.
Nailed it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT