ADVERTISEMENT

TEU

Also, not to say Fant never had any disagreements with the coaching staff, but everything I've ever heard is they handled those like adults, and parted ways on very good terms when he met with KF to discuss him sitting out the Outback Bowl.

He could've complained about his usage midseason and it would have been totally understandable whether or not you agreed with him, but he didn't. He handled it in-house like a man and a team player.

The TEU is an initiative/event/camp created by Kittle, Travis Kelce, and Greg Olson where TE's across the league come together for a 3 day event to watch film, run drills, and share techniques and insight between each other. Has nothing to do with Iowa.
Other than the fact that TEU was, as you stated, founded by Kittle who proclaimed Iowa is TEU well before the pro camp and often publicly declares Iowa as TEU

He couldn't/didn't block well, is that not correct? That was a beef I even heard announcers make his rookie year.

I don’t recall Fant making problems with underutilization. But I do recall some of his family making a lot of noise about it. Am I misremembering anything?

Reactions: TKingpin
Fant was criminally underutilized.
I still recall the Wisconsin night game at Kinnick with Fant lined up tight on the left side off the line, IMR, BS, and another wide out on the right side near Iowa’s endzone. Fant then goes in motion for a one on one iso opportunity numerous times that night only to see Stanley throw to the wide side with the three wide outs.

Nate had Fant at 6’ 5” going against a db 6’ or smaller multiple times and he never threw the ball to him to go up to get. Iowa lost that game due to two fumbles on special teams. I never understood why Nate didn’t throw the ball to Noah in those one on one situations where he could of boxed out the db for two touchdowns, instead settling for two field goals.

I still recall the Wisconsin night game at Kinnick with Fant lined up tight on the left side off the line, IMR, BS, and another wide out on the right side near Iowa’s endzone. Fant then goes in motion for a one on one iso opportunity numerous times that night only to see Stanley throw to the wide side with the three wide outs.

Nate had Fant at 6’ 5” going against a db 6’ or smaller multiple times and he never threw the ball to him to go up to get. Iowa lost that game due to two fumbles on special teams. I never understood why Nate didn’t throw the ball to Noah in those one on one situations where he could of boxed out the db for two touchdowns, instead settling for two field goals.

I never was a big Stanley fan😟

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

As big as he is, Fant was never a super physical receiver, nor has he been since entering the league. That wasn't his game.

He still caught two TD's that night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT