ADVERTISEMENT

Tevaun Smith One-Handed World Record

Originally posted by GT Hawkaholic:

i prefer the Weisman stretch myself, not impressed.
I lol'd

seriously though, I was one of the many begging them to get the ball into Smith's hands (or hand) all season. Really hope we see him getting more touches next year.

It really is ridiculous that we didn't get Tevaun more catches this year. He was clearly the best receiver on the team. Hopefully he has a McNutt-like year next season.

Oh CJ will get it to him, probably be his favorite target if Tevaun catches everything thrown to him.

yeah I can tell that KMM had no business being thrown too as he now holds the record for a WR in IA history nor did Duzey should never been thrown to,

KMM 49 catches 494 yards 2 TD's
Duzey 36 catches 392 yards 3 TD's
Smith 41 catches 559 yards 3 TD's

yeah I can tell how ignored Smith was by the coaches and JR. OMFG is this all you can do is make thing up to piss and moan about.

What Id like to know is how many PIs Tevaun caused.

Kilroy, a player getting 13 yards a reception needs more receptions than a player getting 10. If you seriously can't see the difference between the two athletes, you are dumber than I could have possibly imagined.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

its obvious that you ognore what each player meant to this team, KMM was the possession receiver, you are the one that is truly the idiot in this case.

2009 DJK 45 catches 750 yards,,McNutt 34 catches 674 yards Stross 31 catches 414 yards Moeaki 30 catches 387 yards

2010 McNutt 53 catches 861 yards DJK 46 catches 745 yards Reisner 42 catches 460 yards

2011 McNutt 82 catches 1315 yards. Davis 50 catches 713 yards, KMM 30 catches 323 yards

by your way of thinking none of thos other than the leading WR deserves catches, boy talk about being ignorant, KMM being the number 1 WR allowed Smith to have the yards he did. when teams concentrate on the teams #1 WR this opens it up for the #2 to look good.

How many balls did KMM drop? How many five yard outs did KMM take for five yards? Now the flip side: How many five yard outs did Tevaun take for 10+ yard gains? Quick looking at stats all the time. Watch the game as it happens as opposed to the box score at the end.

You will not find a single person on these message boards that agrees with you. Everyone sees and knows Tevaun was waaaaaay under utilized.

and none of you know jack about FB funny how you use his ypc stat to prove your point but look for ways to trash another players accomplishments.

as for caring about what msg poster think I could give a rip as you have numerous time just how ignorant about FB you really are.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

and none of you know jack about FB funny how you use his ypc stat to prove your point but look for ways to trash another players accomplishments.
I respect KMM but Tevaun is CLEARLY the more TALENTED receiver from an athletic standpoint. He can make plays after the catch that KMM couldn't (because Tevaun is faster). Also, KMM definitely had more drops than Tevaun last season.

Kilroy knows nothing about football. All he knows is box scores and star ratings. Apparently his logic is that KMM is the best WR in Iowa history. He was a decent receiver who should have been a good third option.

Like I said, we all have respect for KMM but not a single person would want the ball thrown his way rather than Tevaun. It's so simple, no wonder you miss the point.

SW again you show just how ignorant this board is KOK when he was the OC had his QB's throw the ball to him and now GD who has far more talented WR to work with had the ball thrown to him not EVERY ONE agrees with you people, this a board of pathetic posters who feel they know more than the coaches do.

OMFG go out and get a coaching job its not that hard and prove just how you really don't KNOW about FB and leave it to the people that get PAID to do a job you obviously know nothing about,

Originally posted by Curt Furence:

Originally posted by GT Hawkaholic:

i prefer the Weisman stretch myself, not impressed.
I lol'd

seriously though, I was one of the many begging them to get the ball into Smith's hands (or hand) all season. Really hope we see him getting more touches next year.
...and Willies...

Quite unfortunate that Tevaun will be a senior already. BUT at least he has the experience to be allowed to play.

Originally posted by SWIowahawks:

Originally posted by herkster8:
i'm starting to think we are the idiots and not Kilroy for running down his little rabbit trails.
I hear ya. I always ask myself why do I keep bothering.

It's more like moth's drawn to the flame....

KMM finished as Iowa's all-time leading receiver in terms of receptions, yet ranks #13 in terms of yardage which perfectly illustrates how pathetically conservative GD, JR, and Captain Careful are.

I'd like to consider myself fairly objective when balancing the good, bad, and the ugly of IA football. As regards the utilization of Tevaun Smith, or under-utilization to be more accurate, that was a HUGE miss. He should have had 10 targets a game....at least.

Originally posted by nu2u:

Those balls were clearly deflated.
BikVEzQCMAAtTbd.jpg:large

Originally posted by SWIowahawks:
No I assure you, EVERYONE will agree. You should check out what Adam Rittenberg tweeted.
Smith, who catches all 41 balls thrown to him in the video, had 43 actual receptions all season. Hope Greg Davis was watching.

Worst part about it is, he only averaged about 3.3 receptions a game this year. Which was mainly on JR and the OC.

I would appreciate it more if he could catch a pass during a bowl game. I was big on Smith since the beginning of last season but he had a couple drive killing drops against Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT