ADVERTISEMENT

Texas AG Flees His Home To Evade Subpoena Server

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
LOL... Another law and order conservative. You can run but you can't hide. Should be illegal for a government official to evade being served a subpoena that is related to their job.

The Texas Tribune reports:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton fled his home in a truck driven by his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, to avoid being served a subpoena Monday, according to an affidavit filed in federal court. Ernesto Martin Herrera, a process server, was attempting to serve the state’s top attorney with a subpoena for a federal court hearing Tuesday in a lawsuit from nonprofits that want to help Texans pay for abortions out of state.
When Herrera arrived at Paxton’s home in McKinney on Monday morning, he told a woman who identified herself as Angela that he was trying to deliver legal documents to the attorney general. She told him that Paxton was on the phone and unable to come to the door. Herrera said he would wait. Nearly an hour later, Angela Paxton then exited the house, got inside a Chevrolet truck in the driveway, started it and opened the doors.

I’ve been working. I also don’t know anything about this story so I’ll check it out tomorrow.
Short Version: 7 years ago the Texas AG was arrested on securities-fraud charges and somehow has yet to face a trial for that. Now, he's fleeing to avoid a subpoena in an abortion lawsuit. So, totally the guy you want in charge of prosecuting crimes in your state.

I'd give you a kissy emoji if I could
This politics stuff shouldn't be hard. Have a core set of ideals and call balls and strikes from there. Be consistent. I’d like to see that from the other side a whole lot more though. Too much ‘standing up for the team’ as I see it.

Reactions: Finance85
You know, it's hilarious how so many Republicans are running on how crime is so bad and then they have guys like this.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT