ADVERTISEMENT

Texas AG On School Shootings: “God Has A Plan”

I can't know what God's plan is now exactly. But, I do believe the shooter had free will. I also believe he was probably demonic.

See, it's possible to debate most everything. How do you know we're not living in a Matrix controlled by Martians?

We don't.

But, we hope to find out one day.
So the TX AG claiming is was God's plan was full of shit. Thnx. You could have said that pages ago.

God didn't "direct" him to do anything. He chose evil using his own free will.

God gets blamed for all the bad in America and no credit for the good.

It makes no sense to me.
There are sects of Christianity that emphasize what happens is all part of “God’s Devine plan”…Calvinism runs pretty deep thru most sects of fundamental, evangelical Christianity.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
It would actually have to be "defied" and "complied with" all at the same time... Can't defend Texas AG and God at the same time.
True...had he not gone to kill them then THAT would have become the plan, I suppose. Brian's god is fickle.

Are you f'n kidding here?

Now you're claiming the TX AG CAN know what the plan is? You really, REALLY need to sit down somewhere quiet and think deeply about what you actually believe because it appears you just make shit up as you go along.

I'm completely serious.

You're making some serious claims here about free will not existing.

I'll own that. Now how about what the Texas AG said? How does that fit with the Christian god?
Would anything I say change your mind on God? If so, feel free to email me @ username + gmail. I will answer any questions you have and don't mind sharing personal experiences.

Why did God create satan, know full well what suffering he would bring to the world?

Because Satan and his minions have an important role to play: they test us to make us choose God or not.

I was an atheist for 8 years. In August of 2016, I had a horrendous experience one night. I'm almost certain it was demonic.

So, I was an atheist but was tested and made a different choice. It's called free will. :)

Because Satan and his minions have an important role to play: they test us to make us choose God or not.

I was an atheist for 8 years. In August of 2016, I had a horrendous experience one night. I'm almost certain it was demonic.

So, I was an atheist but was tested and made a different choice. It's called free will. :)
Why does God need to test us?

I have 3 children, I have never felt the need to test them to see if they love me. Why would God need it?

Because He gave us free will and wants what's best for us, just like you want what's best for your children.

Because He gave us free will and wants what's best for us, just like you want what's best for your children.
My children also have free will to love me or not and I want what is best for them. I would never kill them or send them to everlasting torment because they didn’t love me.

• Love
Reactions: mattymoknows
My children also have free will to love me or not and I want what is best for them. I would never kill them or send them to everlasting torment because they didn’t love me.

I don't think God does that either.

He simply allows us to choose.

God didn't "direct" him to do anything. He chose evil using his own free will.

God gets blamed for all the bad in America and no credit for the good.

It makes no sense to me.
You've got this backwards. God gets credit for many miracles. People recovering from illness or kids being found alive in the woods after a few days. He never gets blamed for when the kid is found dead or the person dies in the hospital.

You've got this backwards. God gets credit for many miracles. People recovering from illness or kids being found alive in the woods after a few days. He never gets blamed for when the kid is found dead or the person dies in the hospital.

That's true, maybe it's 50/50 these days.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
No he sentences them to burn in hell forever.

They sentence themselves.

Perhaps this is an apt analogy: I have a cousin that's an alcoholic. Everyone is trying to help her stop drinking. She doesn't want to stop. She denies she has a problem. She lies about it.

We, her family, aren't forcing her to drink. She wants to and doesn't want to stop.

• Haha
He allows them to separate themselves from His love.
I really think your heart is in the right place but I just can’t think of believing in the God of Abraham, like you and I both grew up doing. There is just too much there that doesn’t make sense.

I really think your heart is in the right place but I just can’t think of believing in the God of Abraham, like you and I both grew up doing. There is just too much there that doesn’t make sense.

My advice is to go with Jesus. Start by praying and going to Church. It's totally fine if you have doubts.

Check out Masstimes.org

The thing is, we HAVE to choose. We have this brief life to choose. Not choosing, or remaining agnostic, is a choice.

In a few decades from now, we won't exist in the world, for billions and billions of years. Nothing is more real than that.

Missing out on eternal life, the entire purpose of our existence, is just too great a risk to take, IMO.

I recommend this book and interview.

Godspeed.

Amazon product ASIN 0830851364

They sentence themselves.

Perhaps this is an apt analogy: I have a cousin that's an alcoholic. Everyone is trying to help her stop drinking. She doesn't want to stop. She denies she has a problem. She lies about it.

We, her family, aren't forcing her to drink. She wants to and doesn't want to stop.
Does God have the power to direct people to Heaven?

If God doesn't allow them into Heaven has He really forgiven them? Why would He send someone He loves and has forgiven to damnation?

They have to truly want forgiveness. They have to ask for it.

Check out Catholic.com. Thousands of articles there with answers. (Although I'm happy to answer questions as best as I can.)

Does God have the power to direct people to Heaven?

Yes, but not in a way that destroys our free will.

It's like when you asked your wife (if you have one) to marry you.

Did you put a gun to her head and demand she say yes? Or did you ask for her consent?

Which one is true love?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT