ADVERTISEMENT

Texas AG On School Shootings: “God Has A Plan”

He provides no evidence. All he says is some people have believed this. Provide evidence that doesnt require faith.

He provides the "minimal facts" that are accepted by nearly all historians.

1.) Jesus's crucifixion
2.) His empty tomb
3.) Post resurrection appearances

Those are historical facts and have to be explained somehow. SOMETHING happened after Jesus was crucified. :)

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
He provides the "minimal facts" that are accepted by nearly all historians.

1.) Jesus's crucifixion
2.) His empty tomb
3.) Post resurrection appearances

Those are historical facts and have to be explained somehow. SOMETHING happened after Jesus was crucified. :)
1. and 2. are possibly facts, but is still debated. 3 is not a fact and there is zero evidence. Sorry.

3. is a fact.

10 out of the 12 Apostles died proclaiming they saw Jesus resurrected from the dead.
Yeah, thats not a real argument. Joseph Smith saw golden tablets and claimed that Moroni spoke to him; claimed so til the day he died. You believe that too?

I see why you would be so invested in this, but youre not convincing.

Yeah, thats not a real argument. Joseph Smith saw golden tablets and claimed that Moroni spoke to him; claimed so til the day he died. You believe that too?

Was Joseph Smith murdered because he made that claim? I seriously don't know.

If he didn't, then that is not even close to the same thing.

Reactions: HawkFan1298

I don't expect to convince people. I know most Americans are atheists now. They hate Christianity.

I don't believe Joseph Smith because he was arrested 40 times for crimes like bank fraud and had 40 wives, some as young as 14 years old. He had a reason to lie.

The Apostles had no such motives. They got no worldy benefit from spreading Jesus's message.

• Haha

If he didn't, then that is not even close to the same thing.
Romans killed Christians.. that doesnt prove they are right. Plenty of non-Christians have been killed for their beliefs. That doesnt prove anything.

I don't expect to convince people. I know most Americans are atheists now. They hate Christianity.

I don't believe Joseph Smith because he was arrested 40 times for crimes like bank fraud and had 40 wives, some as young as 14 years old. He had a reason to lie.

The Apostles had no such motives. They got no worldy benefit from spreading Jesus's message.

They got no benefit? You are still preaching their word, arent you?

Either way, your argument is not evidence. Sorry. You claimed there was overwhelming evidence and have provided none.

They got no benefit? You are still preaching their word, arent you?

Either way, your argument is not evidence. Sorry. You claimed there was overwhelming evidence and have provided none.

The Apostles were murdered. They were poor. They were celibate. They had no worldly benefit.

Don't believe me. Just ask Jesus if He is real. Be patient. Wait 6 months.

You'll see.

The Apostles were murdered. They were poor. They were celibate. They had no worldly benefit.

Don't believe me. Just ask Jesus if He is real. Be patient. Wait 6 months.

You'll see.
... also not proof. Still waiting on that overwhelming evidence.

I stated that it's not up to me to decide who gets to Heaven or not. I can speculate but in the end, it's not my call. It's a mystery.

Jesus said He is the way to Heaven. So, I put my trust in Him and the Church I believe He founded.

The "rules" are pretty clear. Love God, love neighbor. That's it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about free will.
The "rules" keep changing. Can I love God without going to church? Can I love God but have doubts about His existence and still get into Heaven?

If I only have to love God and my neighbor can I be disgusted with others? What of my neighbor is a terrible person - do I have to love them?

The problem with your religion and others are the massive inconsistencies and holes in the logic. Religion was established to establish some control over the masses. It has become a divisive force that is used to justify war and money grabs, among other nasty things.

We look back and wonder how people could have believed in Roman Gods, or witches, or littnies of other beliefs we now consider nonsense. In the distant future people will no doubt look back at is and wonder "what were they thinking" with regard to religion.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
The "rules" keep changing. Can I love God without going to church? Can I love God but have doubts about His existence and still get into Heaven?

If I only have to love God and my neighbor can I be disgusted with others? What of my neighbor is a terrible person - do I have to love them?

The problem with your religion and others are the massive inconsistencies and holes in the logic. Religion was established to establish some control over the masses. It has become a divisive force that is used to justify war and money grabs, among other nasty things.

We look back and wonder how people could have believed in Roman Gods, or witches, or littnies of other beliefs we now consider nonsense. In the distant future people will no doubt look back at is and wonder "what were they thinking" with regard to religion.

Except, Jesus resurrected from the dead. Witches didnt do that. The Roman gods were myths.

The resurrection is the only reason Christianity spread.

• Haha
Except, Jesus resurrected from the dead. Witches didnt do that. The Roman gods were myths.

The resurrection is the only reason Christianity spread.
Except - it's a story. Lol at other Gods being "myths" but yours is real.

30+ years.

Remember stuff that happened in the 1980's?

It's like that time gap.
Lol - most say it was started about 40 years after and took at least 50 years to complete. Nothing was written at the time. These are stories that people say happened, some of which likely did, much of which did not.

Lol - most say it was started about 40 years after and took at least 50 years to complete. Nothing was written at the time. These are stories that people say happened, some of which likely did, much of which did not.

That's a short time in ancient history.

The Apostles were proclaiming the resurrection within months of it happening.

Why would I do that? You are basing your whole philosophy on hearsay that was generations old when it was finally written down.

Because you have many questions and Thomas Aquinas has many answers. :)

I'm an ex-atheist. I only reverted to the Catholic Church after a bad experience one evening in August of 2016.

Before that, I didn't believe any of this stuff.

Because you have many questions and Thomas Aquinas has many answers. :)

I'm an ex-atheist. I only reverted to the Catholic Church after a bad experience one evening in August of 2016.

Before that, I didn't believe any of this stuff.
Certainly your prerogative. I have many questions of you because your answers are so inconsistent and fluid. If someone is going to publicly tout their faith so hard they should be able to answer these types of questions very easily and in a manner that makes sense.

Being murdered for making a claim does not make said claim true. In fact, I imagine a lot of people have been murdered for making false claims.

Being murdered for making a claim does not make said claim true. In fact, I imagine a lot of people have been murdered for making false claims.
It's not that they were killed for making a claim. It's that they could have changed their claims and lived. Do a lot of people go to their deaths for claims they know are not true? These men knew whether it was true or not and went to their deaths because they knew it was true.

Hardly concrete, but it is evidence.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
It's not that they were killed for making a claim. It's that they could have changed their claims and lived. Do a lot of people go to their deaths for claims they know are not true? These men knew whether it was true or not and went to their deaths because they knew it was true.

Hardly concrete, but it is evidence.
More importantly, outside of the Bible, there's no evidence for the existence of most of the apostles and zero evidence that they were put to death for anything. To say that the Bible is true because it's in the Bible is...quixotic.

Certainly your prerogative. I have many questions of you because your answers are so inconsistent and fluid. If someone is going to publicly tout their faith so hard they should be able to answer these types of questions very easily and in a manner that makes sense.

I can't have all the answers, as I've explained already, like who goes to Heaven. That's up to God. Not me. A big part of faith (and life) is mystery. We simply don't know.

I've given you links that you can search, hoping they can help. I'm basically a very amateur theologian. I only began studying the faith in 2016 and one could study the faith for a lifetime...

Right, but it usually means they believe the claim. People usually don't end up dying for something they know is a lie.

I can't have all the answers, as I've explained already, like who goes to Heaven. That's up to God. Not me. A big part of faith (and life) is mystery. We simply don't know.

I've given you links that you can search, hoping they can help. I'm basically a very amateur theologian. I only began studying the faith in 2016 and one could study the faith for a lifetime...
And I'm simply pointing out the huge holes and inconsistencies in the theories you are promoting.

At least you appear to acknowledge that getting to Heaven is not based on "free will". It's based on guessing correctly what God wants of you.

More importantly, outside of the Bible, there's no evidence for the existence of most of the apostles and zero evidence that they were put to death for anything. To say that the Bible is true because it's in the Bible is...quixotic.

That doesn't mean the Apostles didn't exist. Christianity spreading the globe without the Apostles existing would be an even bigger miracle than the resurrection. :)

And I'm simply pointing out the huge holes and inconsistencies in the theories you are promoting.

At least you appear to acknowledge that getting to Heaven is not based on "free will". It's based on guessing correctly what God wants of you.

During our lives, we use free will every day. You're using free will to respond to my posts, for example.

Then, God judges us at the end if our lives based on how we used our free will during this life.

I don't see how that's inconsistent.

During our lives, we use free will every day. You're using free will to respond to my posts, for example.

Then, God judges us at the end if our lives based on how we used our free will during this life.

I don't see how that's inconsistent.
Because it's God's free will to choose who gets into Heaven, not the person.

And it goes against the notion that God is all powerful and can make anything happen.

Because it's God's free will to choose who gets into Heaven, not the person.

And it goes against the notion that God is all powerful and can make anything happen.

How so?

God can still be all powerful and make anything happen, if He chooses.

We have free will during this brief lifetime.

Last edited:
How so?

God can still be all powerful and make anything happen, if He chooses.

We have free will during this brief lifetime.
Again, then it's His will. He has ultimate control, according to your philosophy. He makes the choices.

Again, then it's His will. He has ultimate control, according to your philosophy. He makes the choices.

God makes the final judgement but we get free will in this short lifetime.

God can intervene in the world but keeps our free will on a long leash, so to speak.

That doesn't make sense?

God makes the final judgement but we get free will in this short lifetime.

God can intervene in the world but keeps our free will on a long leash, so to speak.

That doesn't make sense?
No. You're spinning the fact that ultimately, in your belief, God has the will to make anything happen so it is His free will to direct or allow people's choices. That's contradictory. How many times have you heard someone say their choice was what God told them to do? Or that the choice is up to God?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT