ADVERTISEMENT

Texas AG On School Shootings: “God Has A Plan”

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
School shootings are one of the things that leads me to believe there is no god. As you can imagine, one of the parents had some ripe words for the Texas AG.

I can certainly see where folks would need to believe there was some grand, Godly plan for these children but I'll be damned if I would feel better about a god that did these horrible things to children to satisfy godly need. If god has a plan, then ze caused these things to happen.

“If I lost one of my children I’d be pretty devastated, especially in a way that is so senseless and seemingly has no purpose.

“I would just have to say, if I had the opportunity to talk to the people I’d have to say, look, there’s always a plan. I believe God always has a plan. Life is short no matter what it is.

“And certainly, we’re not going to make sense of, you know, a young child being shot and killed way before their life expectancy.” – Texas AG Ken Paxton, speaking on right wing radio.

It’s really amazing how you can just dismiss everything away that is inconvenient for you personally or politically by saying it is God’s plan. But, you know, also punish people who commit crimes. How can you punish someone who is just carrying out God’s plan? Free will doesn’t exist if everything is simply explained away by it being God’s plan.

It’s really amazing how you can just dismiss everything away that is inconvenient for you personally or politically by saying it is God’s plan. But, you know, also punish people who commit crimes. How can you punish someone who is just carrying out God’s plan? Free will doesn’t exist if everything is simply explained away by it being God’s plan.
Kenny boy Paxton is stretching hard. He wants it both ways. That crap is running out of juice. It is becoming very apparent.

I’m sure he thinks it’s part of gods plan that he’s managed to delay his trial on securities fraud for 7 years now.
200.gif

Another thought:

If it was simply God’s plan that got a bunch of kids murdered by a gun at a school so we’ll use that as an excuse against any gun legislation, wouldn’t that also mean it is God’s plan that some pregnancies end in abortion so we can use that as an excuse against banning abortion?

I guess since quite a few natural conceptions are ended in natural abortion (miscarriage), there’s probably even more of an argument that abortion is God’s plan.

What is he supposed to say? He's trying to comfort people. Also, maybe God's plan is to use this to finally get some common sense gun control going. Sheesh

• Haha
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
What is he supposed to say? He's trying to comfort people. Also, maybe God's plan is to use this to finally get some common sense gun control going. Sheesh
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that he has zero intention of using this for gun control. What’s supposed to say? How about not saying it’s part of God’s plan. That is insincere, inconsiderate and just taking the easy way out.

@NoleATL You've been on quite the atheist posting spree lately.

That being said, we all have free will. I'm not sure it's fair to dismiss God being real because some psycho shoots up a school.

Reactions: NoleATL

That being said, we all have free will. I'm not sure it's fair to dismiss God being real because some psycho shoots up a school.

Interesting you address the OP instead of the comments made by the AG.

Do you think it was God’s plan for those kids to be murdered? “Mysterious ways” or some other bullshit?

Or, you know, maybe more murdered kids is another sign from God that we need to use the brains he gave us to solve problems and not make idiotic comments like murdered children being God’s plan.

The “God’s plan” comment is always a cop out to avoid discussing something or when you don’t have anything intelligent to add to the conversation.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that he has zero intention of using this for gun control. What’s supposed to say? How about not saying it’s part of God’s plan. That is insincere, inconsiderate and just taking the easy way out.
I totally agree. That AG is a dip shit.

Interesting you address the OP instead of the comments made by the AG.

Do you think it was God’s plan for those kids to be murdered? “Mysterious ways” or some other bullshit?

Or, you know, maybe more murdered kids is another sign from God that we need to use the brains he gave us to solve problems and not make idiotic comments like murdered children being God’s plan.

The “God’s plan” comment is always a cop out to avoid discussing something or when you don’t have anything intelligent to add to the conversation.

The only part that interested me was the first sentence from the OP.

As to the rest, I have no idea.

School shootings are one of the things that leads me to believe there is no god. As you can imagine, one of the parents had some ripe words for the Texas AG.

I can certainly see where folks would need to believe there was some grand, Godly plan for these children but I'll be damned if I would feel better about a god that did these horrible things to children to satisfy godly need. If god has a plan, then ze caused these things to happen.

“If I lost one of my children I’d be pretty devastated, especially in a way that is so senseless and seemingly has no purpose.

“I would just have to say, if I had the opportunity to talk to the people I’d have to say, look, there’s always a plan. I believe God always has a plan. Life is short no matter what it is.

“And certainly, we’re not going to make sense of, you know, a young child being shot and killed way before their life expectancy.” – Texas AG Ken Paxton, speaking on right wing radio.
It's interesting to me how Christians continue to be tone deaf. I sincerely believe, with all my heart and soul that Christ himself wouldn't say that to a grieving parent. While God definitely has a plan, the twisted use of that phrase as justification or as a means to avoid accountability is worse than T&Ps. It's honestly no fracking wonder people have zero desire to understand Jesus, they can't get near him due to today's church.

And it really says a lot about who he thinks God is and should make him question the values of the God he worships.

While God definitely has a plan, the twisted use of that phrase as justification or as a means to avoid accountability is worse than T&Ps.
Do they not understand that if this was according to "god's plan" then god planned to have someone tear up these bodies by shooting high caliber ammunition into children's bodies? Would their god do that to these children?

I'll own that. Now how about what the Texas AG said? How does that fit with the Christian god?

I'll own that. Now how about what the Texas AG said? How does that fit with the Christian god?

He said God has a plan. That makes sense to me, from a Christian perspective.

If the kids are in eternal joy, I bet they wouldn't want to come back to the Earth.

Would you? :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
If there is a God, how do we know he didn't die too? Maybe that was part of his plan.

"God" (who is allegedly "omnipotent") was apparently losing the battle against Satan, so he needed a "quick pick-up" of 19 more child-souls to fill the gaps in his battle lines....

👀

• Wow
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
From a Christian perspective, it makes sense that God always has a plan.

That being said, I'm very aware that America is an atheist country now and most Americans do not agree.
Well, in futherance of his "plan", your god directed an 18 year old to buy guns and ammunition, shoot his grandmother in the face, go to an elementary school, and kill two school teachers and 19 children. At least two of those children were decapitated by the shots that struck them. The survivors will deal for the rest of their lives with the horror of what they saw and heard. Anyone who worships that god is seriously disturbed.

Well, in futherance of his "plan", your god directed an 18 year old to buy guns and ammunition, shoot his grandmother in the face, go to an elementary school, and kill two school teachers and 19 children. At least two of those children were decapitated by the shots that struck them. The survivors will deal for the rest of their lives with the horror of what they saw and heard. Anyone who worships that god is seriously disturbed.

God didn't "direct" him to do anything. He chose evil using his own free will.

God gets blamed for all the bad in America and no credit for the good.

It makes no sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT