ADVERTISEMENT

Texas AG On School Shootings: “God Has A Plan”

School shootings are one of the things that leads me to believe there is no god. As you can imagine, one of the parents had some ripe words for the Texas AG.

I can certainly see where folks would need to believe there was some grand, Godly plan for these children but I'll be damned if I would feel better about a god that did these horrible things to children to satisfy godly need. If god has a plan, then ze caused these things to happen.

“If I lost one of my children I’d be pretty devastated, especially in a way that is so senseless and seemingly has no purpose.

“I would just have to say, if I had the opportunity to talk to the people I’d have to say, look, there’s always a plan. I believe God always has a plan. Life is short no matter what it is.

“And certainly, we’re not going to make sense of, you know, a young child being shot and killed way before their life expectancy.” – Texas AG Ken Paxton, speaking on right wing radio.
All he is saying is that in times of senseless acts, Christians put their faith in God.

Other peoples faith is not evidence. There is no proof of Jesus being any more than a man and a biblical creation also has no evidence. Try again. What evidence is there?

Millions of people in history over thousands of years have had experiences of God and the supernatural. I've talked to some myself; college professors, Ivy League graduates, not frauds.

The overwhelming evidence is that God is real.

Millions of people in history over thousands of years have had experiences of God and the supernatural. I've talked to some myself; college professors, Ivy League graduates, not frauds.

The overwhelming evidence is that God is real.
There have also been millions throughout history who didnt believe in God. Ive talked to some myself; college professors, Ivy league graduates who didnt believe.

Whats the overwhelming evidence then?

Muslims can definitely get to Heaven. Where did I say they could not?

"Allah" just means "God" in Arabic. I believe God hears their prayers 100%.

God doesn't prevent people from going to Heaven but many, if not most people, reject God through their actions.

Make sense?
Nope. Your story continues to evolve. Now it's anyone who worships a God can get into Heaven rather than THE God. Again, I go back to people who aren't sure about a God or believe God doesn't make sense - honest questions that don't make someone a "bad" person. You are still suggesting those people cannot get into Heaven because of ignorance. Does God prevent all ignorant people from getting into Heaven?

Wut? They don't know about God. How can they get evidence from Him when they have no knowledge of Him. Or are you saying God makes Himself visible to everyone in such an obvious way, all over the world, that no one should be ignorant of His presence?

Nope. Your story continues to evolve. Now it's anyone who worships a God can get into Heaven rather than THE God. Again, I go back to people who aren't sure about a God or believe God doesn't make sense - honest questions that don't make someone a "bad" person. You are still suggesting those people cannot get into Heaven because of ignorance. Does God prevent all ignorant people from getting into Heaven?
Only those who are "invincibly ignorant" can get in per Brian. But then he says Muslims who know of Jesus but don't believe he was the messiah can also get in. That's contradictory. Then he seems to say that once they do get in, they'll renounce their old beliefs and embrace his version of christianity. I wonder what happens if they choose not to do so.

Reactions: RileyHawk
There have also been millions throughout history who didnt believe in God. Ive talked to some myself; college professors, Ivy league graduates who didnt believe.

Whats the overwhelming evidence then?

The Apostles had experiences of Jesus resurrected from the dead. So did Saint Paul.

Two geniuses, Blaise Pascal and Thomas Aquinas, both had experiences. There are millions more like this.

Of course, people you know that haven't had these experiences don't believe. Why would they? :)

Only those who are "invincibly ignorant" can get in per Brian. But then he says Muslims who know of Jesus but don't believe he was the messiah can also get in. That's contradictory. Then he seems to say that once they do get in, they'll renounce their old beliefs and embrace his version of christianity. I wonder what happens if they choose not to do so.

I've also said eternal salvation is up to God. Not me.

I'm walking on thin ice because I don't want to place myself as God lest I fall into the flames.

Last edited:

I can't know for sure. Again, it's up to God, not me.

Don't believe me or anyone else. Just ask Jesus if He is real. Be patient. Give it 6 months. Try a church.

You will see that He is real. :)

Wut? They don't know about God. How can they get evidence from Him when they have no knowledge of Him. Or are you saying God makes Himself visible to everyone in such an obvious way, all over the world, that no one should be ignorant of His presence?

All they have to do is search, as I'm inviting you to do.

Try a church for 6 months. It's only an hour a week. :)

Masstimes.org

I can't know for sure. Again, it's up to God, not me.

Don't believe me or anyone else. Just ask Jesus if He is real. Be patient. Give it 6 months. Try a church.

You will see that He is real. :)
Aren't you risking your eternal salvation if you're not sure?

Your message is very flexible.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
Aren't you risking your eternal salvation if you're not sure?

Your message is very flexible.

Perhaps. Everything is a risk, dude.

How do you know you won't get hit by a truck tomorrow when you leave the house?

How do you know your kid won't grow up to be a serial killer?

How do you know atheism is true?

You don't.

As for me, I'd like infinite joy when I'm dead in a few decades, so I pray 5-10 hours per day, attend Church and try my best to give to others.

The rest is out of my hands.

• Haha
Reactions: uinab
The Apostles had experiences of Jesus resurrected from the dead. So did Saint Paul.

Two geniuses, Blaise Pascal and Thomas Aquinas, both had experiences. There are millions more like this.

Of course, people you know that haven't had these experiences don't believe. Why would they? :)

... thats all good. But it doesnt prove anything. Einstein didnt believe in a Christian God nor an after life.

So where is the evidence? You said overwhelming evidence, but have shared none. Why? Is it because there is no evidence?

Last edited:
... thats all good. But it doesnt prove anything. Einstein didnt believe in a Christian God nor an after life.

So where is the evidence? You said overwhelming evidence, but have shared none. Why? Is it because there is no evidence?

Einstein never claimed to have had any experiences of God, either. Perhaps he and other atheists should talk to those that have?

If you want to learn how to become a doctor, you have to go to med school. If you want to become a lawyer, go to law school. If you want to learn about spiritual realities, talk to those that have had experiences.

There is also the historical evidence for the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.

Einstein never claimed to have had any experiences of God, either. Perhaps he and other atheists should talk to those that have?

If you want to learn how to become a doctor, you have to go to med school. If you want to become a lawyer, go to law school. If you want to learn about spiritual realities, talk to those that have had experiences.

There is also the historical evidence for the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.
... they cant verify that their experiences are real and also have no proof whereas a doctor can point to the human body as proof.

There is zero evidence of a resurrection. Sorry. All these things are based on faith. They are not proof of anything other than the fact that someone believes them.

Perhaps. Everything is a risk, dude.

How do you know you won't get hit by a truck tomorrow when you leave the house?

How do you know your kid won't grow up to be a serial killer?

How do you know atheism is true?

You don't.

As for me, I'd like infinite joy when I'm dead in a few decades, so I pray 5-10 hours per day, attend Church and try my best to give to others.

The rest is out of my hands.
But by your own standards, since you admit you don't know, you have no chance to get into Heaven. You're going through the motions based on hope - hope that there is a God. Yet you tout that the only way to eternal salvation is to completely believe, with no doubts. And that you have to pray, attend church, and claim your complete belief (even if you have even the slightest doubt) - none of which is based on free will.

If there is a God that is loving and forgiving I believe He will forgive me for being skeptical yet still trying to do good things. I don't accept a God who is vindictive and demands worship.

So Einstein is an atheist because he believed in God but not the Christian version, or Heaven? He can't get into Heaven but a Muslim can?

There's a lot of inconsistency in your message.

Reactions: nelly02
But by your own standards, since you admit you don't know, you have no chance to get into Heaven. You're going through the motions based on hope - hope that there is a God. Yet you tout that the only way to eternal salvation is to completely believe, with no doubts. And that you have to pray, attend church, and claim your complete belief (even if you have even the slightest doubt) - none of which is based on free will.

If there is a God that is loving and forgiving I believe He will forgive me for being skeptical yet still trying to do good things. I don't accept a God who is vindictive and demands worship.

This post is full of statements that I didn't make. I don't believe one has to have 0 doubts about God. I've stated most people have doubts from time to time.

Hope is a Christian virtue.

You can reject worship if you want, but I think it would be in your interest to at least try Church once a week. The Bible is clear that Christians should worship in groups.

So Einstein is an atheist because he believed in God but not the Christian version, or Heaven? He can't get into Heaven but a Muslim can?

There's a lot of inconsistency in your message.

What?

I can't know for certain who will get to Heaven. I've stated that. It's a mystery.

All I know for certain is that we all will die.

Last edited:
... they cant verify that their experiences are real and also have no proof whereas a doctor can point to the human body as proof.

There is zero evidence of a resurrection. Sorry. All these things are based on faith. They are not proof of anything other than the fact that someone believes them.

There's tons of evidence for the resurrection.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
This post is full of statements that I didn't make. I don't believe one has to have 0 doubts about God. I've stated most people have doubts from time to time.

Hope is a Christian virtue.

You can reject worship if you want, but I think it would be in your interest to at least try Church once a week. The Bible is clear that Christians should worship in groups.

There is nothing untrue in that post. It's highlighting how your story changes. You originally stated that complete belief and dedication to God is a requirement to enter Heaven. Now that's not the case - a Muslim can get in, ignorant people can get in, assumedly others (even those with some doubt) can as well but the criteria is shaky, at best.

You tell us people have "free will" yet you cite many things that God demands be done to enter Heaven - that's not free will.

If there is a God that is as demanding as you suggest, requiring worship and complete devotion, shouldn't His rules be very clear and communicated consistently to everyone? If He really wants everyone to join him in eternity? How do you explain the inconsistencies? Is God trying to trick is?

What?

I can't know for certain who will get to Heaven. I've stated that. It's a mystery.

All I know for certain is that we all will die.
Yep. That's a far cry from what you were saying before. Good on you for coming around to reality.

There is nothing untrue in that post. It's highlighting how your story changes. You originally stated that complete belief and dedication to God is a requirement to enter Heaven. Now that's not the case - a Muslim can get in, ignorant people can get in, assumedly others (even those with some doubt) can as well but the criteria is shaky, at best.

You tell us people have "free will" yet you cite many things that God demands be done to enter Heaven - that's not free will.

If there is a God that is as demanding as you suggest, requiring worship and complete devotion, shouldn't His rules be very clear and communicated consistently to everyone? If He really wants everyone to join him in eternity? How do you explain the inconsistencies? Is God trying to trick is?

I stated that it's not up to me to decide who gets to Heaven or not. I can speculate but in the end, it's not my call. It's a mystery.

Jesus said He is the way to Heaven. So, I put my trust in Him and the Church I believe He founded.

The "rules" are pretty clear. Love God, love neighbor. That's it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about free will.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT