ADVERTISEMENT

Texas AG On School Shootings: “God Has A Plan”

No. You're spinning the fact that ultimately, in your belief, God has the will to make anything happen so it is His free will to direct or allow people's choices. That's contradictory. How many times have you heard someone say their choice was what God told them to do? Or that the choice is up to God?

Both God and humans can have free will. That seems possible.

Good point - the theory says he is.
And therein lies the rub...if whatever I do is a predetermined part of some plan then I don't have free will at all. I CAN'T choose to do something else. Thus - full circle - the Uvalde shooter HAD to do what he did and the deaths of those children IS part of Brian's god's psychopathic plan. "God" killed those children.

And therein lies the rub...if whatever I do is a predetermined part of some plan then I don't have free will at all. I CAN'T choose to do something else. Thus - full circle - the Uvalde shooter HAD to do what he did and the deaths of those children IS part of Brian's god's psychopathic plan. "God" killed those children.

What's causing you to choose that opinion?

Or post it?

Free will or something else?

What's causing you to choose that opinion?

Or post it?

Free will or something else?
I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no "opinion" in that post. Is God an omniscient being who knows everything that has happened, is happening and will happen or not? Yes or no. And is that part of a godly plan that can't be altered by the will of man?

Reactions: RileyHawk
I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no "opinion" in that post. Is God an omniscient being who knows everything that has happened, is happening and will happen or not? Yes or no. And is that part of a godly plan that can't be altered by the will of man?

God is indeed omniscient.

Man still has free will. Knowledge doesn't imply lack of free will.

For example, you know we will die.

Did you cause our deaths to happen?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk

If it's part of a plan I set in motion? If I know the precise time and place and could, with a simple act of will, prevent it? Of course.

If your god knows I'm going to step off a curb in front of a bus and be killed and to deviate from that would invalidate his plan, can I jump out of the way?

I choose not to die. Does that mean I won't?

Absurd.

If it's part of a plan I set in motion? If I know the precise time and place and could, with a simple act of will, prevent it? Of course.

If your god knows I'm going to step off a curb in front of a bus and be killed and to deviate from that would invalidate his plan, can I jump out of the way?

God can prevent anything, of course. He chooses not to sometimes. The "why" is a mystery.

You could jump out of the way.

You're going to have to be more explicit there.

God has a predetermined plan? Yes or no

God knows everything I'm going to do? Yes or no

I think God has multiple plans and the variable is human free will. It's up to us to decide the outcome.

Make sense?

I didn't choose it either. It goes against my will.

And some people do cause it.

Right but just because you know something will happen doesn't mean you caused it.

You know the sun will rise tomorrow, but you didn't cause it to happen.

What?

I can't know for certain who will get to Heaven. I've stated that. It's a mystery.

All I know for certain is that we all will die.
It ain t no mystery. Nobody go to heaven. You die and thaats it period. No floatin around with angels no pearly gates dead is dead. Then everybody moves on then repeat process.

Right but just because you know something will happen doesn't mean you caused it.

You know the sun will rise tomorrow, but you didn't cause it to happen.
That's irrelevant. We're talking about free will. I get to choose what I want - except I don't.

This has gone on long enough. I'm out.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
That's irrelevant. We're talking about free will. I get to choose what I want - except I don't.

This has gone on long enough. I'm out.

Understood.

Debates about God, free will, determinism, etc. are endless. People have been debating them for thousands of years, without a strong conclusion.

At least we can all agree that Putin sucks. :)

@tarheelbybirth
@Moral

From a Christian perspective, it makes sense that God always has a plan.

That being said, I'm very aware that America is an atheist country now and most Americans do not agree.

If you're belief includes "god" including massacres of innocent children, well you get the picture, please continue to drive the necessary miles to waste your time to worship, drain your bank account to the greatest extent possible, but stay the fcvk out of my business, don't tell me how to vote, or question my morals.

ADVERTISEMENT