ADVERTISEMENT

Texas authorities: Teacher did not leave door propped open before shooter entered school; door was closed, did not lock

I’d recommend not letting HORT dictate what you think and / or bowing to HORT’s criticism on said beliefs once you’ve established them. You should be able to come up with a decision, the and not bothered by any criticism the HORT collective lays upon you.

And swag, c’mon man…HROT is so pre-Pepsi’s second coming. Get in here and straighten this guy out @Moral.

I came here for basic information as I worked long hours last week on the road so I didn’t hear many particulars.

Texas Dept of Public Safety said 19 officers waited in the hall.

There was a barrage of gunfire shortly after Ramos entered the classroom where officers eventually killed him, but those shots were "sporadic" for much of the 48 minutes that officers waited in the hallway, McCraw said. He said investigators do not know if children died during that time.

Was the hallway air conditioned? Was there anywhere for the 19 officers to sit? An hour is a long time to stand around when you are dressed up like Meal Team Six. Those rifles are heavy. I hope it wasn’t too tiring for them.

Reactions: pjhawk
I came here for basic information as I worked long hours last week on the road so I didn’t hear many particulars.

Well, then we’ve come full circle. I recommended against it as I wouldn’t form an opinion on much of anything from HORT’s collective. I wouldn't trust this group of yahoos to recommend me dog food, certainly not something this charged. Should you care to proceed, IMHO it’s at your own peril. But you do you.

If my buddy in Baghdad was underfire, I would not have hesitated to come help him. These are little children, how could anyone listen to an order to not engage. None of us know all the facts yet, but this police chief should resign immediately. So should anyone not cooperating in investigation

Well, then we’ve come full circle. I recommended against it as I wouldn’t form an opinion on much of anything from HORT’s collective. I wouldn't trust this group of yahoos to recommend me dog food, certainly not something this charged. Should you care to proceed, IMHO it’s at your own peril. But you do you.

They tend to come through in the clutch when it comes to fine cuisine in different cities……sans pizza

Reactions: Mike Zierath
My question from the beginning was how the guy got into the school. Every time I’ve been to a public or private school the last several years you always have to announce yourself and get buzzed in by the office. In fact the last several I’ve been in, when you are admitted you can only go into the office area and not the school.
Adam Lanza shot out the front windows and bypassed the locked door I believe.

If my buddy in Baghdad was underfire, I would not have hesitated to come help him. These are little children, how could anyone listen to an order to not engage. None of us know all the facts yet, but this police chief should resign immediately. So should anyone not cooperating in investigation
The police chief was supposed to be sworn in as a new city councilor tonight as well.

Story changing daily as every version, to date, has been debunked as people are being interviewed.

See...that's the problem with lying...you have to remember what you said the previous times you were asked about what happened.

These cowards need to be fired and charged with "dereliction of duties ".

No one can defend local law enforcement with what we're learning by the day.

Didn't we all learn as children that a 2nd lie can't stop the first lie from being uncovered....

Like putting the thermometer up to the light bulb because you don't want to go to school.

Reactions: McLovin32
Cops quit cooperating because they shot a kid. Any bets? Friendly fire isn’t very friendly.

My question from the beginning was how the guy got into the school. Every time I’ve been to a public or private school the last several years you always have to announce yourself and get buzzed in by the office. In fact the last several I’ve been in, when you are admitted you can only go into the office area and not the school.
I’ve had kids in our elementary, middle and high schools over the past 2 years (well, more really, but last year, I had one in each school). The elementary is straightforward - unless teachers prop the door that leads to the playground (they generally don’t, as they all have key cards), the only path in is through a locked door with a buzzer entry and cameras. Once in, the office isn’t sealed from the rest of the school, but you do have to cross the vision of the office. Once in, someone would have to take an aggressive push through that area, but probably could get to classrooms, depending on lockdown drill pace and the ability to lock classrooms.

The middle school is similar, but more vulnerable during class change. Before school, there are 3 entrances unlocked. During the day, all traffic runs by the office (but again, no man trap or any other obstacle, you’d just have to pass the office to enter. During class changes, there are, I think, 3 other doors unlocked to allow for more efficient student flow.

The high school is much more difficult - it was originally built to be a community college, so it’s a small campus with 4-5 different buildings. There are security protocols and classrooms lock, but it’s much more difficult to secure.

Reactions: swagsurfer02
Texas Dept of Public Safety said 19 officers waited in the hall.

There was a barrage of gunfire shortly after Ramos entered the classroom where officers eventually killed him, but those shots were "sporadic" for much of the 48 minutes that officers waited in the hallway, McCraw said. He said investigators do not know if children died during that time.

I'm still trying to understand why they would tell any living children left in the room to call for help while still locked in with the killer. From the student account, a girl did that and Ramos came and killed her. That seems to be when the agent (I've heard there were four) went through the door and shot him. Sounds like he had enough of the stupidity he was witnessing.

That officers were outside the room hearing "sporadic" shots and refused to go in...if that's true, every one of them should be fired, run out of town, and never allowed to work in law enforcement again. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any criminal charge that would stick.

He needs to be fired very soon from the police chief job and somehow removed from the council too. He should be done.

There were close to 100 police officers who did not take proper action during the incident. Then there are the repeated attempts to cover up all of this by DPS and the governor. They can’t be allowed to make this chief, who runs a department with 5 officers, the scapegoat for the many failures last Tuesday. He needs to go but many more need to go along with him.

I have followed the corrupt police industry in this country long enough to know that they will circle the wagons and few of them, if any, will face actual consequences. This chief is likely to keep both jobs.

I'm not sure the:

The door was propped open but when she heard the car crash she closed the door but it didn't lock, is quite the defense the OP thinks it is...

I'm not sure the:

The door was propped open but when she heard the car crash she closed the door but it didn't lock, is quite the defense the OP thinks it is...
You obviously you know nothing about how exterior school doors work. They will open from the inside, but lock when they are closed. The teacher propping it and then closing it did not affect the doors ability to lock.

You obviously you know nothing about how exterior school doors work. They will open from the inside, but lock when they are closed. The teacher propping it and then closing it did not affect the doors ability to lock.
Hahaha....

I've worked at Nuclear plants, government offices, schools, and many other secure locations. I have to badge into the site I work and we have a push button lock to get into the building my office is located at my plant right now.

I fully understand how these locks work. I will be VERY surprised if this locked failed... the teacher admitted to propping the door open but closed it when she herd the crash. Something isn't adding up.

This whole situation stinks to the high heavens.

I bet if they had put up the gun free zone sign the guy would have gone somewhere else...

• Haha
Reactions: Rooster31
Hahaha....

I've worked at Nuclear plants, government offices, schools, and many other secure locations. I have to badge into the site I work and we have a push button lock to get into the building my office is located at my plant right now.

I fully understand how these locks work. I will be VERY surprised if this locked failed... the teacher admitted to propping the door open but closed it when she herd the crash. Something isn't adding up.

I bet if they had put up the gun free zone sign the guy would have gone somewhere else...
I wish they would share the actual video evidence, not of the children being shot, but of the gunman entering from cameras inside the building. I taught in a much smaller community in Iowa and we had cameras in our hallways, I'm sure Uvalde did as well.

Hahaha....

Since this wasn't a designated building entrance I'm going to assume that it was most likely an emergency only exit which by code should be set up with an interior panic bar operator, an automatic door closer and a wired connection to the building's fire alarm/security system,... Sounds like it wasn't wired, the teacher inappropriately used it as a short cut to get to her car, and then when shit started to go down she didn't follow through on making sure that the door was pulled completely shut and latched,.. I agree, this door and this teacher's usage of it don't add up.

Also, was the school actually the target? I thought I heard he killed someone (possibly his grandmother?) then went on the run from the cops and came to the school???

Just a bit of info that you may still not have. He sent messages to someone that he was going to shoot up a school. I think it was right after he shot his grandmother.

Strikes me as odd, the almost non existent amount of information that we have on this shooter....

Strikes me as odd, the almost non existent amount of information that we have on this shooter....
The whole situation lacks consistent information which is rare for an incident this large. I wonder if we'll ever get the whole truth.

Just a bit of info that you may still not have. He sent messages to someone that he was going to shoot up a school. I think it was right after he shot his grandmother.

hmm, definitely haven’t heard that. Did he attend that school when he was younger. Any clues in his messages to why that specific school?

• Haha
Reactions: Rooster31
hmm, definitely haven’t heard that. Did he attend that school when he was younger. Any clues in his messages to why that specific school?

Not sure why he chose that school. I heard someone say his grandmother used to work there but not sure.

Hahaha....

We know, every building needs a janitor.

Not sure why he chose that school. I heard someone say his grandmother used to work there but not sure.

Anyone hear why there was so much animosity towards his grandmother?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT